Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you submit KYC information in return for $25 from a legit web wallet?
Yes - 15 (36.6%)
No - 26 (63.4%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for $25 worth of XLM?  (Read 20011 times)
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:50:16 AM

There is no airdrop or campaign that justifies giving your personal information for 25$. It is simple math. Every time you give your ID, you win 25$.
If one of the ICOs is a scam and steals your identity, what will be the $ amount and time you will lose? Now divide that by 25$ and see how many rewards you should get to break even.
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:10:58 AM

I've never needed to do KYC through Blockchain. I'm not thinking about doing it.

Good value as $ 25. But we know that even in this forum, hundreds of people have not been able to get and wait for months.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:19:07 AM

I just got an email from Blockchain.com.  They are giving away $25 worth of their Stellar (XLM) coin, but in order to claim it you have to submit a selfie and a government identification card.

I don't have any suspicions about Blockchain, I believe they're legit, but I'm always hesitant to spread my personal information around.

How many of you folks plan to claim your $25?
I doubt if I would. The information I am giving out worth far more than $25. Also, why does blockchain needs the KYC information when we are supposed to be our own bank according to them?

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 09:24:14 AM

Not worth it for me.
I generally avoid sending in any personal documents to any service, so I'm definitely not going to start doing it for $25.

I am pretty surprised that a lot of people value their privacy so little that they just send copies of their passports over the internet.

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:26:35 AM

I would never put my identification to antone for not only $25, if it was more than $1000, I would not go. I think it's always better to keep safe your identification.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:52:20 AM

if we were living in a world where the market was truly regulated and if these services were actually trusted and we could sleep safe knowing they are responsible people who aren't going to abuse our personal information then i might have thought about doing it even if the amount was pretty small.

but it is nothing like that. the market is horrible, it is not regulated and the people who are in it (specially these centralized altcoins like XLM and services such as blockchain) are not to be trusted at all.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:56:35 AM

i voted for NO. as well as 76.5% of the participants. nevertheless frightening the 1/4 of the people would disclose everything for so little money.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:20:59 AM

I Just Applied for KYC to claim the airdrop, Blockchain.com is very old player & they are giving away 25$ is worth full as compare to new ICOs which demands KYC & till distribution they values gets down by 90%. This is great offer for the airdrop hunters IMO & peoples who lost faith in airdrops.

Pffrt

Merit: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:42:55 AM

I would never put my identification to antone for not only $25, if it was more than $1000, I would not go. I think it's always better to keep safe your identification.
kkgfhj123

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:51:40 AM

On a personal note it is a big NO for such things. Think on it, whoever is offering you the coins is not doing it for free. Definitely there is some moto behind collecting the details. I don't know the intention is good or bad but, sharing personal documents is not advisable at any point of time.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:09:00 PM

I just got an email from Blockchain.com.  They are giving away $25 worth of their Stellar (XLM) coin, but in order to claim it you have to submit a selfie and a government identification card.

I don't have any suspicions about Blockchain, I believe they're legit, but I'm always hesitant to spread my personal information around.

This is a great airdrop and took place in the last few months. But I have never received their email so I can get $ 25 and there are a lot of people like me. If you're lucky, you should KYC and get that 25 $

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:15:26 PM

Currently there are many wallet systems in need of our personal information. I don't know what they need to do, I don't know what their purpose is. that's a pretty big bonus but I really don't want to sell my personal information.
I'm afraid of the law-related allegations and it's terrible.
I think we should not attend events like this. It is very risky and can impact our future.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:20:23 PM

I understand people's problems and moods about selling personal information. It is really a sensitive issue and it can make us imprisoned.
But I think our information controllers will not do much. They simply know we send them personal information and they can't bind us in anything.
so i think we should try and get money. I have also sold my personal information and it is quite safe.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:07:05 PM

I did it about 2 months ago and received XLM.
if you feel hesitant to do it it's better not to do it.
no one forces you, because what I know is that the program is free even though it's only about $ 25.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:23:56 PM

25$ for your private information is not worth it, if you do want to claim the 25$ giveaway that means your only worth 25$, it's better to keep your personal information safe rather than people obtain it, obviously the 25$ is no brainer for them as they will sell your information which would be worth more, who knows where they would sell your information.
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:28:20 PM

As far as I remember, they offered to do this a long time ago, but even so, I did not send them any information!
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:30:15 PM

I think it's very cheap. provide personal data for only $ 25. but strangely I also followed it. I use almost all my friend data to follow this airdrop. I believe the personal data I provide will not be misused, because they have a good reputation, you know XLM is one of the top ranked crypto coins. if they want to get money, they just need to manipulate prices.
Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:42:08 PM

Don't worry if you success pass KYC submit your data you will get $25 based on xlm balance on your account, I got $25 last week and I sell but it needed about two or three weeks for pass kyc data submit.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:01:02 PM

I get Stellar with an estimated $ 25
and I also invite friends to follow airdrop from the blockchain
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:03:45 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2019, 01:37:36 AM by bitcoin31

It depends to you what you will do.  Blockchain is legit.  If you want to hide your identity don't join. People choice if they want to get free $25 of XLM. But make sure you are ready of what happen. Because even the price of the free or giveaway is hundreds dollars I will not give my personal information and  my identity.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: