Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:04:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JP morgan on GAME. 'JPM Coin'  (Read 416 times)
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:32:42 AM

The owner of Nobel economy price said that JPM Coin is a joke  Grin. Finally, he told something cool because he is big hater of cryptocurrencies.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:48:59 AM

The JPM coin is pointless, it's just an internal token for use on their own network. No idea why they need blockchain for this. It just seems like a bit of a publicity stunt. But if JPM feel that crypto is the next big thing, and they need to show that they're keeping up with trends, then that is a good sign for the future of genuine crypto.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:11:15 PM

The JPM coin is pointless, it's just an internal token for use on their own network. No idea why they need blockchain for this. It just seems like a bit of a publicity stunt. But if JPM feel that crypto is the next big thing, and they need to show that they're keeping up with trends, then that is a good sign for the future of genuine crypto.

JPM coins is as pointless as the xrp token.

Other pointless tokens coming. Every large corporation will have own no-cost, non-mineable token.

GMO Internet, a Japanese IT giant, has revealed that it plans to develop its stablecoin based on yen (JPY).
https://www.blockchain24.co/stablecoin-in-japan/ .

And the next no cost project
https://www.vakt.com/

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:55:51 PM

well, our market is in a pretty good stage. Large businesses are taking advantage when the crypto market has little capital to enter the market, this is a very smart strategy from them.
Large businesses will gradually join in like JPMORGAN Chase and our market will soon be rich again.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:02:25 PM

This news really stunned me. I cannot expect that our crypto market has such great appeal. When we are joined by large businesses, our capitalization will certainly be greatly strengthened and that is the premise and motivation for other businesses to enter the crypto market.
This is an extremely good news and it makes me extremely excited.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:22:40 PM

JPMorgan came in a while ago, mainly in 2017 when they were spreading a lot of FUD about bitcoin whilst buying as much as cheap bitcoins as they could get their hands on. off the market and on the market.

then they didn't stop there either they created their own shitcoin to make even more profit. and this is exactly that.
don't get excited for it, this won't lead to anything specially things like ETF!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Jamesib1
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

P2P to fiat exchange & wallet -- www.totalcoin.io

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 05:01:50 PM

I feel like the majority of other commentators before me fail to grasp that this coin will be ony for internal transfers. It won't promote the usage of cryptocoins, it won't help us in any means. It just uses the blockchain technology, so those big fiat whales could exchange even faster to make even more money. JPMcoin could have a negative effect on XRP, though but we can't know for sure right now.

[  Totalcoin - P2P crypto exchange  ]      ▬▬▬▬     ◾◾◾  ADVANCED MOBILE CRYPTO-WALLET  ◾◾◾
Facebook    ❱ Youtube          ▬▬▬▬             CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
  ❱ Telegram     ❱ Download app       ▬▬▬▬     ◾◾◾  JOIN NOW | BECOME A TRADER  ◾◾◾
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:20:24 PM

I feel like the majority of other commentators before me fail to grasp that this coin will be ony for internal transfers. It won't promote the usage of cryptocoins, it won't help us in any means. It just uses the blockchain technology, so those big fiat whales could exchange even faster to make even more money. JPMcoin could have a negative effect on XRP, though but we can't know for sure right now.

JPM token is just the beginning.
Other banks will follow and also corporations Apple, Facebook..... or the Japanese IT giant, https://www.blockchain24.co/stablecoin-in-japan/

Several countries (Russia, Saudia Arabia, Venezuela, UAE...) also said they will create the own mathematical (crypto) currency.

If you only can pay with Amazon tokens at Amazon so be it.

One thing is certain, NO COUNTY OR CORPORATION WILL HAVE A MINEABLE COIN all they will ever have is no-cost coins.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
laurencef34

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:46:50 PM

JP morgan is coming.
what is next? ETF?

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2019/02/13/jp-morgan-is-rolling-out-the-first-us-bank-backed-cryptocurrency-to-transform-payments--.html
https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/02/u-s-banking-giant-jpmorgan-chase-launches-its-own-cryptocurrency/

Video -
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/video/2019/02/14/jp-morgan-crypto-currency-bank-blockchain.html

screenshots :

https://i.imgur.com/Uy6lWx7.png

https://i.imgur.com/s9vB0ui.png

https://i.imgur.com/J4Zkmwo.png

https://i.imgur.com/WsuCYub.png
Let’s start with the obvious. Ripple now have another huge contender (as do SWIFT for that matter). One of the major benefits of JPM Coin and - any other bank created crypto which follows the precedent – is the ability to instantly settle payments. Currently, banks rely on legacy systems – such as Swift – to settle payments, something which is often referred to as outdated (hence legacy) and ultimately, slow and costly. Ripple saw this as a gap in the market, swooping in to offer their expertise in blockchain technology and even offer some instant liquidity solutions in the form of XRP and its integration within one of the firm’s remittance solutions, xRapid. However, with the incipient JPM Coin on the way, it seems as if Ripple will have to compete even harder if they’re to win over any further business from major banks. With the introduction of JPM Coin, there are many possible outcomes pertaining to the effect on crypto as payment. Here are just three:

1: JPM Coin becomes the standard for bank payment settlements.

2: JPM sets a precedent for other major banks to create their own cryptocurrencies.   

3: Ripple (and other competitors) undercut JPM and Banks defer to use these.

The third option is perhaps most likely, JPM doesn’t have unilateral control of the free market, albeit their dominance is prevalent, it is still likely that this will just create further competition. Interestingly the second option is also likely, especially in the long term. A recent report from the Bank of International Settlements (the bank of central banks) 70% of the worlds central banks are looking into the creation of central bank digital currencies (CBDC). Well, just my two cents on this. I'll continue now with my online roulette game. Cheers mate!!
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:44:39 AM

If people want true decentralized crypto coins, why will they buy bank issued coins. What will these bank coins be backed by? It is way smarter to buy real asset backed tokens such as the gold backed poken from Populous at a nice discount to market price.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:58:36 AM

It's a lot of courage to launch this project after criticizing Bitcoin! At least if he had the intention of making these criticisms that he did after he was launching his shitcoin! Who will buy it? It's true that this bank can make a huge volume, but will the SEC allow it? They hunt simple and common users, will the SEC do something? Huh, I don't think so! ETF? It's sad to know that they put all their hopes into it.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:00:37 AM

I don't know good or bad news, but I see this is good news, because before jp morgan sentiment towards crypto and now they will make their own crypto, and hopefully can raise the price of bitcoin and altcoin a little.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:15:13 AM

Thats was really funny, i tough JP Morgan hating the cryptocurrency and now try to turn make their own cryptocurrency. I think his currency just like XRP maybe Centralized currency.

It's more than XRP because this so called coin is for their own used only so I wouldn't even compare it to XRP or any other coins in the crypto sphere.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ripple-ceo-brad-garlinghouse-says-jpmorgan-coin-misses-the-point-of-crypto

“As predicted, banks are changing their tune on crypto. But this JPM project misses the point — introducing a closed network today is like launching AOL after Netscape’s IPO. 2 years later, and bank coins still aren’t the answer.”

I wouldn't put too much weight on this news, no need to hype it as if they change their tune in accepting crypto or something.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:24:51 AM

it is a good news for crypto market for sure. new adaptations to blockchain and cryptocurrencies. more people will hear about crypto currencies. but of course it is not a good thing for ripple project  Grin

turn the page
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:38:05 AM

ripple ceo brad garlinghouse says jpmorgan coin misses the point of crypto
XRP misses the point of crypto to start with, that junk is done. JPM want be the last bank to have its own xrp copy operating.

abahcoin

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 11:19:51 AM

lmao
Calling bitcoin a scam
and launching their coins

Bank lul, never trust banks  Grin
i mean they are dodgy af
They say bitcoin scam to lower the price of bitcoin and after the price of bitcoin goes down, they make a lot of investments in bitcoin. That is a sneaky tactic from big companies.

●                     T H O U   F i n a n c e     || |  |   |    High APY Yields                     ●
●            ████  ███  ██  █   THOU FARM   █  ██  ███  ████            ●

●            [ UNISWAP THOU - ETH ]  Whitepaper  ●  Telegram  ●  Discord            ●
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:35:18 PM

It was only a matter of time until a company like JPMorgan jumped on the crypto train and created their own coin. This news is not very surprising to me. But since it is only a centralized coin, I don't find it really interesting and will probably never use it anyway. The only thing good about this news is, it shows once again that crypto continues to spread and I like that.  Grin
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:38:15 PM

IMO the JPM thing is just a joke. It's not real crypto, it's just an internal coin that is trying to make use of a trendy buzzword. Why do they even need blockchain for something like this? It just sounds like they are trying for a bit of publicity.

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:44:11 PM

The next thing is that other banks will follow JP morgan example and create own coins. I think as a result ripple should disappear because everyone would realise non sense utility of ripple
ðºÞæ

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:58:48 PM

The next thing is that other banks will follow JP morgan example and create own coins. I think as a result ripple should disappear because everyone would realise non sense utility of ripple

Not just Banks every large corporation like  GMO, a Japanese IT giant Facebook, Apple....
XRP always was just a money grab, if anyone thinks banks will rely on some shady company to do things, is just a fool.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: