Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Union Bank of the Philippines Launching Cryptocurrency ATM  (Read 1011 times)
Seth2009

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 03:58:25 PM

Union Bank of the Philippines Launching Cryptocurrency ATM

One of the largest banks in the Philippines is reportedly launching a two-way cryptocurrency ATM that is in compliance with Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ specifications. In the Philippines, the central bank regulates cryptocurrencies “when used for delivery of financial services, particularly, for payments and remittances.”

https://news.bitcoin.com/union-bank-philippines-cryptocurrency-atm/

Another compelling moved that the Philippines is really working hard and getting closer to adopt bitcoin as one of the biggest bank in the country is launching a crypto ATM. Union Bank seems to be spearheading this, and as far as I can remember this bank is one of the first if not the first to integrate Paypal as well in the country. So let's see how it goes.

One of the largest banks in the Philippines adopting cryptocurrency is really a great impact to filipinos who are still blind in terms of bitcoin... Especially if its acknowledged by BSP itself... This will open their eyes that cryptocurrency has a new role as of now especially in faster transactions..adopting cryptocurrency and study it will avoid everyone to be a scam victims....hopefully more people will accept crypto now..

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:07:09 PM

A good one coming from Philippines and we hope many more news of such should flow in consecutively to enable the growth of cryptocurrency. Though, the launching and installing of cryptocurrency ATM machine without appropriate security may be a bad one due to the fact that security is the watch dog of the crypto-community. Let there be secure ATM by installing CCTV cameras and providing armed guard men around all ATM machine and protect them against hackers. 

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:37:49 PM

Seeing a big bank spearheading the launching of bitcoin ATM will attract many people to try using the cyrptocurrency for their virtual transactions. The growing economy in the Philippines will further boost the use of cryptocurrencies and speed up its adoption by some retailers and shops. I hope the decision of Union Bank of the Philippines to put their own bitcoin ATM will also pave the way to establish more bitcoin ATMs around the country.
LTCendmanagement

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:42:14 PM

right we should not miss the development of the bitcoin market and the development of bitcoin in other countries because from there we can know the progress of coin how in the future besides that I also continue to adopt coin coin carefully hoping that there will be developments in the future so that it can be a savings for me in the future better future.

Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 04:57:05 PM

I usually think that new bitcoin ATMs aren't that relevant(though any publicity is good publicity I guess), but knowing that a bank itself is releasing a bitcoin ATM? That's quite a big deal in my opinion.

Off-course, its a big deal because this will be another avenue to promote cryptocurrency in Philippines and across the globe. Launching of the ATM machine will create more visibility awareness to potentials investors to make their first move into the world of cryptocurrency. Kudos, to this great country that fully accept cryptocurrency!.
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 06:00:34 PM

The Philippines is one of the countries whose government is quite friendly towards crypto, it should be a trigger for other countries. So, the process of adopting bitcoin globally can be realized soon
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:03:47 PM

One of the largest banks in the Philippines is reportedly launching a two-way cryptocurrency ATM that is in compliance with Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ specifications. In the Philippines, the central bank regulates cryptocurrencies “when used for delivery of financial services, particularly, for payments and remittances.”

Another compelling moved that the Philippines is really working hard and getting closer to adopt bitcoin as one of the biggest bank in the country is launching a crypto ATM. Union Bank seems to be spearheading this, and as far as I can remember this bank is one of the first if not the first to integrate Paypal as well in the country. So let's see how it goes.

In 2018 a bad year for Cryptocurrency but a strong year for the Philippines in the Crypto industry. Many ICOs have launched from this country. And the Philippines is trying to become a strong pioneer country in Cryptocurrency development.

trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:53:33 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2019, 09:52:34 PM by trader34

It's a big thing that a bank itself is launching a Bitcoin ATM... This is just one of the actual news which let me think that the engines for cryptocurrencies are warming up for a new cycle sooner or later.
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 09:33:13 PM

The Philippine community is open in nature
crypto will have a great future there
But of course the economy is not too strong to have a strong impact as well
However, this is a good step in the right direction.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:21:19 PM

This is the kind of good news that gives me hope that cryptocurrency is here to stay and a bright future awaits this tech. Other institutions alike will be make their moves without fear to support the development of cryptocurrency, giving room for more adoption.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:15:44 PM

The Philippines is one of the countries whose government is quite friendly towards crypto, it should be a trigger for other countries. So, the process of adopting bitcoin globally can be realized soon
I'm envy with philippines people, their government can accept bitcoin or at least friendly with cryptos. Meanwhile here, in my country, the government don't care about bitcoin and crypto. I hope my country can follow what philippines did.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:57:22 PM

The Philippine community is open in nature
crypto will have a great future there
But of course the economy is not too strong to have a strong impact as well
However, this is a good step in the right direction.

Slowly but surely, Filipinos knows how to adopt and with this great beginning the banks itself will introduce crypto to their customers,
sooner or later the adoptions and usage will be seen all over the country, it's a one step forward for more success that can happen
while crypto still young and waiting for the big success.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 03:22:23 PM

This is one of the best things happen in the Philippines, actually it is already done since last year were Unionbank adopted the concept of crypto currency, and its one of the nice move of Unionbank, for sure other banks will follow on this step in the near future.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:09:54 PM

Happy news for the people of Philippines as their union bank is all set to launch cryptocurrency ATM. The government is making convenience for the public and it will be very useful for everyone and let other countries come forward and facilitate the people.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:55:17 PM

In a developing country like Philippines, this a great opportunity to improve the economy and the nation as a whole as well. Through this, I can foresee that crypto will become more popular in the country and will take interest to the different industries that can also adapt crypto in their business transactions. I hope it will continue to the other banks as well.
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:30:59 AM

In a developing country like Philippines, this a great opportunity to improve the economy and the nation as a whole as well. Through this, I can foresee that crypto will become more popular in the country and will take interest to the different industries that can also adapt crypto in their business transactions. I hope it will continue to the other banks as well.

Not so popular yet but with the support of the government by granting licenses on business related to crypto, this is a good signal
for the future of crypto. This is the first bank to adopt wtih crypto through ATM and I believe there will be more banks to offer this kind of services.
For me, this is not really necessary since you can easily convert your crypto to fiat and vise versa but the physical presence is good.

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 06:41:35 AM

What do you mean improved the economy? Unless anything related to crypto will create thousands of jobs for the country, I don't think it will have a significant effect financially.

Philippines though has show a lot of improvements lately, specially regarding crypto by fully regulating it through BSP, but it won't be enough in my opinion to push the country or at least help or improved their economy, just saying.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:10:34 AM

Wow, I was very impressed by this development. A great achievement for the Philippines because it has the courage to be open with crypto currencies. I really appreciate the Philippine government for giving permission and facilitating the issuance of crypto currency ATMs. I hope this will spearhead the emergence of crypto currency ATMs in other countries, especially in the Southeast Asian region.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:32:47 PM

Wow, I was very impressed by this development. A great achievement for the Philippines because it has the courage to be open with crypto currencies. I really appreciate the Philippine government for giving permission and facilitating the issuance of crypto currency ATMs. I hope this will spearhead the emergence of crypto currency ATMs in other countries, especially in the Southeast Asian region.
Since union bank facilitated this from Philippines for sure many asian banks will do the same ,banks now are adopting blockchain to their system and its just a matter of time for all of them to have ATM machines of cryptocurrency.and they will not let this chance go without them taking advantage
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:02:33 AM

i am really impressed with the steps Philippines is taking in the crypto world. Launching cryptocurrency ATM in Philippines is a welcomed idea and will surely make the adoption of bitcoin faster in Philippines. I also believe this will motivate other countries in taking the bold step Philippines has taken. More success to bitcoin growth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: