Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: German Influncer Cathy Hummels is being sued for illegal marketing  (Read 207 times)
Pmalek (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 7137

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 12:41:09 PM
Merited by paxmao (2)

German Influncer Cathy Hummels has been sued for illegal marketing by 'Verband Sozialer Wettbewerb' (German Association for Social Competition).  
She is accused of advertising her shoes and clothes over her Instagram account. The Association claims that several of her posts displayed names of the brands she was wearing and contained links to the manufacturer’s websites.
An example is a sweater of the luxury brand Miu Miu that she posted on Instagram.  
The Association is suing her for illegal marketing because they say that those Instagram posts should have been marked as marketing posts which was not the case.

Cathy Hummels claims she did not receive any money or other services for advertising the products she is being sued for. On one of the posts she is seen with a blue elephant, a stuffed animal, that she uses to cover the face of her son. Cathy stated: "I got this elephant from my aunt and my cousin after the birth of my son".
The image and Instagram post can be seen here:
https://www.instagram.com/catherinyyy/p/Bm0Pu3fjYGX/

Are things going too far and have we reached an Internet era where a person needs to be careful and afraid of what he/she posts on social media out of fear that he/she will one day be brought to court and be punished?

Source: https://www.t-online.de/unterhaltung/stars/id_85232472/klage-wegen-kuscheltier-cathy-hummels-steht-vor-gericht.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:20:13 PM

This sucks at many levels.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 03:14:02 PM

German Influncer Cathy Hummels has been sued for illegal marketing by 'Verband Sozialer Wettbewerb' (German Association for Social Competition).  
She is accused of advertising her shoes and clothes over her Instagram account. The Association claims that several of her posts displayed names of the brands she was wearing and contained links to the manufacturer’s websites.
An example is a sweater of the luxury brand Miu Miu that she posted on Instagram.  
The Association is suing her for illegal marketing because they say that those Instagram posts should have been marked as marketing posts which was not the case.

Cathy Hummels claims she did not receive any money or other services for advertising the products she is being sued for. On one of the posts she is seen with a blue elephant, a stuffed animal, that she uses to cover the face of her son. Cathy stated: "I got this elephant from my aunt and my cousin after the birth of my son".
The image and Instagram post can be seen here:
https://www.instagram.com/catherinyyy/p/Bm0Pu3fjYGX/

Are things going too far and have we reached an Internet era where a person needs to be careful and afraid of what he/she posts on social media out of fear that he/she will one day be brought to court and be punished?

Source: https://www.t-online.de/unterhaltung/stars/id_85232472/klage-wegen-kuscheltier-cathy-hummels-steht-vor-gericht.html

werent we once thaught we live in a free and liberal society?
Arian247

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 06:32:18 AM

Those suing her are just looking for easy and cheap publicity, so it's now a crime for people to post stuff on their social media sites. One needs to be careful what we post online cause it can be used against you on the long run
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 07:07:29 AM

First of all, why are they suing her for those posts? If that’s the case, then we should all be sued for every post we do. It just so happens she is a known influencer, and for the rest of us, we’re just ordinary people. I agree that things are going too far unto this internet era. Freedom of speech and online restrictions are contradicting at times, include the saying “think before you click.” The internet is influential, but we shouldn’t let its power overwhelm all of us. Whatever happens to us is our doing so we best be careful by understanding the terms & conditions of everything, if all that has been done and read, why should we worry of going to court and be punished?
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 12:38:21 PM

The German legislation regrading online advertising is weird and hard to understand.
In other countries, you are perfectly fine to advertise stuff on the social media.I don't know in what way that German association for social competition has been damaged by Cathy Hummels.Proabaly by not paying some fees or not getting permission from the manifacturers?IDK...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: