Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:37:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: L3 access denied and not mining (to my pool)  (Read 128 times)
yvcea (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 11:16:33 PM

Hi,
I've been blocked out of accessing my rigs two times. I have enables remote access to my rigs via port forwarding on my router and also SSH ports. I changed (the second time) the password, so the login was root and password: Huh??. And I think somebody is taking control of my rigs and mining to other. The only solution I found to re-take control on my rigs is reset it to factory pressing the reset button, but I don't live in the country where those machines are located (that's the reason why I have enabled the remote port/forward and access to the rigs, just in case I need to restart it or etc).
Any suggestion?

What can be happening there that I lost the pool config and also the password for the machine?

Thank you!
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6425

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:02:22 AM

you can't really troubleshoot things that far with little info, for all i know your miners might hang and all they need is a physical off and on action, if you can get someone to do that, and you still can't access them , then you go to phase 2 of troubleshooting which is security.

I do have a few miners that i can't physically reach ( takes time to get there), and i don't go through all the mess of port forwarding and exposing anything out the lan, i bought a very cheap second-hand pc for less than 150$ and i use teamviewer to access my miners, i also have someone there who can reach the miners in a few mins if they need a reset or any on-site actions.

if you can't have it that way then you should consider smart MCB for both miners and router , i don't know about others, but to me , a physical restart/reboot is always important, never had a miner in a passive state for over a year, they always need something to be done onsite.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:13:01 AM

Hi,
I've been blocked out of accessing my rigs two times. I have enables remote access to my rigs via port forwarding on my router and also SSH ports.

Not to be too blunt here but opening your miners to the internet like that is the single dumbest thing you could ever do.

This is because the firmware on those devices, the versions of the programs it runs, etc are all well known and do not change with 'firmware updates'

So its really easy to find an exploit for anything it is running as they do not and cannot update.

You need to have a VPN of some sort protecting you if you want to access them on the internet.

This can be done with a raspberry pi very cheaply

Here is the software I would recommend for a beginner doing this: http://www.pivpn.io/
yvcea (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:53:15 AM

Thank you all for your answers,
I closed all port forwarding to my rigs and lets see if that thing doesn't happen again.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: