Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quadriga CEO death, Is it new scam in crypto  (Read 536 times)
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 01:49:30 AM

This is one of the big disadvantage of not decentralized industry . Imagine if there is an KYC all the people here in crypto even investor or people behind crypto activity we will not have experiene like that.

kyc dont have the power to totally stop the frauds and scams i the crypto world  . infact  , there are now lots of kyc services these days that can be found online in which someone can do a fake kyc for you  .  imagine if all of us will be using these fake kyc services  ,  i think all illegal acts and criminal acts online will still be continued  .
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 02:38:49 AM

It is obviously that is has been a scam since the beginning....
Faking death is one of the indian strategic options to money laundering.
Unfortunatelly clients will not be able to restore their funds again unless some court order appears.

Nothing to see here
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 04:50:49 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2019, 05:05:14 AM by ene1980

You don't know  Huh

Pretty sure when you have like 100mill... Those problems tend to disappear quite fast. Like permits, certificates, new identity.. yeah, doubt thats much of an issue.
That is the issue, with a hundred million dollars at stake you really cannot hide just like that and you cannot create a story that you are dead and you cannot slip through for a long time, he could have disappeared easily if this was not a high profile case and the FBI and all the authorities are behind the mystery on how to retrieve the user funds and the tools they have to monitor is off the charts.

Unfortunatelly clients will not be able to restore their funds again unless some court order appears.
They could have planned to scam the users but what do you really mean by Indian strategy of faking death to launder money  Roll Eyes. This is not a novel where you are able to do that and with a high profile case like this even if he faked his death, it wont last long.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 05:05:08 AM

As far as I know the court is really trying hard to liquidate the assets of the wife so that they can pay its account holders. But I don't know if. this is enough though. Just hard to imagine that the CEO will leave nothing because he and the wife live lavishly on other peoples money.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 11:21:47 AM

You guys are missing few key points here.
1.Canadian citizen was in visit to India.
2.Dead body was never been back to Canada.
3.Instead they acquired death certificate from one of the state in India.
4. It is not impossible in India to get your death certificate even when you are alive.
5. He did not planned any "backup continuity plan" for the company but he planned everything for his family just couple of months before his alleged death.
He might have faked his death and took a fake death certificate from India, but how about staying in India as he is not a citizen and he needs to get a permit to stay in India and since this has become a big enough case and attained some publicity, i am not sure how he will be able to hide that fact and stay in another country.
Yes there are some activities before his death that will raise suspicion and the company has forwarded coins in the cold wallet even after his death which creates another puzzle.

You don't know  Huh

Pretty sure when you have like 100mill... Those problems tend to disappear quite fast. Like permits, certificates, new identity.. yeah, doubt thats much of an issue.

+1, If you can get the fake death certificate then you will get the "legal" citizenship documents. There are millions of poor people from Bangladesh (neighboring country) that have valid citizenship of India. Quite possible , death is faked in India and citizenship is obtained from any of these country or obtained in India with some new name.

ok, this started to smell fishy, there is no real proof of his death even than death certificate was not shown. sorry, but I know saying anything about someone's death is the worst thing but there is a huge sum of money involved and the problem is not about some private key lockage. it's recoverable so why not they are refunding the funds are giving any note to the users.

Because only CEO knows the private keys and now the CEO is dead, so all you have is lost bitcoins.

I am alive
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: