Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:30:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JPM Coin  (Read 353 times)
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:05:58 AM

What does everyone think about the new JPM (JP Morgan) Coin? Is this an attempt to adopt true decentralization or is this just another money grab by the greedy banking system? I find it intriguing that their CEO has been nothing but critical of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.
Banks and decentralization doesn't go together in one sentence.
The moment JPM start promoting their coin in bitcointalk will be the moment I will leave this forum, but that probably won't happen. That is my opinion on their coin.
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:27:27 AM

JP Morgan created new coin JPM coin, we will see how much interested by investor to buy and invest at JPM coin, how much their coin will sold out on ico time, will be investor buy all in of JPM coin or not, interested for waiting how this coin could be grow up or not.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:55:15 AM

What does everyone think about the new JPM (JP Morgan) Coin? Is this an attempt to adopt true decentralization or is this just another money grab by the greedy banking system? I find it intriguing that their CEO has been nothing but critical of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts.
I dont think JPMorgan create jpm coin to earn more money for it. They create it to be competitive with the current blockchain technology and its price is 1:1$ and it is a stable coin and available only internally so i think it could  not draw negative impact to crypto market as a whole since its price is fixed.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:26:04 AM

JPM coin is simply a coin used internally in JPMorgan's system, and it is only for large customers. That is, most of us will not have the opportunity to use it.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:31:11 AM

JPM coin is simply a coin used internally in JPMorgan's system, and it is only for large customers. That is, most of us will not have the opportunity to use it.
They are simply testing the functionality of blockchain and try the advantage of the system, if they prosper for sure it will make it quicker for them
to do transactions and the business will flow perfectly, it will affect cryptocurrency as it is a good way of advertising the chain, JP morgan would not
take the risk without studying the consequence.

Surely They have additional plan just in case things won't work right, but if this will bring them huge money the impact will also be felt around the crypto community.
mjacer

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:47:33 AM

The JP Morgan's new coin operates privately and will be used for money transfers between the lender and its clients.  According to the article, it would not operate on a public network in the same way that cryptocurrencies do.  All users of this coin must be approved by JP Morgan.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 03:09:25 AM

I don't get why would they need to have their own coins except for getting more funds or transfer/remittance money faster

But if thats the reason, they could just remitt with ripple, why their own coin hmm
Jpti

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:40:56 PM

We cannot be always that much of critical about cryptocurrency. The former critic of cryptocurrency is itself turning to digital currency, and it is good new for the entire world of cryptocurrency. We may see this attempt from a positive angle. Relevance and importance of cryptocurrency is increasing far and wide, and it will make its strongest presence across the world over time. 

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:42:45 PM

They just understand that cryptocurrency threatens to their existence very much and they try to protect themselves

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 12:52:41 PM

There will only be a digital currency that can benefit the bank itself and will not positively influence to the market. It is like another state that was set up at another planet. Anyway if it will have an effect, it will cause prices to fall.  Undecided
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:00:36 PM

As the news is circulation by JP Morgin,it will be centralize coin because banks will not allow to decentralization of JPM Coin.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:43:34 PM

I don't think it is available externally, sounds like it is an internal coin that they will use within the company for money transfer. One dollar is tied to 1 JPM so it's not for investing in, unless they decide to change it into a ripple type coin
If it's really that thing, then JPM is no more than a stable coin. What profit could we get from it unless it will be traded under a JPM market traded with a number of fluctuating crypto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
EscrowService28

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

“The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:00:47 AM

Actually, I was amazed when I heard of this. This is literally the first ever Crytpcurrency created by a banking institution. Somehow, it is securing to think that is created by a bank.
They are experimenting with the usage of blockchain for instant cross-border payments and the use for its corporate debt insurance business.

Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:16:04 AM

I don't think it is available externally, sounds like it is an internal coin that they will use within the company for money transfer. One dollar is tied to 1 JPM so it's not for investing in, unless they decide to change it into a ripple type coin
If it's really that thing, then JPM is no more than a stable coin. What profit could we get from it unless it will be traded under a JPM market traded with a number of fluctuating crypto.
It's a stable coin according to the article I read, but if it will be traded in crypto like any other coins then it will still give a good effect to the market.
People would not enjoy it's volatility since it's a non volatile asset, but the new people it will bring to the market will give positive effect in terms of adoption.

Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:34:24 AM

How interested by investor at JP morgan coin, will be many investor make invest at their coin or not, we have wait how the future of JP morgan coin because we will see is profit for investing or not.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 10:20:32 AM

I think that's both 2. when JPM enters the crypto market, it will also have a lot of benefits because the trading volume of the crypto market is up to several billion dollars per day. that will increase their revenue further and they still have room for greed for some tax related things.
participating in the crypto market will bring many benefits to JPM.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:53:15 PM

I still think even though I hate ripple to my core this new blockchain method that JP Morgan will use is nothing better than ripple, they could have just went with ripple if the blockchain technology all they care about for their transactions. It would be cheaper and faster and would yield about the same result. Working on creating a system from ground up would be a lot more expensive and will come with a lot of troubles (bugs and glitches and so forth) that they will need to fix whereas ripple already figured those out and works perfectly.

Of course it will not be as simple as just building a blockchain and in the long run (lets say 20 years) they will say they are glad they switched but for now it is not a major news for bitcoin or crypto in general since its only on its baby steps, we need to see it work perfectly before we can say this is what blockchain can change even in huge companies.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:40:48 PM

Probably we will not see any decentralization as in the case of XRP and Stellar, this is another attempt to digitize the dollar. A completely useless coin for the crypto community, but without a doubt it will be in demand as a speculative tool.
SafeSpell

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 08:46:52 PM

AOL onboarded millions of Americans to the internet. Eventually people wanted more freedom and without the bloat (not so much these days, but I digress). Let JP Morgan, etc make it something that the consumer uses regularly, then they may come to appreciate the value of decentralized alternatives.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 03:52:58 PM

It's a stable coin according to the article I read, but if it will be traded in crypto like any other coins then it will still give a good effect to the market.
People would not enjoy it's volatility since it's a non volatile asset, but the new people it will bring to the market will give positive effect in terms of adoption.
So it means to me, they are just taking advantage of JP Morgan's popularity. They might believe a lot of people will invest in them since JPM is an influential individual. I would like to say, we already have ripple with (I think) the same function.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐