Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost your money with MTGox? I have an idea to turn their failure in our success!  (Read 3049 times)
johnwhitestar (OP)

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

As I stated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=510623.0, I'm not able to contact MTGox call centre, but I have an idea that I'd like to discuss with those who has the same problem as me with MTGox.
The idea is the following:
MTgox doesn't have money to pay us back, but they have a brand,  know-how and the trained staff.
And as it's not Mark Karpless who owns the company right now and because they are searching the solution to make MTGox work again, I think we can ask them the shares in the new MTGox for the difference they are not able to pay us back.
Does it make sense?
If so, how can we communicate this idea to the people who are working on procedure of civil rehabilitation, right now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PoCoMo

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:43:37 PM

Karples the bastard was ranting bout how he had buyers lined up for the co. Any sale will happen as a whole btu if Karples don't know how much money / coin is missing, no one will buy.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

This has already been proposed numerous times; type in the search box above: "mtgox shares".

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:40:56 PM

I'm sorry but I can find no similar discussion if I do the research you are suggesting.

This has already been proposed numerous times; type in the search box above: "mtgox shares".

phlogistonq

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:46:57 PM

MTgox doesn't have money to pay us back, but they have a brand,  know-how and the trained staff.

The brand is associated with the worst performance in bitcoin history. It is tainted.
The lack of know-how and properly trained staff is exactly what got us into this mess.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:55:00 PM

lol... such a noob....

MtGox has a know-how and trained staff? OP please become a comedian...
johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:21:05 AM

Troll?
lol... such a noob....

MtGox has a know-how and trained staff? OP please become a comedian...

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 06:59:21 AM

MTgox ... have a brand,  know-how and the trained staff.

Cheesy Any more funny jokes?

joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:09:31 AM

there are a few topics like this.
This would be one
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489949.0
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:11:45 AM

The only one incompetent was Mark. If Mark would go away there is reasonable expectation a new team of experts elected by all the people owning shares, would be probably better than the ones from other exchanges like campbx and others.
johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:16:03 PM

+1
Infact the shareholders could vote in a new administrator they trust and would have a complete control of how he operates.

The only one incompetent was Mark. If Mark would go away there is reasonable expectation a new team of experts elected by all the people owning shares, would be probably better than the ones from other exchanges like campbx and others.

johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:27:08 PM

My idea is not to ask anything to Karpless, which is out of the game right know. Who is deciding for MTGox in this moment is a commission of experts, that have to decide whether they can save MTgox.
As the people like me who lost money with MTGox, would be interested to have shares on the new MTGox instead of loosing everything, I'm trying to get in touch with the people who might be interested in this idea.
If there is no way to get in touch through the call centre, we can hire a lawyer in Japan in order to make the rehabilitating commission to have the possibility to understand this idea.

there are a few topics like this.
This would be one
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489949.0

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:51:48 AM

MtGox has a know-how and trained staff?

Yea, trained to lie to protect Mark's fat ass, thats about it,

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:27:15 AM

Yeah I don't know if the brand has enough psoutive reputation left to be worth saving. 
Would I trust a new BTC exchange more or less than a relaunched Mt.Gox? I don't know, but I wouldn't spend hundreds of millions of finding out either!
Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:58:25 AM

I think you meant to post this in the "most stupid comment about bitcoin" thread.

As the people like me who lost money with MTGox
And we've reached the center of the shrubbery maze as to why you are desperately clinging to the idea that this is possible, much less if it is what is best for the bitcoin community on a whole.

Listen. Sorry you lost money there. But here is the thing, they have had a very long string of very serious problems mounting for nearly a year now (actually, longer). If everyone would have just took off their blinders of "artificially high exchange rate" and bothered to look at the public information, everyone would have known to run away long before this happened. Just the fact that USD withdrawals haven't worked since June of last year should have been a good tip off.

People have been speaking poorly of MtGox for a long time. People have been giving warnings about MtGox for a long time. No one cared and no one wanted to listen. Just because some look at this as magical internet money doesn't absolve anyone of taking it seriously. Research is the reason I stopped using MtGox long ago. Research is the reason I never used CampBX ever. Research is why I haven't lost diddly squat to shady exchanges. I'm not smarter than everyone else. I don't have access to special information no one else did. I just followed the old adage "if it looks to good to be true" and took the time to do what everyone else should have done. If people can't be bothered to research where they are investing their btc and fiat, or choose to turn a blind eye to all the warning signs, then they have chosen to assume the risk involved and aren't so much in a position to complain when the bottom falls out on them.

MtGox is a stain on Bitcoin. Has been for years. Between manipulating the market, artificial exchange rates skewing the true value, thefts in the past, laundering drug money, in trouble with the US government, sued by other bitcoin companies for breach of contract, fiat withdrawals not working, lying to everyone about everything for years..... The Bitcoin community will NOT benefit from a new MtGox rising from the ashes.

you and anyone else is a fool think that a new Gox is going toh ave any credibility.
It's called denial. Everyone who had anything there is in it. It's just like Pirate 40. Even as he was long gone with everyone's BTC, people still refused to accept it for a while. These people are going to annoyingly grasp at every straw they can. All the more reason Japan needs to liquidate them and throw Mark's ass in jail sooner than later. Last thing I want is to spend the next 6-12 months reading BS from everyone who ignored the warnings and lost their money. They didn't want to listen to us before when we tried to warn them; so we don't want to listen to them cry about loosing everything now.
johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:49:16 PM

I'm not here to discussing what the Bitcoin community would benefit or not (sorry if I'm too much direct).
I care about my money (I'm not desperate of it, but I'd like to recover some of them). The MTgox case is different to Pirate40, so probably there is the possibility to solve it positively, at least in part.
I'm here to discuss it, if you don't like the idea or not directly involved in the question, why are you bothering yourself to comment?
There is a plenty of topics where you can explain how great you were to withdraw your money from MTgox a lot of time ago, or where you can criticize Mark Karpless, the brand, the staff and whatever.
But here I'd like to discuss whether my idea is possible to make true or not, and if so, how to act.
Thank you for comprehension :-)

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:35:19 AM

But here I'd like to discuss whether my idea is possible to make true or not, and if so, how to act.

Here is something that may be worth doing:
http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/
http://blog.mtgoxrecovery.com/
According to the above, Olivier Janssens has retained a japanese lawyer to represent interests of people with funds that were stolen by gox.
So far 2663 people representing 214676.49 bitcoins have signed on for email updates.

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
johnwhitestar (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:18:32 PM

Thank you very much! Very useful.
I'll contact them :-)

Here is something that may be worth doing:
http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/
http://blog.mtgoxrecovery.com/
According to the above, Olivier Janssens has retained a japanese lawyer to represent interests of people with funds that were stolen by gox.
So far 2663 people representing 214676.49 bitcoins have signed on for email updates.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:21:14 PM

I beg to differ.

The support team appeared to consist of brainless zoombies serving lie after lie and handling customer requests worse than a trained monkey pushing random buttons.

Their socalled head of PR, Gonzague Gay-Bouchery, said to the media in February this year that MtGox was completely solvent.

The whole company does not have a spine, and is a bunch of incompetent clowns. Nothing can change that. Reports of security errors were ignored, and everything was rotten to the core basically.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:22:08 PM

Thank you for comprehension :-)

There's no hope. Accept your losses and move on with life.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: