Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JPM Coin, the JP Morgan coin  (Read 573 times)
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:08:10 AM

Bitcoin enemies today will become its greatest friends in the future. JPM coin is not totally decentralized but will create awareness  of cryptocurrencies to the mainstream.
I think the decision of JPM now is having a great impact on the cryptocurrency market, maybe we can expect it by now after a months Bitcoin price will increase and have progress to recover from depth. We just hope that some countries too were enlightened regarding cryptocurrency mass adoption and also banks and big companies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:07:36 PM

Bitcoin enemies today will become its greatest friends in the future. JPM coin is not totally decentralized but will create awareness  of cryptocurrencies to the mainstream.
I think the decision of JPM now is having a great impact on the cryptocurrency market, maybe we can expect it by now after a months Bitcoin price will increase and have progress to recover from depth. We just hope that some countries too were enlightened regarding cryptocurrency mass adoption and also banks and big companies.

Banks are going to try to decrease the price and the value that bitcoin can bring to society. I don't think that they strategically develop their own coin in order to bring more people to cryptocurrencies. They have their own goal before and this goal doesn't include bitcoin/ethereum or other established cryptocurrencies in their plan.
sowiteam

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 12:57:58 PM

Banks are going to try to decrease the price and the value that bitcoin can bring to society. I don't think that they strategically develop their own coin in order to bring more people to cryptocurrencies. They have their own goal before and this goal doesn't include bitcoin/ethereum or other established cryptocurrencies in their plan.

Banks did that since the introduction of the Futures with BTC 14 months ago - and even started this process before ....
They have their own goal to keep their own communities of customers ..

At the end the power comes from what the PEOPLE (communities) give value to ....
BTC is (was) a bet for "freedom" (decentralization) ..
and trying to see the futur as positive as possible ...
Can all be decentralized and controlled by the comum sence (us the people - communities) ?  I wish yes ..... 
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:17:33 PM

I don't care about JP morgan coin, I like investing my money at bitcoin or altcoin without take risk with new coin without have potential and working with bitcoin or altcoin, maybe become lower price and difficult for listing at exchange market.

JP morgan coin will have a lot of hyip in the market and this will mean that it will be highly pump as soon as it comes on exchanges. I think we should all buy this coin to get quick profit. It can easily pump to 2x or 3x as JP morgan has a lot of say in the crypto world and many people will be willing to buy his coin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:53:54 PM

JP morgan coin will have a lot of hyip in the market and this will mean that it will be highly pump as soon as it comes on exchanges. I think we should all buy this coin to get quick profit. It can easily pump to 2x or 3x as JP morgan has a lot of say in the crypto world and many people will be willing to buy his coin.

I don't think you understand what JPM 'coin' actually is, and what segment of the market it's meant to serve. In easy terms, this 'coin' will never end up being listed on any of our current or future crypto exchanges.

I'm pretty certain that there are plenty of banks already with their own token serving their clients, but as always, people hype up that what they read about, and currently that's the JPM 'coin'. Jamie Dimon must be having a good time seeing how much attention it has been generating on social media. It's basically free marketing, lol.

It's not going to compete with any of our existing crypto currencies, but more so with the tokens other banks run. Clients will be looking for a bank with the best and cheapest service, and they'll switch if they have to.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:07:12 PM

So, this is an another centralized shit coin?

How funny to think that this JP Morgan do really opposes Bitcoin and now tending to make his own.He might gain some traction but wont really be that high compared to Ripple.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:21:49 PM

I think that JPM Coin will not be able to compete with Bitcoin, rather, this new coin will become a competitor for the same centralized coins as herself, for example, for TrueUSD, Havven, Tether and others. It seems that this coin will not be able to compete even Ripple. Therefore, I see no reason to worry, and the statements of Jamie Dimon are only PR.
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 07:35:23 PM

I think that JPM Coin will not be able to compete with Bitcoin, rather, this new coin will become a competitor for the same centralized coins as herself, for example, for TrueUSD, Havven, Tether and others. It seems that this coin will not be able to compete even Ripple. Therefore, I see no reason to worry, and the statements of Jamie Dimon are only PR.
Jamie Dimon is a greedy scammer. I bet he don't know anything about crypto and the JPM Coin ist just created for his own companies profits, similar to most of the other shitcoins.

⁓ chenille! ⁓
shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:21:27 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/jpmorgan-moving-its-in-house-crypto-to-real-world-trials-report

"Called JPM Coin, the token has been developed by engineers at the bank, according to a report from CNBC on Thursday, and is moving to real world trials in “a few months”

For the effort, JPM Coin will be used to settle a small portion of its transactions between clients of its wholesale payments business in real time, CNBC says. The bank moves over $6 trillion daily as part of that business, it adds.

Speaking to the news source, Umar Farooq, JPMorgan’s blockchain lead, posited three main use cases for the bank token, including replacing wire transfers for international payments by large corporate clients and cutting settlement times from days to just moments.

It could also be used to provide instant settlement for securities issuances, as well as to replace U.S. dollars at held internatinally by subsidiaries of major corporations using JPMorgan’s treasury services."

So another centralized kind of cryptocurrency? So they need something like another Ripple right now? Wouldn't the instant settlement be a big problem since its a cryptocurrency and its value will change over time?

We all know many kinds of people getting into the hype and regretting it afterward.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:29:29 PM

So, this is an another centralized shit coin?

How funny to think that this JP Morgan do really opposes Bitcoin and now tending to make his own.He might gain some traction but wont really be that high compared to Ripple.

He never really opposed Bitcoin. It was a move to manipulate the market and it worked. The market reacted to his words people retweeted them and the price went down so he did it again and again but there was no big reaction this time. He tested the waters and probably made money on it. He even said that his daughter was trading bitcoin so at least she made money on her father's FUD tweets.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:42:41 AM

Wow sounds good .when 2014 JP Morgan said Bitcoin is scam now he introduced won coin its really awesome move in crypto.

No it's not 2014, but it's 2017 when JP Morgan says bitcoin is a fraud then a massive decrease happen.

So they say this JPM coin is backed by USD, wondering how much it is? Is whitepaper already released?
JPM coin or token? I wish Morgan a good luck for his shitcoin, moreover will be a hype coin.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:06:06 AM

When the bankers realize how powerful blockchain technology is, they started to play around it. JP Morgan has claimed BItcoin was a fraud, and now he is maximizing the technologies used by Bitcoin. Decentralized Cryptocurrencies space is barely affected by those kinds of plan Since it is just another centralized cryptocurrency. Nevertheless, The good side is cryptocurrencies awareness could be raised by the bankers starting to look at Blockchain, I believe it will indirectly have an advantage to cryptocurrencies market.
maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:07:56 AM

Last year I know JP Morgan is dislike and hate about bitcoin or cryptocurrency, I don't know its will be happen or not if JP Morgan want to created their own coin, I am not sure about his opinion want to have own coin.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:30:11 AM

It's just what big corporations do to maximize their revenue just like how banks charge us just by withdrawing our money in the ATM for "convenience". For JPMorgan the JPM coin will be there biggest excuse on how their clients would forcefully need to buy this coins in order to transact with them in some certain areas, of course the coin itself has not benefits but they will cloud the thought saying it will be much more reliable and fast. Of course JPMorgan is also just doing this to show to us in the crypto community that they themselves can mock the whole industry with their worthless coin.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
dragonomoy
Copper Member

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:23:11 PM

I honestly don't really care about them, and many of us don't like JPM. they insulted bitcoin and cryptocurrency and had a big impact some time ago and now they make their own coins, that's a funny thing.

angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:52:13 PM

I don't care about JP morgan coin, I like investing my money at bitcoin or altcoin without take risk with new coin without have potential and working with bitcoin or altcoin, maybe become lower price and difficult for listing at exchange market.

I don't agree with you, its more likely to do the opposite and crash as soon as it gets listed anywhere.  We already have too many coins as it stands and I doubt many crypto investors will support a coin backed by a scam financial institution full of corruption.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:54:00 PM

They are not investing into "crypto CURRENCY" market, they are investing into blockchain market, don't mix the two. JPM Coin will not be something that is tradeable for any of us, it is kinda like ripple but on a bigger scale (or smaller depending on what you mean) which helps a huge company like JP Morgan to move their money around faster and quicker.

They are already moving money digitally, they are not like moving money with trucks and keep them in a big safe like in cartoons or in games, they just say place A has 100 and place B has 50 and when place A sends 25 they both have 75 with absolutely no actual money changing hands just moving place to place on computer screens that's all. They want to do this much better with blockchain technology but do not mistake they are sudden supportive of crypto currency as well.
sowiteam

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 09:34:48 AM

It's just what big corporations do to maximize their revenue just like how banks charge us just by withdrawing our money in the ATM for "convenience". For JPMorgan the JPM coin will be there biggest excuse on how their clients would forcefully need to buy this coins in order to transact with them in some certain areas, of course the coin itself has not benefits but they will cloud the thought saying it will be much more reliable and fast. Of course JPMorgan is also just doing this to show to us in the crypto community that they themselves can mock the whole industry with their worthless coin.

18 Billion were invested in ICO in 2018 - these are 18B less for the bank system .... Almost nothing, but .... JPM and other big institutions are anything than crazy.
If ICO's grabbed last year, their turn this year ....
I am pretty sure the push on crypto will be massive for 2019...
STO (Security Tokens offers) appearing here and everywhere;
As JPM coin ..... and other BS coins ... or stable coins ... lol

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:01:42 AM

18 Billion were invested in ICO in 2018 - these are 18B less for the bank system .... Almost nothing, but .... JPM and other big institutions are anything than crazy.

18 Billion dollars is a lot of money for something in the beginning, but lets take a look from another perspective, how much money can save one big corporation with using blockchain? How much they can save when they stop paying enormous transaction fees, when they go full digital and stop using paper. How much time will they save when everything becomes faster and more secured?
They are not crazy, but I hope people will make a right choice when they make decision where to invest, in centralized jpm or decentralized bitcoin, or some other coin or platform.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sowiteam

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 02:12:05 PM

18 Billion dollars is a lot of money for something in the beginning, but lets take a look from another perspective, how much money can save one big corporation with using blockchain? How much they can save when they stop paying enormous transaction fees, when they go full digital and stop using paper. How much time will they save when everything becomes faster and more secured?
They are not crazy, but I hope people will make a right choice when they make decision where to invest, in centralized jpm or decentralized bitcoin, or some other coin or platform.

I thank you for your post ... Was going to underline exactly these points you are mentionning ...
Lot of people will lose their job in banks/institutions and administrations (and more in projections : accountants in future etc) ... Thanks to blockchain ....
Lot of people won t really understand at first I think ... but people is up to learn so .. they will probably find their way .....

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: