Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the large variety of Altcoins hurting the market?  (Read 16947 times)
Bloodseekers

Activity: 776
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:37:30 AM

You could make the argument that if all of the capital in crypto only had to be spread across 50 coins that that would make each of those coins extremely more valuable.  In light of that thought, is the huge variety of Altcoins ultimately a good or bad thing for crypto? 
I think huge variety of altcoin is good for crypto because people can choose many kind of coin the want to invest. And i think crypto is spread throughout the world with billion population, so thousands of coins it doesn't have a negative effect, because the human population is very large
Meizu

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:38:05 AM

You could make the argument that if all of the capital in crypto only had to be spread across 50 coins that that would make each of those coins extremely more valuable.  In light of that thought, is the huge variety of Altcoins ultimately a good or bad thing for crypto? 

Crypto market is open for all, it may be a good or bad side of the crypto market. Too many coins won't be a negative thing for the market as they may bring good competition in the market. The only thing not good for the market is useless coins that are launched with only intention of stealing investors money.

I am agree. Too many coin can give us many option that we can choose. But with many coin in market, there must be a death coin because loss on competition with others. More coin means more analysis but i think more opportunity to make profits
Perhaps when there is a choice, respectively, it becomes much more interesting, and to some extent more promising, but you will agree when the market is more than half of the coins are just unnecessary slag, then by and large, this slag prevents progress on this promising projects, and also prevents us from choosing a good and high-quality project. Therefore, the choice of course should be, but not so much I think it needs to be big.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:47:56 AM

Yes, a large variety of altcoins flooded market and we can't fight against it. We can accept all of these altcoins and just wait. What would you suggest more?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:00:16 AM

Human activities are innumerable, and if we talk about universal cryptography, I think that a large number of coins and projects not only does not harm, but, on the contrary, strengthens cryptography in general.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:17:20 AM

Give time for natural selection, he will do everything for us, the weak coins will die, strong will remain, do not invest in shitcoins.

If all the coins in existence or created are still alive and with project attach to it and the all the coins that have been created has value and volume then it's good, but unfortunately with thousands of coins that have been created only coins that are on the top 100 has value.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 11:31:18 AM

Of course it's bad. Because there are so many shit and unnecessary coins, even their presence is damaging to the market. I wish the market had a maximum of 100, and that would work.

nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:50:42 AM

if it does not harm the market, bro. precisely with the presence of altcoin competition in the crypto market is getting tougher. precisely what must be done by the manager or the person who owns the Altcoin company. must be able to provide and convince investors must be able to provide and convince investors that what they manage is one of the best coins for the future.
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:55:39 AM

Of course it's bad. Because there are so many shit and unnecessary coins, even their presence is damaging to the market. I wish the market had a maximum of 100, and that would work.

from 2000 more coins in cryptocurrency market, less than 5% coins that usability in our life.and 95% left was shitcoins that has no function at all.most of them just want to take investors money.
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:56:36 AM

I do not think so that is big problem for the market. Crypto market will cleanse from unnecessary coins which can not survive through this bear market. Most of projects did not do anything useful with large sums of money, and they did not deserve to be part of the next bull run.

BTC
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:39:12 PM

From the one hand it's good. More projects, more people involved and informed about the crypto market, more potential investors.
From the other hand - bad. More scams, more weak crappy projects, less investors trust crypto projects...

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:56:24 PM

From the one hand it's good. More projects, more people involved and informed about the crypto market, more potential investors.
From the other hand - bad. More scams, more weak crappy projects, less investors trust crypto projects...
as you think. indeed more gifts are better. but we now have to change our thinking patterns too. because every increase is of course there are also negative and positive things. get better before choosing a project we need to find out about project information clearly.
dragonomoy
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:26:05 PM

it's not a bad thing for me, it will make true coins more valuable and that will be more demand on all coins. it would be better if we do that, we have to start buying coins that are really good and leave shitcoin.

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:01:40 PM

IMO opinion large variety of altcoins if they have real use cases & huge user base. The problem with a lot of coins are they dont have user base which makes their project succesful & ultimately builds their ecosystem. But despite having technology & constantly updating their codes & apps they fail on marketing side. Take example of DigiPulse project the concept of the project was great but they gave up in December 2018 because they do not have user base. 

arsenti

Activity: 90
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:06:46 PM

Even 100 are too many but it would certainly be more healthy...as it seems this bear market is going on for a good while there is at least the chance that a large quantity oft useless coins will disappear by the end of the year.
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:09:04 PM

Give time for natural selection, he will do everything for us, the weak coins will die, strong will remain, do not invest in shitcoins.

If all the coins in existence or created are still alive and with project attach to it and the all the coins that have been created has value and volume then it's good, but unfortunately with thousands of coins that have been created only coins that are on the top 100 has value.
Even now, with this market. I only believe that there are only about 30-50 altcoin to have real value and there are real products that can be applied in the future.

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
Elmer Grant

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:12:23 PM

Well, some kind yes. But mostly the reason they don't have a product. For example let's take DexAge. Decentralized exchange. Mostly of products don't even have MVP. They have. They already got a product to develope. Mostly just raise fund for an idea, and after that  run away.
[btc]YSG

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:22:10 PM

Yes of course, the variety of altcoins is affecting the market negatively, Any investment in altcoin is bad for Bitcoin, Imgaine if the whole market capitalization is based on just one cryptocurrency, Bitcoin. That will mean a huge level of adoption and increase in price.

◀ ▲ ▶  WE are GAMERS and we know what Gamers WANT  ◀ ▲ ▶
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰    ❘ ❙ ❚   eSports.com   ❚ ❙ ❘    ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ (http://esports.com/)
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:23:55 PM

Large variety of altcoins is not hurting the market infact we need more coins with different ideas and in the end the good ones that we really really need will gain the top attention and this coins will be the ones to survive ,presently we stiil need some new projects so as to move forward and advance more in the technology

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trade2winnn

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:02:45 PM

Yes, no doubt, as a lot of scams formed, and imagine when 2000 altcoins, and beginners come to the market,and do not understand what to do, and what altcoins to buy?and accordingly take is all nonsense, but as the practice of most altcoins will die out, and will leave the market, and will remain only reliable projects
raptorez

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:06:02 PM

It seems to me that this, on the contrary, only improves and strengthens the market because people have the opportunity to choose a good project. I am sure that you understand what I am talking about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: