Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader don't speculate?  (Read 13254 times)
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:21:12 AM

Even in trading, there are many people who belong to the holding but people who want to make short term money will always be more speculator about the market conditions. Every time their speculation won't be correct but they will move according to the market situation.

Short term traders has more experience in trading as they can do trades more often.
As the market remains volatile, it could give them more opportunity to trade, and if they make mistakes, they can always correct it and will aim to be consistent along the way. We may have some bad call in trading but if we learn, we can turn things around and we can be profitable.

Speculation? that's normal for traders.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 06:26:59 AM

Seems like a more interesting game than cryptokitties and in that genre, but buying a horce without even being able to play the game is not different than buying ico coins...
Some people do it for the game some so it for money and some just follow the trend just to sell it when the time comes. In the market do not trust anybody creating a new trend. Kitties is old now but we see new ones every now and then.

Speculation happens on these topics and they get driven above the price charts. Are they worth putting money into? That's your personal decision but I feel they are not worth the time taking into consideration that you have monitor them and spend time on them. Who does that when you can just buy Bitcoin and hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 06:35:00 AM

<....>
Speculation? that's normal for traders.
This is true, traders always have prediction and that is binary traders which is rely on guessing the strategy. So, why they don't speculate since speculation is very useful to some traders aside from their analysis or tools that they used. Traders speculations were base on their decision and they have the right to speculate their own since trading is more based in prediction thing, so I think there's nothing wrong in speculating the market and follow your heart beat on you are going to predict.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 11:58:36 AM

They said there are two types of people in crypto society.
One is a speculator and the other one is a true believer of crypto. But for me, speculation is either a false news or serves as our guide on which way should we take in or which prediction should we believe. But we should remember that we don't have to rely on the speculations only. We have to set our real purpose and trust our own analysis.
Traders have to react to the speculations because wich is the reaction of common investors emotion so a smart investor need to use ti to make profits.

Most of the traders just fall for the speculation without analysing it which makes them to be in loss rather than profits.
Perhaps the simplest way is to find a decline, namely by buying at a fairly cheap price or red market and selling green which is the most widely used trick to simplify analysis because everyone is not too smart in analyzing only partially, indeed speculating is not recommended for anyone at least trying to read market conditions to increase knowledge.
When someone is not good at the analysing the market then being a long term trader is better thing rathe than trying day trading where we are not good at it,but when we want to make more profits we have to try the things from our comfort zone for that we cn practice the simulators or very less capital to day trade and try to learn as much as you can then make yourself as a pro level trader.
Real trader wok with full analysis of the market and not based on speculation alone, speculation plays much more of a active role in long term trading to short term trading.

It will not be wise for us to be a day trader and live our life of trading based on speculation, because speculative news could be very misleading if we base our judgment on it alone, we have to strongly rely on the technical and fundamental analysis tool to be able to trade differently from others and be a successful day trader, but when it comes to long term trade, speculation could be a very great toll for value increase.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 12:57:50 PM

Well, I agree that we don't need to speculate. FOMO is just for them who are not willing to learn something that related to their area. if we have enough knowledge to do anything, we can speculate it, even it won't be right but at least we have a reasonable basis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 02:20:57 PM

No, don't speculate... that is what they always tell us but FOMO aside, what's the fun if there is no emotional speculation!

I feel we as traders could be considered as speculative consumers, and if that is partly the truth wouldn't it be cool if the digital asset that we are speculating on was something we had whole ownership of?

I am building a game inspired by trading crypto, in the form of digital racehorse ownership on the blockchain. Haven't you always wanted to own your own racehorse any way?

Come over an take a glimpse, any feedback is welcome. https://www.zed.run

Make sure you follow the hype by joining our Discord chat. https://discord.gg/sNgA5Zu

I guess the OP is just posting this topic because it will cover his main purpose which is promoting his site.

With regards with the topic, trading is a hundred percent speculation that it even considered as breathing. With this relies the decision making which makes trading profitable. You dont speculate, you will not choose wisely then you lose everything.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 02:51:14 PM

I really don't trade a lot but when I trade I don't use much of analysis,I just see the actual current market state and decide based on it.

I'm also trading this pattern, not looking at speculation always but moving with market vibes. I think this is also what Op is trying to say in his topic.

Really most times looking at the speculated data, you can be confused.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 03:26:05 PM

A Trader must be required to make various decisions smartly. A Trader does sometimes require speculation, but speculation cannot ensure profit. A trader needs accurate data, when he has obtained accurate data analysis, then a skilled trader will be able to make the right decision. Traders are not just an easy job, a trader must be willing to think and work hard to determine the best decision.
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 03:48:35 PM

Well, I agree that we don't need to speculate. FOMO is just for them who are not willing to learn something that related to their area. if we have enough knowledge to do anything, we can speculate it, even it won't be right but at least we have a reasonable basis.

Exactly, being a trader, of course we have to learn and be able to make analysis, we must be patient to be a pro, if we only rely on speculation, we cannot survive to make a profit with trading.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2019, 11:25:32 PM

No, don't speculate... that is what they always tell us but FOMO aside, what's the fun if there is no emotional speculation!

I feel we as traders could be considered as speculative consumers, and if that is partly the truth wouldn't it be cool if the digital asset that we are speculating on was something we had whole ownership of?

I am building a game inspired by trading crypto, in the form of digital racehorse ownership on the blockchain. Haven't you always wanted to own your own racehorse any way?

Come over an take a glimpse, any feedback is welcome. https://www.zed.run

Make sure you follow the hype by joining our Discord chat. https://discord.gg/sNgA5Zu

I think good traders make a lot of money in the crypto market. Because they can capture the market very well, they can both speculate when the market is volatile but sometimes they don't speculate and trade in days along with the analysis is very sensitive and effective. I don't have a lot of capital so I can't speculate because I can't trade.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:12:09 AM

I think speculation plays an important role in trading because if a trader picks the right trade and speculates accurately then it’s very likely to have high returns.

The moment they engage in speculation trading instead of carryout research, relying on experience or reading and understanding the movement of the charts, they seize to be worthy of been called a trader. They become more of a gambler which rely on luck as a major factor for winning and most times they can't replicate their wins. Trading I always say is more than just buying and selling, it's a skills which involves learning, practice, experience, dedication etc. If a trader don't have any of these I don't think
that individual is worthy of been called a trader, he/she is just a gambler.
I totally agree with at least 90% of your point but I think you missed out when you made it look like any trader that engages in speculation is no trader. You have to break the type of trading down, even when a trader has fulfilled all the listed attributes in your point, they will still not go far without speculation, it is when they speculate using intuition rather than the Technical analysis tool that they become a gambler.

The TA tool we have been talking about, is it not more of a speculative tool? And any trader cannot trade successfully with making use of Technical and analysis tool, so not all traders that engage in speculation sometime are not traders, it just depends on how professional they are about it.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 07:17:28 AM

Speculation does not always mean being fomo. It can just be predictions at to what price is going to be on a future date and then preparing accordongly from beforehand. The Reddit storm of speculation is definitely cancerous and something to avoid. Most of the accounts there are just shills promoting their shitcoins and blabbering like kids playing in the backyard.

But normal secularism does happen and the wall observe threads are proof of that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 07:30:09 AM

Speculation does not always mean being fomo. It can just be predictions at to what price is going to be on a future date and then preparing accordongly from beforehand. The Reddit storm of speculation is definitely cancerous and something to avoid. Most of the accounts there are just shills promoting their shitcoins and blabbering like kids playing in the backyard.

But normal secularism does happen and the wall observe threads are proof of that.
Preparing your target and setting up your mindset to make sure that you already condition everything for proper accordance to what extent you think that value  will be  reached, there's always people who will shares point of views in order to gain attentions, they will try to promote and brings something out from what they've think market will go, real traders won't relied on it but to create its own directions.

You can take some information and research if there's potential before doing any risk of following the flow.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4154

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 07:34:09 AM

If a trader don't have any of these I don't think
that individual is worthy of been called a trader, he/she is just a gambler.
it is when they speculate using intuition rather than the Technical analysis tool that they become a gambler.

This might he your understanding but i still stand on my above statement, A speculative trader is a gambler not a trader. When you have all the figures right, that's you must have done your research through reading technical analysis and experience and what you do then is called prediction not speculation. Speculation involves the guessing the direction of the movement of the price (in this case) cryptocurrency without any backing and the success of this practice always involves luck which most times can't be replicated but when that price guess has a backing it's called prediction and in this case it can always be replicated even by other traders by following your analysis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 09:41:41 AM

Speculation is nearly the same like gambling, but trading is activity that the same like others business that we should be use risk management and trading plan. Beside that we should be have knowledge about technical analysis and how to predict trend of crypto market.
In speculation, we make use of the exchange rate fluctuation. The exchange rate goes up and you sell. This is called exchange rate arbitrage. But this is risky because the exchange rate could go down as well despite going up so speculation is rather adored by those who are the risk takers. A speculator could be trader but a trader could not always be speculator.

100% correct.
trader could be a hodler but a speculator is always a trader (or a gambler)

Even in trading, there are many people who belong to the holding but people who want to make short term money will always be more speculator about the market conditions. Every time their speculation won't be correct but they will move according to the market situation.
Speculating is part of trading, you will do analysis and research of course you will have a speculation and prediction on the instruments you have, you cannot trade without speculation, will you depend on luck in trading? because you forget speculation
michellee

Activity: 2772
Merit: 842

🐺Spinarium.com🐺 - iGaming casino

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:06:24 PM

Why can we not speculate? Is it because if we speculate, it means we play gambling? I don't think so, because with making speculation, we can try to make a bigger profit. With speculating the price, we could make a better analysis that could help us to gain more profit. One example, we are guessing the bitcoin price will increase at $6,100, and we analyze the trend so we can predict that price. While the price is starting to increase and break $6,060, we still stay with our speculate price and not sell if the price does not reach $6,100.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:10:28 PM

Well, I agree that we don't need to speculate.
Whether in cryptocurrency or offline business, speculation is part of it. How do you think a business will bring you money before you go into if you don't draw up your expectations as feasibility study. While you do that, it's called speculation. If you fail to do that, that means you have already planned for your business to fail.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:31:43 PM

Why can we not speculate? Is it because if we speculate, it means we play gambling? I don't think so, because with making speculation, we can try to make a bigger profit. With speculating the price, we could make a better analysis that could help us to gain more profit. One example, we are guessing the bitcoin price will increase at $6,100, and we analyze the trend so we can predict that price. While the price is starting to increase and break $6,060, we still stay with our speculate price and not sell if the price does not reach $6,100.
I also think how the thread poster said trader don't speculate. Speculating is natural to every trader. To clear up some stuffs prediction is also speculating how you think for the next price movements or numbers. Everyone is free to estimate, predict and speculate and it is one of the traders characteristic.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:58:23 PM

Your digital horseracing sounds like the typical gambling games or is just mere gaming.
Is it blockchain/crypto based like the ethereum cryptokitties collectible thing?
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:32:10 PM

Sometimes when I see some speculations, I am sorry to say, I usually ask myself if the person was even born with brain at all to see that there is no sense in what he or she is speculating, some people come here on this platform to just play around and say whatever they like without basing it on facts and real life things. The worst people are even the ones that act on their speculation too without making further findings.

This is the reason why majority of them are not even traders, because I believe there is no professional trader that will just speculate with intuition or emotion without really studying the analysis severally to arrive at a final reasonable conclusion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: