Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can an Escrow be a guarantee?  (Read 21345 times)
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 03:56:56 PM

I saw a project and on that project I did not see the team and DEV from the project. however they use Escrow with good positive trust, can it be a determinant that the project will not be scam?

From my point of view, it depends on trust level.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
caffu chino

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 04:02:44 PM

I saw a project and on that project I did not see the team and DEV from the project. however they use Escrow with good positive trust, can it be a determinant that the project will not be scam?

the project with Escrow seems good. this can be a guarantee that if the project is problematic the funds can be returned. so it doesn't matter the project team is anonymous, but the problem is Escrow.

if what you say is true escrow has a good reputation, it might be worth a try. if you can know what the project is? I seem interested

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 04:57:36 PM

escrow is good, if indeed the project uses it, we should appreciate this. very rarely see projects using escrow at this time.

but for an anonymous development team, this can be a problem. I better not deal with projects like this. better a project with a team that we can know.
mirawantirinjana (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:30:44 AM

escrow is good, if indeed the project uses it, we should appreciate this. very rarely see projects using escrow at this time.

but for an anonymous development team, this can be a problem. I better not deal with projects like this. better a project with a team that we can know.
ok, thank you for all the information, with this I will be more careful in participating in the bounty project. in closing I conclude that a project with escrow is a good step, but if there is no team, dev or other supporter, we must be more careful to follow it.
wxganz

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:54:48 PM

No, this is not a determining factor. Many projects with famous developers were sumomo or were frozen. For example Eternaltrust.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
macstrong12

Activity: 230

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:02:39 PM

Since escrows are humans too and humans can make mistake there is no 100% guarantee, but if you use well-known escrows on this website, you can decrease the risk but always use escrows if you want to make a deal, it is always better to have it than you don't.
melomanskiy
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:11:51 PM

Whatever level of trust there is, in any project there should be a team open to contact with the message. And if this does not happen, then you should think. I would not risk it.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:21:39 PM

The project is likely not a scam if they're using reputable escrow, but still there's a possibility for that project to be scam since the project is not showing their team, even with escrow service. But in my opinion, a reputable escrow won't accept the project with non visible team.
Yes, if the Escrow is reputed then it will only accept the team which has the transparency.
lizarder

Activity: 1596
Merit: 882

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:24:40 PM

in my opinion in terms of fraud only when making a transaction, but when the project is running it won't necessarily run smoothly because most projects even though it looks safe at the beginning at the end of the day it will get worse, but there are also projects that initially look bad but when the project is running it turns out that it will be good at the end even without using escrow

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Mcmich

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:31:45 PM

It's not a determinant but at least with that you know the payments are already with the escrow especially in the case of Bounty. When it comes to trading, don't make the mistake of trusting an escrow with large amount of fund. Anything can happen.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:37:51 PM

The command can use escrow for two reasons. Either they are really serious about the implementation of their project, or they do it in order to mislead investors.  Either way, I wouldn't trust a team that hides its identity.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:42:16 PM

The anonymity of the team it may not always mean something bad. But we have to be careful with that. If you really like the project, try to study it in detail. If you find some other things that are questionable for you, you should not invest in such a project.

ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 05:53:51 AM

In finding escrow, here is the best place where you can find some, I know krogothmanhattan is really a great escrow, try to see those that has allot of trust so you can assure the reliability of the transaction.
Nurma.A

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:14:52 AM

Only this time I found this kind of thing. Supposedly, when a project is formed, there must be TIM and DEV. That's mandatory. If there is no one, it cannot be called a project. Even though they have a positive belief in escrow. This is a different thing. If you want to sell or buy coins from other people, and you need escrow, you need someone like this.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:25:05 AM

A scam project is a scam project even if they escrow their token because in the end that token will worth nothing because they do not have plans to create the platform or fulfill their promise, so the escrow is useless, it's the project that counts.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:47:38 AM

If you can't find their team or developer, I think you shouldn't join that project because it's not clear. Now there are many projects that are scams, you should be careful before investing
joeperry

Activity: 2156
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:08:20 AM

You can't determine a good project by holding the payment for their project to an escrow. Yes they will not scam in bounty hunters or in promoters of their project but it doesn't mean that they will not scam in their investors, the bounty campaigns is a way of promoting the project in order to get an investor for their project.

There's no exact way to tell if a project is going to be a scam but there are ways to avoid it:
- Checking if the team is legitimate or credible
- Solution of the project
- Problem they're going to solve
- Pictures of the team attending conferences or any events (Probably wearing the logo shirt or a logo can be seen in the event)

We have different ways to check if it's legit and this is some of the things I look whenever I wanted to invest in an ICO.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:19:01 AM

If escrow have a good positive feedback, I think it will not be a scam. In some cases, sometimes, escrow can also defualt and then it might be turned into scam. Is the escrow team consisted of one man, or more than one with multisig? That would ensure quite positivity.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:06:57 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2019, 09:05:07 AM by Tamilson

If you can't find their team or developer, I think you shouldn't join that project because it's not clear. Now there are many projects that are scams, you should be careful before investing

This is just simple, don't entrust your money to people that are anonymous. Even they say Nakamoto is anonymous and so they are, bitcoin had already prove itself, while their coin/token is still starting. Don't compare their project to bitcoin.

On the other hand, is the middle man is also a member here? You know don't be easily fooled by positive trust since everyone can put a trust to an account so they just look believable.
Finally, you can ask for an escrow address with a signed message.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:17:23 AM

Escrow duties are performed by individuals or bodies with  high recommendations of trust by both parties. In our otc trade group where we trade btc and altcoins, only individuals with good character and have passed rigorous kyc tests with the group performs escrow jobs

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: