Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Sent Offline!  (Read 563 times)
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:33:04 PM

Actually, this is not possible to sent Bitcoin transaction without internet connection.But I believe in it everything is possible in the world.
when we sent bitcoin form another wallet then they caught those accounts.However, the Internet connection must be held to complete two operations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:56:04 AM

I have always thought that internet is always needed to send bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. It's my first time learning that it could be done offline.

Check this article https://www.cryptovibes.com/crypto-news/bitcoin-transaction-shortwave-radio/

I read the article, the sent one is the private key, i dont know if it is safe for the user or not.
But at least, there are some peoples who trying to develop offline transaction in cryptocurrency.
If this thing manage to happened, then we will using bitcoin more easy.

Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:30:31 AM

I have always thought that internet is always needed to send bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. It's my first time learning that it could be done offline.

Check this article https://www.cryptovibes.com/crypto-news/bitcoin-transaction-shortwave-radio/
maybe sending offline can be done but it's not as fast as online, and obviously this has the risk of being hampered by shipping, I think this is very uncomfortable
I agree. It is uncomfortable to used bitcoin offline because as you can see even low fees make the transaction lose, what it can do if it is offline. Fast transaction happen when you use internet and it sure going to transfer safer than used offline. I salute those person who are developing this such offline thing it is become successful and work faster without being delay or lose of data.

kelz1
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:35:51 AM

Sending private keys is the same as sending bitcoin itself because people don't have any ownership to their wallets. They can be passed on easily to anyone else

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:50:22 AM

That isn't really sending Bitcoin because it isn't a transaction, he sent a private key. That's like sending him a wallet and letting him take as much money as he wants. It did work, but if you would like to send a certain amount of Bitcoin, you would have to make another wallet, send that amount there and then send the private key. It is technically possible, but it's unnecessary complicated, just use the internet, it's available everywhere.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:51:56 PM

Actually, I have heard for a long time that bitcoin can be sent online using radio frequencies where we only need devices that support radio frequency and we can make transactions without using the internet network, of course, this is very good in areas that have not been touched by the internet network.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:00:05 PM

its not 100% offline sending, it just make a request, after you online and connected to the internet, the request will executed. so it should need the internet to send a transaction, receive the transaction, or update the balance.

xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:40:40 PM

How come could use bitcoin for sending or receiving without use internet, I think impossible we can sent bitcoin to other wallet without have support from internet, we need fast internet access for sending and receiving bitcoin from one wallet to other wallet, so far bitcoin or altcoin platform do not have way how could sent bitcoin or altcoin without use internet or by using offline.
CandyIzDelicious

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:06:48 PM

as well as eth and eth platform tokens can now send offline
myetherwallet already supports offline sending which is very helpful if the internet goes out in my area
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:24:00 PM

I can tell this is not an offline transaction to be call.
But this is a good addition in sending BTC to someone or anyone.
Sending bitcoin or cryptocurrency will be still at online payment as we are depending on blockchain and we need the net to do that.
In time i hope we can reach thata goal and development/
gulubal

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

( https://www.sterlingsovereign.co.uk/)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:37:58 PM

I did it on a computer that didn't have the internet and did the transaction, absolutely no need for internet and this is an excellent technology. i read and like this article, SamuelPat Sam Patterson Are you this person?

Sterling Sovereign (STSO) (https://www.sterlingsovereign.co.uk/) used for business, hotel or flight booking
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:50:51 PM

If the intended delivery is private keys and not BTC
As well as the use of short radio waves
The inevitable result is to facilitate access to new sectors and this is an achievement.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:49:36 PM

It is a great achievement. Still a work in progress I guess.  Better than no possibility of sending offline.
What is the price of the hardware for the offline transaction? I think everyone shoud  be able to afford it.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:55:38 PM

as well as eth and eth platform tokens can now send offline
myetherwallet already supports offline sending which is very helpful if the internet goes out in my area

you are confusing offline transactions with cold storage (or offline signing). what these tokens and MEW,.. offer is the later. and it is a part of security measure to prevent your private keys from leaking if you are on an infected computer by moving everything secret to an always offline computer which has no connection to the rest of the world.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 03:48:24 PM

I guess in the near future we might send bitcoin in offline but right now we can't send bitcon in offline. All transactions in blockchain technologies needs to have internet so all tokens that you transfer will be send if you have internet connection.
If we can really send bitcoin through offline we can truly use it in different kind of transactions. I think if this happen even a small store will start to accept bitcoin because we do not need any internet connection to send our payment. Do you think in the future it will truly happen where we can send bitcoin through offline?
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 09:23:25 PM

sending bitcoin offline, this is great achievement for bitcoin. It goes to show bitcoin will indeed change the way transactions are made all across the globe, with this one can send money with or without internet at the comfort of his or her home

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:50:56 PM

if bitcoin can be sent offline, it will really boost its usage as it will make so many users become comfortable using it especially those in remote places who really dont have much access to internet. This will indeed boost the use of bitcoin for all kinds of transactions including market places.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:26:14 PM

if bitcoin can be sent offline, it will really boost its usage as it will make so many users become comfortable using it especially those in remote places who really dont have much access to internet. This will indeed boost the use of bitcoin for all kinds of transactions including market places.
It maybe we can experience it sooner but for now, it is something impossible as we all know that digital currencies are design for online transaction.
Making a way for huge development and we are still looking for the better of crypto use and with indefinite time we could see changes in the future if we all keep supporting these.   

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:45:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that there has been previous attempts at this as well, like sending BTC via SMS or some form of transponder that doesn't utilise 3G.

Personally I don't think that these will be significantly used in the future given the widespread use of the internet, even in remote regions now. But these non-internet based developments could certainly be useful as a backup for if somehow the electricity grid completely fails (unlikely to begin with), or potentially, sending BTC in space.

Not much different than handing over a paper wallet to someone, but it's still amazing that this was done over radio-waves.

Exactly. And that still requires a degree of trust given that both the sender and receiver can take out coins from the address at any time, and accuse the other of fraud. That's the thing that needs refining, as well as the security aspect of brainwallets.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: