Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warren Buffet has some very wise words. Crypto applicable.  (Read 524 times)
OnePercent

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 08:43:49 PM

You kind of missed the point I am trying to make but I will respond to what you said.

Money that you invest in a business (other than trading stocks at an exchange) goes to that business and allows it to develop and deliver a working product (I'm not talking about vaporware here).

This only applies if you buy stocks in IPO stage, after that it is just ownership exchanging hands, it doesn't really go into the business per se.

Then you profit by receiving dividends. This is exactly what Warren Buffett had been doing for years. In fact, even entire Berkshire Hathaway was bought by him in 1960's if I'm not mistaken

Warren does not profit by receiving dividends. He profits from real business growth, the owners' earnings business make every year. He doesn't take those earnings out as dividends because they will get taxed which will reduce the average annual compound rate. That is why you don't hear Berkshire paying dividends.

In this way, Buffett is a lot better than most cryptocurrency "investors" as they are not investors in the strict sense of the word but rather profiteers (i.e. speculators). It looks like people are inadvertently confusing Warren Buffett the investor with George Soros the speculator
I made this comparison simply to show the guy that be it an investor or speculator, both can profit from merely owning the asset in question. It doesn't make you a better person profiting from cryptocurrency versus someone who is profiting from the stock market.  Based on his posts it seems that he is not happy with how the world is now and he thinks that there should be more equality regarding wealth distribution.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 09:04:44 PM

Then you profit by receiving dividends. This is exactly what Warren Buffett had been doing for years. In fact, even entire Berkshire Hathaway was bought by him in 1960's if I'm not mistaken

Warren does not profit by receiving dividends. He profits from real business growth, the owners' earnings business make every year. He doesn't take those earnings out as dividends because they will get taxed which will reduce the average annual compound rate. That is why you don't hear Berkshire paying dividends

Thanks for making this clear

So Warren Buffett is a type of investor that we should all be proud of (even if he doesn't like cryptocurrencies much) as he doesn't speculate but invests wisely in businesses. And since he is definitely good and successful at it, he invests only in projects which actually contribute to increasing the common good (i.e. economic well-being of the society) by producing real value. Why could anyone then come to blame him if he gives money to businesses which make us better off overall? Are people really so short-sighted or obsessed with hate so much, I don't get it?

hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 09:34:50 PM

This old wolf knows very well what he says and explains the issue in a clear manner as to why some things in the markets became classic. Instead of making instant purchases, choosing the right investment tools and waiting patiently has always make an investor a winner. This also can be applied to the crypto currency market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: