Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] ANTMINER S1 by BITMAIN in Los Angeles, Ca USA-- NEW PRICE!  (Read 5992 times)
sbfree (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:46:06 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 05:48:18 AM by sbfree

Hello everyone. I am gauging interest in possible Antminer S1 GROUP BUY here on the forum. I am constantly buying from Bitmain so I have them in stock here in Los Angeles, CA. Bitmain is asking .999 a unit. So of course I can never compete against BITMAIN. But I do have them here and now. I would ask 1.0989 BTC (OR LESS) NEW PRICE 0.9377  plus your choice of USPS SHIPPING. Shipping currently costs about $86 USPS EXPRESS 1 or 2 BUSINESS DAYS to the East Coast or Less if you send me a label or use a slower service. And of course I would welcome Local pickup. Or even for an impartial member of the forum just to come and check it out.
My supply is limited right now to 15  10 NEW units (+4 arriving Today), with another order coming this week/early next (order placed last week). I do sell these on a first come first served basis, and the feelers are out there, plus of course Ebay.

I am not new to the forum and have bought from alot of the greats here, Canaryinthemine, Silentsonicboom, eleuthria, Crazyguy and others.
Escrow accepted from the likes of Maidak, Klondike_bar, John k or someone else that we can both agree upon and/or get a hold of.

If there is interest, I can and will post pics. and more info.
Any suggestions, ideas, offers or anything else that might help get this off the ground.
I am hoping that the slight price difference is worth it in mining time. Order today, be mining in 0-3 days vs. order from China and be mining in 7-10 days  5+.*

Thanks. sbfree

ps. And of course I will adjust as Bitmain adjusts.

SEE NEXT POST FOR CURRENT PRICES AND INVENTORY

in case anyone is looking for a close up
http://sbfree.imgur.com/all/

*Another member of the forum has asked that I change this statement. IF and When MY experience/time frame with receiving shipments changes/improves I will edit 7-10 days accordingly.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:46:28 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 05:47:55 AM by sbfree

reserved in case thread takes off! Grin

CURRENT PRICE PER ANTMINER S1 FROM THE USA = 0.9377 BTC    +  USPS SHIPPING (usually between $20 - $60+
                                                                                                                             depending onshipping priority or express and with or                                                                           w/out insur.)  

Antminer S1  UNITS in STOCK    06--   Bitmain currently shows out of Stock    

-- SHIP METHOD    PAY DATE       SHIPPED DATE    RECEIVED DATE  

slowroll951                 PRIORITY             3/13/14           3/13/14                3/14/14

guitarphil                    EXPRESS              3/13/14           3/13/14                3/14/14

borisalt                   Own ship.           03/16/14         03/17/14              03/19/14-NOTICE LEFT.
                               label by borisalt
                                                   03/20/14 - p/up at USPS

bearclaw                In Person           3/22/14             3/22/14                3/22/14

johno123                   PRIORITY             3/25/14             3/26/14                3/28/14

borisalt                      Own Label            3/30/14             3/31/14               4/02/14-NOTICE LEFT
                                                                                                                              4/04/14

Sir William                 PRIORITY             4/01/14             4/01/14                4/03/14

Rishodi                      PRIORITY              4/02/14             4/03/14                 4/05/14- Notice Left
                                                                                                                               4/07/14

johno123                   EXPRESS              4/03/14             4/03/14                4/04/14

dsheaffer                   PRIORITY             4/03/14             4/04/14                4/07/14

jtkanpp2                    EXPRESS              4/03/14             4/04/14                4/05/14

jamesc760               IN PERSON            4/07/14             4/07/14                4/07/14

mackstuart   2/10   Own Labels         4/07/14             4/07/14                4/11/14

mackstuart   8/10  Own Labels          PENDING           PENDING                PENDING

bearclaw                   In Person             4/13/14            4/13/14                4/13/14

jtkanpp2                   PRIORITY              4/12/14            PENDING               delivered

borisalt                    Own Label             4/13/14            PENDING                delivered

PaintShopPro6

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:55:42 PM

I've ordered 48 S1's from BitMain. Only twice has an order taken 4 business days to get to me and that is due to 1) Ice Storm and 2) Plane Malfunction, both UPS issues.

It is very common for it to take 3 business days, and it is often the case that UPS will fly the shipment from China to Kentucky on Sunday and even on holidays. Once it departs china, it is 24 to 48 hours to my doorstep.

In other words, I do not think that BitMain has earned the "be mining in 7 to 10 days" tag in your post.

I'll remove this post if your post gets fixed. There are a lot of dishonest companies. I think it is worth sticking up for one of the few honest ones.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:10:14 PM

I've ordered 48 S1's from BitMain. Only twice has an order taken 4 business days to get to me and that is due to 1) Ice Storm and 2) Plane Malfunction, both UPS issues.

It is very common for it to take 3 business days, and it is often the case that UPS will fly the shipment from China to Kentucky on Sunday and even on holidays. Once it departs china, it is 24 to 48 hours to my doorstep.

In other words, I do not think that BitMain has earned the "be mining in 7 to 10 days" tag in your post.

I'll remove this post if your post gets fixed. There are a lot of dishonest companies. I think it is worth sticking up for one of the few honest ones.
sorry paintshop, but facts are facts.....please see my imgur pics....you will see that I too have placed many orders with BITMAIN, and yes they so far have been one of the FEW suppliers to really pull through. They do have some slight kinks to work out but all in all they are great.
All I am trying to do here is speed thing up a bit for everyone. My premium is not set in stone as this thread is still tentative.
So if you look at my order page you will see that my last 2 orders were placed March 5 and March 7. The March 5 order got here yesteday March 10 (5 days to mining time) and the March 7 order is not here and is STILL NOT scheduled for delivery. I can provide proof for this too if need be.

So for me, 3 days is fantasy and reality is more like 5 days or longer. So no need to retract your statement, as I see no need to retract mine.

Any takers?? I have one interested party thinking of coming over later tonite for 7 units....I will keep you posted.

Another pic has been added to imgur also Note the Green 'D' sticker. All boxes in Last shipment had them. They didn't have them before. Any ideas?
PaintShopPro6

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:43:04 PM

If March 7th order is delivered tomorrow, that is 5 days and 3 business days. Where are you getting 7 to 10? Shouldn't it be 3 to 5?

I understand you are trying to create a niche for yourself, but a little bit of honesty doesn't hurt.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:45:42 PM

If March 7th order is delivered tomorrow, that is 5 days and 3 business days. Where are you getting 7 to 10? Shouldn't it be 3 to 5?

I understand you are trying to create a niche for yourself, but a little bit of honesty doesn't hurt.
I never said business days. And I don't stop mining because it's Saturday or Sunday, do you. And when you say HONESTY, you mean like this

"Shipping out within 48 hours after full payment

BITMAIN always ships fast"

Again, facts are facts.

Shipping date on last order was 68hrs with no delivery date scheduled yet, I can post a pic if you like.
PaintShopPro6

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:53:14 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 08:09:35 PM by PaintShopPro6

Can you please address the fact that March 12th is 5 days after March 7th, when you placed your order, and its relationship to your 7 - 10 day claim?

I had 8 units on the same plane out of China. I know they will be out for delivery tomorrow.

sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:03:50 PM

IF they arrive tomorrow then I will change it to 5 days. IF they arrive the following day, then I will change it to 6 days. I ADMIT that Bitmain is shipping faster than they ever have, but FOR ME, there has been some lag time from that stated by BITMAIN, and mining today is better than mining tomorrow. Can we leave it at that?
PaintShopPro6

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

Rather than fix a false claim against an honest company, you have chosen to double down and defend your false claims. Even your anecdote about the March 7th doesn't hold up to 7-10 days, not be 2 days on the short side.

If, instead, you chose to fix the error and be not only honest with your customers, but also honest with your supplier, we would not be having this conversation.

This is a major red flag.

I am warning all customers to use escrow

Here are my orders from the factory. You can guess which ones had an ice storm. I am including in-stock orders only and those orders not placed during chinese new years.  Looks like 4 - 6 is a fair claim if you are not going by business days.

Order Date, Delivery Date
1. 1/16 - 1/20
2. 1/20 - 1/24
3. 1/24 - 1/29
4. 1/11 - 2/17
5. 2/28 - 3/4
6. 3/1 - 3/5
7. 3/3 - 3/7
8. 3/5 - 3/11
9. 3/6 - 3/12 (same plane)
PaintShopPro6

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:12:35 PM

I don't even understand. You have such a competitive advantage over BitMain, yet you choose not to take advantage. You lean on this dumb false claim instead of advertising: "Ships from US - within 24 hours, often same day!"  "Receive unit within 1-4 days rather than 3-6!"

Your supplier is making you money buddy, they are honest. That's the only reason I'm posting here. I've done a LOT of business with the other players in this market and nobody is like BitMain, with the possible exception for AsicMiner.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:16:40 PM

Paintshoppro, I did state escrow accepted, and those that are local are more than welcome to come see for themselves. I will adjust my listing accordingly. If others are having similar experiences as you are, there will be no need for me or anyone such as myself. If others are having similar issues as myself, and I imagine others are/have, then just maybe I can help. As you can see by the pictures that I have posted in imgur, I have ordered quite a few myself, so I think I have the right to speak of my experiences.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:31:01 PM

Where in LA are you located? I would like to pick up 2(for now) locally.

sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:35:11 PM

I am in Downtown LA, available 24/7. You can literally throw a rock at city hall and it will bounce and hit LAPD headquarters from where I am. PM me for more info. thanks.

ps. I don't suggest you throw anything at city hall nor the LAPD, btw. Cheesy
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:39:49 PM

I don't even understand. You have such a competitive advantage over BitMain, yet you choose not to take advantage. You lean on this dumb false claim instead of advertising: "Ships from US - within 24 hours, often same day!"  "Receive unit within 1-4 days rather than 3-6!"

Your supplier is making you money buddy, they are honest. That's the only reason I'm posting here. I've done a LOT of business with the other players in this market and nobody is like BitMain, with the possible exception for AsicMiner.
paintshop, I have put an asterisk next to the 7-10 days for now and will edit accordingly. Cheers. Cool
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:30:38 AM

I don't even understand. You have such a competitive advantage over BitMain, yet you choose not to take advantage. You lean on this dumb false claim instead of advertising: "Ships from US - within 24 hours, often same day!"  "Receive unit within 1-4 days rather than 3-6!"

paintshoppro, so far it seems that BITMAIN will be delivering my next order tomorrow and the order will come in at 5 days delivery time from order date IF it does make it to my location tomorrow.

FOR ME, this will be only the 2nd time that I receive my Ants within 5 days of ordering. And like I have said before, BITMAIN has drastically improved their product from when they first started shipping these as has their customer service/support and NOW their delivery times have improved to. And if so, I will then adjust my statement from 7-10 to 5-6 days.

So far, I have had little interest, other than 10 units I just sold. 5 units left and 4 arriving tomorrow. I will upload pics tomorrow of new boxes received hopefully. Stay tuned.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:56:13 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 07:53:38 PM by sbfree

I don't even understand. You have such a competitive advantage over BitMain, yet you choose not to take advantage. You lean on this dumb false claim instead of advertising: "Ships from US - within 24 hours, often same day!"  "Receive unit within 1-4 days rather than 3-6!"

I have now updated my post since my last 2 orders from BITMAIN have been delivered in 5 days flat, from order paid to mining.
And hopefully they continue this trend. Pics to be updated soon.

pics of yesterdays arrival.
slowroll951

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:47:35 PM

Despite the fact that the wife is probably going to kill me for buying more mining hardware I went ahead and picked one of these up today.  I will give an update when it arrives.
sbfree (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:12:43 PM

Despite the fact that the wife is probably going to kill me for buying more mining hardware I went ahead and picked one of these up today.  I will give an update when it arrives.
Slowroll, thanks for taking the plunge. Pics when you get the item would be nice, ESPECIALLY of the shipping label showing maybe destination but editing out personal info. That would be nice if possible, thanks again slowroll951

cheers and enjoy,
sbfree
slowroll951

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:20:25 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 04:45:01 PM by slowroll951

Ok so my s1 arrived yesterday and was super easy to setup had it out of the box and taking care of business in less than 30 minutes. I will upload some pics when i get a chance.I have a question about HW errors its seems to be getting quite a few no overclocking and don't plan on it, already has the latest firmware, seem the be the most common solution I found searching around a bit. Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/Tr9GwKE.jpg
ringtail

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:32:28 PM

Ordered one of these S1's late on the 12th, it went out for shipment on the 13th and I received it on the 14th. So far its working well. Vouch for sb, very quick shipping at a good price. Attached are some pics. Grin
http://i58.tinypic.com/2nun5o6.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/125ot5f.png
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: