Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon VII or RTX2080  (Read 295 times)
stevebc (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:55:10 PM

Hey guys, I've been away from the scene for a while - I'm in the market for a new GPU (mostly for gaming, but I want it to be crypto friendly too)

I'm aware of the pros/cons of the Radeon VII and the RTX2080 for gaming - but would like to know which folks think offers the most potential for mining usage?

Thanks!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:08:03 PM

It will all depend on which mineable coin becomes more profitable in the future. It can be a totally new coin with a different algorithm that we don't know about or it can be something that already exists.
Still, Nvidia GPUs are an all-rounder and they perform really good at hashing many different algorithms and okay in the rest whereas AMD GPUs are beast at what they are compatible with.
Anyway, I'll recommend going for RTX 2080.
GordoLui

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 08:01:28 PM

There's not that much mining info on the radeon 7 yet. So far we know for sure that these cards beast it on eth. The performance cnv8 seems disappointing but that could be attributed to the bad drivers. I'd just wait till more information comes out. And it's not like you can buy one now anyways, these things are sold out. I don't think we can make a good comparison until we have more testing.

If you more of a gamer that just mines on the side, they seem to be about even. Yeah the nvidia card has more features like ray tracing but not many games utilize the tech yet. We know the mining performance of the rtx card is good all around for multiple algos. So with all that said, I think the rtx card would be better suited for you.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:37:04 AM

2080 rtx seems to perform very good on MTP zcoin, Grin, and Beam

The vega vii seems to perform great at eth and prog.

I think overall your best all around bet will be the 2080 rtx for gaming and mining, You won't be disappointed. But I would wait for more results for the vega vii.  Its a toss up depending on preference, both are great choices and you can't go too wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: