Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet and Stellar?  (Read 512 times)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:13:35 AM

I saw some people have issues with free wallet, but I used freewallet when I am new to crypto, I can say that it is very user friendly, everything is good I made some transaction using freewallet, nothing is bad, except the fee is extremely high. But after I know more about crypto, I surf this forum for a while, I believe it is better to use a wallet that we actually manage. I mean it will be better if we have our private key, and can back up our wallet.

You definitely need to read more about wallets to know the risks you're taking when using custodial wallets:

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:31:12 AM

I never used this wallet because you are not the one who hold the private keys only. I think this Freewallet.org need more year(s) to build trust because I also noticed that there is a bunch of complaint regarding their service. People choosing secured wallet because that is not a joke if you stored your fund out there. As I noticed, why there's generate address? so if you accidentally click that your previous wallet is gone?
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:04:02 AM

I never used this wallet because you are not the one who hold the private keys only. I think this Freewallet.org need more year(s) to build trust because I also noticed that there is a bunch of complaint regarding their service. People choosing secured wallet because that is not a joke if you stored your fund out there. As I noticed, why there's generate address? so if you accidentally click that your previous wallet is gone?

Capt00, we absolutely agree that it takes years to build a credible service. This is exactly our goal.
There are indeed a lot of complaints that we do receive as an active service. At the same time, there are plenty of reviews from happy customers.
The situation with the "gone" wallet is impossible: we'll do everything to restore your access. We are proud to day that we never had such cases.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:49:50 PM

If you use the forum's search functionality, you end up on a page like this one:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=016660200577587308545%3Aesf40ml9aag&ie=UTF-8&q=freewallet&sa=Google+search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=freewallet&gsc.page=1

From the first 10 hits for "freewallet", there are 8 that label freewallet as a scam... Now, i haven't opened any of those threads, but the ratio of threads screaming that it's a scam vs "normal" threads would lead me to believe it might not be the wisest decission to use freewallet... Once again: i'm not a freewallet user, i haven't investigated freewallet, but based on the firsts 10 hits on the internal searchengine, i would urge you to use some your common sense

Hidden registrar info - https://who.is/whois/freewallet.org

No info at all about who they are - https://freewallet.org/about

Contact info leads to this - https://freewallet.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

They control your private keys, not you. You have to depend on them to give you the coins back.

Scam or not, it's one of the very last wallets out there that controls your private keys. Why anyone would use such a wallet is an absolute mystery.

It's not even listed on Stellar's site and rightly so - https://www.stellar.org/lumens/wallets/

Thanks for pointing this out, I might want to try it but after seeing this post I will stay away from it for now. It's always better to use much better wallet that has a good reputation and you have a control to your private keys.

Is it profitable to use Freewallet for Stellar now??
How does using a wallet become profitable.
Besides, I don't know if people still use that wallet from what other's experienced (post above) on having them on their devices. I'll just stay away and use the trusted one for good.

I think he's referring about fees some wallets charge a huge amount of fees and some has dynamic fees which is good it changes every time it depends on the market value.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:07:36 AM

I think he's referring about fees some wallets charge a huge amount of fees and some has dynamic fees which is good it changes every time it depends on the market value.

A proper wallet can't make any money out of that. The fee will go straight to the miner. It's just bad design if the fee is excessive. Exchanges can make money out of withdrawal fees as could this wallet if it chose to. I haven't seen anyone moaning about its fees.

I don't get how most wallets monetise. Some will shill shitcoins in wallet. Others have referral links for stuff like hardware wallets. Others like Mycelium just make up a token, take your money and then do nothing.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 06:49:44 AM

Thanks for pointing this out, I might want to try it but after seeing this post I will stay away from it for now. It's always better to use much better wallet that has a good reputation and you have a control to your private keys.

LbtalkL, we are also working on a solution (with one of our apps) that would allow one to have control over private keys.
In the meantime, we are doing our best to offer high-quality service and address each issue being reported.

Best regards,
Freewallet

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:51:43 AM

I can't even log in anymore and the one experience I've had with Freewallet was pretty terrible.

I used your service once to get a payout from Minergate, only to find out that I couldn't withdraw my Monero because your added fees were too high.

Hi!

Just wanted to follow up if the issue has been resolved.

Let us know if you have any questions and we would appreciate your update.

Thanks!

sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 10:35:00 PM

Hi gentlemand,

We believe 3 mln of users find certain advantages in our service, such as multiple security features, easy in-built exchange, plenty of coins to operate with etc. The main benefit is, however, fast and efficient support service.

" The main benefit is, however, fast and efficient support service."  Really? Should this be the case?
Why should I be using a service which is proud because of its fast and efficient support service? This means many users are having problems with your service and you people are helping them very well. But my question is why do you not work towards reducing or totally eliminating the problems but you are rather  solving the problems on time?

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 07:15:35 AM

Hi gentlemand,

We believe 3 mln of users find certain advantages in our service, such as multiple security features, easy in-built exchange, plenty of coins to operate with etc. The main benefit is, however, fast and efficient support service.

" The main benefit is, however, fast and efficient support service."  Really? Should this be the case?
Why should I be using a service which is proud because of its fast and efficient support service? This means many users are having problems with your service and you people are helping them very well. But my question is why do you not work towards reducing or totally eliminating the problems but you are rather  solving the problems on time?

Hi sammyp,

We are getting your point. Indeed, the mentioned advantage (fast support) does not mean that we neglect technical enhancement.  Cool

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 10:56:36 AM

After thirty or so posts I still can't detect any possible advantage to total dependence on the integrity of internet strangers for the existence of your money. 'Fast support' doesn't quite get me as erect as I was expecting.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 11:09:30 AM

After thirty or so posts I still can't detect any possible advantage to total dependence on the integrity of internet strangers for the existence of your money. 'Fast support' doesn't quite get me as erect as I was expecting.

Hi gentlemand,

We'd summarize it like that:

- A wide choice
- Advanced security
- Convenience

We offer the most popular coins with the in-built exchange function. Several hundred tokens - and more of them are coming.
Our users enjoy multiple security features (2FA on login and transaction, PIN code, email confirmation of transactions) and convenient interface.
(And our support is indeed fast.Smiley

jackblacksparrow

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 05:58:26 PM

No convenience and design I do not like.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 06:03:45 PM

Hi gentlemand,

We'd summarize it like that:

- A wide choice
- Advanced security
- Convenience

We offer the most popular coins with the in-built exchange function. Several hundred tokens - and more of them are coming.
Our users enjoy multiple security features (2FA on login and transaction, PIN code, email confirmation of transactions) and convenient interface.
(And our support is indeed fast.Smiley

Um, but you can get all of that elsewhere and more and never have to trust anyone.

I'm sure you're all lovely people. Your service still does not make one shred of sense to me in the slightest in this day and age, nor should it to anyone else.
Honnet43

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:02:58 PM

No convenience and design I do not like.

Freewallet got modern design with clear options, it's easy to use. There's a lot of currencies for transfers too.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 10:00:52 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 10:25:16 AM by Freewallet

Um, but you can get all of that elsewhere and more and never have to trust anyone.

I'm sure you're all lovely people. Your service still does not make one shred of sense to me in the slightest in this day and age, nor should it to anyone else.

Hi gentlemand,

Well, you are absolutely free to share this point of view. Along with that, our service makes sense for millions of users. Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: