Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Self developing network - automatic updates - no hard forks?  (Read 143 times)
Convery (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:19:29 PM

Hi, I recently read about this cool feature:
Self developing network - the protocol will be constantly updated without any hard forks needed.

Republia is probably the first one cryptocurrency ever with this feature.

And I am asking why there are not more cryptocurrencies that support it?
Because if you want to make an estabilished coin better  (Bitcoin or Ethereum for example) you have to hard fork it or create second layer solution and still you will have a real problem to competite with new created coins that offer faster and cheaper transactions. I am afraid that many of top coins now will be replaced by new and better technology coins.
This feature will help Republia to fight with competitors.

Or do you think that is not good? That could make this coin more risky against attacks?

Tell me.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 01:30:24 PM

Self developing network - the protocol will be constantly updated without any hard forks needed.

Because if you want to make an estabilished coin better  (Bitcoin or Ethereum for example) you have to hard fork it or create second layer solution and still you will have a real problem to competite with new created coins that offer faster and cheaper transactions. I am afraid that many of top coins now will be replaced by new and better technology coins.

Or do you think that is not good? That could make this coin more risky against attacks?

Tell me.

I don't know anything about that project, but the idea of a self-developing network makes me a bit concerned.
The good thing about hard forks is that they establish a consensus. everyone knows what the rules are beforehand, and everyone chooses whether or not to sign up to the new (forked) rules, or to continue on the old chain with the old rules. The idea of a self-developing network sounds a bit chaotic, as if you can never be sure what the rules are, and never be safe against someone changing them arbitrarily.
As I say though, I'm not bad-mouthing that project, it's just an initial thought on the concept in general.

Convery (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 12:42:20 PM

Tell me.

I don't know anything about that project, but the idea of a self-developing network makes me a bit concerned.
The good thing about hard forks is that they establish a consensus. everyone knows what the rules are beforehand, and everyone chooses whether or not to sign up to the new (forked) rules, or to continue on the old chain with the old rules. The idea of a self-developing network sounds a bit chaotic, as if you can never be sure what the rules are, and never be safe against someone changing them arbitrarily.
As I say though, I'm not bad-mouthing that project, it's just an initial thought on the concept in general.
Very interesting point of view! Yeah and maybe the decentralization will be reduced by implementing this solution.
But do you have another diffrent solution how to competite with others in real time?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
W2014

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:32:45 PM

I have heard a lot about Republia. There are many people who love the project, but also many people who are afraid about the future. There should be well-known advisor that will solve this issue.

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:39:36 PM

With bad past experience with MinexCoin, I would be more cautious with confidence in Republia.
For me the two coins looks very similiar. Both coins are trying to create exhaustive ecosystem: bank, exchange and so on.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:41:05 PM

Tell me.

I totally agree with what you say. You're right, but using Bitcoin or any other coin's name makes it easy and profitable to make money on the new network in an easy way.

Today, there are over 200 Bitcoin's fork. I couldn't believe when I first time saw.  

For example, Bitcoin Cashed splitted from Bitcoin and create a new coin and we know it as BCH. I always ask same question to myself. Why they didn't work for Bitcoin's problem and develop it properly? The only answer that I came to my mind is the easiest way of making money.
Convery (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 05:46:14 PM

Tell me.

I totally agree with what you say. You're right, but using Bitcoin or any other coin's name makes it easy and profitable to make money on the new network in an easy way.

Today, there are over 200 Bitcoin's fork. I couldn't believe when I first time saw.  

For example, Bitcoin Cashed splitted from Bitcoin and create a new coin and we know it as BCH. I always ask same question to myself. Why they didn't work for Bitcoin's problem and develop it properly? The only answer that I came to my mind is the easiest way of making money.
Thank you for your opinion. I didn't think about that in this way that thanks to these hard forks many people are earning. It is pretty confusing for newcomers that are asking what is the best Bitcoin?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:29:09 PM

The question is who will decide about updates. If the team only, it would be a centralized disaster.
But I like this idea, it could really make a revolution in cryptocurrencies.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 04:25:33 PM

Republia is not bad but what matters is how good and smart the teams are ,really it would have been better if hardfork is supported but it depends on the teams and one thing is clear ,republia is a new project and new projects are tend to perform better ,it might be for greater good

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:12:50 PM

Republia is not bad but what matters is how good and smart the teams are ,really it would have been better if hardfork is supported but it depends on the teams and one thing is clear ,republia is a new project and new projects are tend to perform better ,it might be for greater good
New projects have better progress? Only on paper I think, but the reality is that they can not compete with big cryptocurrencies that have more developers and more money for development Wink.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:20:46 PM

Tell me.

republia? I saw an alleged scam on the project. if seen from what they offer it seems very unlikely there is a technology that can renew automatic without human assistance. so I guess that's just a gimmick. You know we should avoid projects like this. too risky to speculate about a project that has a suspected scam.

FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:38:19 PM

Tell me.

republia? I saw an alleged scam on the project. if seen from what they offer it seems very unlikely there is a technology that can renew automatic without human assistance. so I guess that's just a gimmick. You know we should avoid projects like this. too risky to speculate about a project that has a suspected scam.
You can find here many people that completely love Republia and there are people who hate them. Always do your own research, there is a scam accusation about another project created by some team members. Their idea is cool, but it would be very hard to accomplish it.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
nebulas.io

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:38:23 PM

We, Nebulas.io are developing a self-evolving network that will be upgradable without the need for a hard fork. This is one of our primary tech goals!

From our white paper:
Nebulas Force (NF) (§3), which supports upgrading the core protocols & smart contracts directly on
the main chains. This will provide Nebulas the capability to self-evolve and incorporate the newest
technologies into the main chain, once they are ready for real world usage. With Nebulas Force,
developers can build rich applications in fast iterations, and these applications can dynamically
adapt to market changes or community feedback.

Upgrades to the protocol/software will be included on-chain so all nodes will be at the same version at all times. In addition, we hope to incorporate a voting mechanism where people can choose what upgrades should be included.

If you are interested in learning more, I suggest reviewing our white paper at: https://nebulas.io/docs/NebulasTechnicalWhitepaper.pdf and if you have any questions, please ask.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: