Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the era change from ICO (Initial Coin Offering) to STO (Security Token O)  (Read 633 times)
ewewew888222 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:31:11 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2019, 01:37:48 PM by ewewew888222

STO list I confirmed

【FINOM】
There are two utilities in this project: utility token NOM and security token FIN.

FIN holders can receive up to 20% of the company's total revenue quarterly as a dividend.

【POLYMATH】
Polymath is developing a platform on which corporations can issue security tokens based on regulations. Only the approved investors can invest in this platform.

【Kizuna Global Inc.】
KIZUNA Global Inc. issues a hybrid token based on ST-20 Standard Algorithm that has functions of both security token and utility token to coordinate KIZUNACOIN PROJECT, KEEP-Exchange, and future business deployment and to grant stock value.
Made a technical alliance to develop the system of major exchanges Bit-Z and KEEP exchanges. Also provide brand support for important marketing to manage the exchange. KEEP exchanges that issue security tokens are drawing attention in the world. Will continue to partner with multiple companies and strive to improve the services provided by the KEEP exchange.

【Desico】
It is a security token platform in Europe and issues a legally compliant EU security token in compliance with the new Cloud Funding method and regulations of Lenia and individual investors around the world will We make it possible to participate in investment.

【TEMPLUM】
We offer Tokenized Asset Offer and Secondary Trading Solutions. In the name Tokenized Asset Offerings (TAO), we are establishing regulatory compliance markets for primary issuance and secondary transactions of digital assets with security tokens.
We handle a wide range of asset classes such as real estate, unlisted stocks, funds, corporations, vehicles, stocks, debt as target asset classes.
TEMPLUM based in New York has raised $ 12.7 million (about 1.3 billion yen) of funds so far. BlockChain Capital, Galaxy Investment Partners and other crypto funds, and SBI Group in Japan are also investing.

Additional notes
【FABA】 【MOBU】

[note]
It is necessary to confirm about approval of SEC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:24:13 AM

Both crowdfunding models will continue to exist and operate. The question is more where the public sentiment will go, and I believe the STOs will be getting much more attention in the future. ICOs won't be extinct, though.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:59:40 AM

Both crowdfunding models will continue to exist and operate. The question is more where the public sentiment will go, and I believe the STOs will be getting much more attention in the future. ICOs won't be extinct, though.
Not so many people are interested in STO, even some people said if that was fully regulated but the team can't even prove it. If this based on someone's opinion and that can't be a strong reason. ICO is still exist and recently there was a scam STO.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ewewew888222 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:19:22 AM

Not so many people are interested in STO, even some people said if that was fully regulated but the team can't even prove it. If this based on someone's opinion and that can't be a strong reason. ICO is still exist and recently there was a scam STO.

truly?
ICO fraud seems to be over 70%. Since STO is the same as stock certificate, I think that the probability of fraud is low.
ewewew888222 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 09:45:48 AM

The more new ICOs, the more funds are distributed.
Celebrities in crypto currency recommend STO so that assets are not distributed. I can see its future.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:23:13 AM

Basically both ICOs and STOs will continue to exist as times goes on. Not all company will offer a ST20 depending on the companies project model. Not all offering will be a security so since there will exist utility tokens, ICO will continue to exist

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
ewewew888222 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:43:29 AM

Basically both ICOs and STOs will continue to exist as times goes on. Not all company will offer a ST20 depending on the companies project model. Not all offering will be a security so since there will exist utility tokens, ICO will continue to exist

It is highly likely. A token that combines both may become mainstream.

It is easy to take an ICO and take responsibility STO.
Which do investors trust?
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:06:24 AM

both of these methods are flawed and are being abused. that means they will both exist but they won't make any difference because so far they are exactly the same thing with a different name and people aren't stupid, they eventually realize there is no difference and the scam is happening with a different disguise so they stop using STOs as they stopped using ICOs.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:50:55 AM

the ico will not disappear but will obviously have to share the market with the new sto, on a personal level i continue to prefer the ico to the sto that require mandatory kyc, we will see towards where the big investors will be oriented...
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:51:21 AM

ICO cant be extinct, STO seem to be the safer investment but above all it depends entirely on investors ,as for me I don't mind which one I invest in ,what matters is how good the project is

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 12:07:25 PM

I think both ICO and STO will still exist on this year, but in my opinion this year will be more STO than ICO at least till the end of this year.
Indeed, I see a lot of scam based on "ICO system". but that's guarantee that in the future we didn't see "Scam STO System"
anything's possible.
All U have to do is Learning Before Investing

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
funnec

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:14:25 PM

The emergence of STO may not totally eradicate ICO because not everyone is interested in STO as a result of the strict regulations which some don't find interesting.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:38:01 PM

It's undeniable that there is a growing interest in STOs right now, the fact that many of these tokens offer dividends attracts many people, they think that if the token lose its value, at least they can receive those dividends although, if the project turns out to be a failure they will not receive anything. However, calling your token a STO doesn't make it a STO, there are some requirements that not every project will be able to fulfill and if we talk about exchanges, there will not be many exchanges where it will be possible to trade these tokens. Thinking in the long term, I think things will move towards a hybrid model, projects that will be offering two tokens, one utility token and one security token.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:41:54 PM

the ICO are unfortunately much too unregulated and therefore scammers are often the door
and gate open. STO and IEO are also ridden but what the future will bring will be exciting to see.
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:50:05 PM

it could be the problem if ICO like this continues to scam so the ICO will be displaced by STO. so from now on we all need to be able to eradicate fraud in the crypto world like ICO
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:15:42 PM

I think it will take some time. I mean it can't happen in just couple of minutes, it will of course take a lot of time to just even be equals let alone pass and be the only one.

I think we just need to wait a bit and be patient but if we show more support for the STO's and stop caring about ICO's then people will realize that doing ICO is no longer the correct path and will start working towards making a STO. That is what this depends on, creators deciding on either ICO path or STO path, we need to make sure we wheel them towards the STO path by just funding them more successfully most of the time and not fund ICO's.

If that happens with time then we will see creators preferring to start STO anyway and ICO will cease to exist over time. Of course that is not something we can do in a year, it will probably take couple years at least.
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:18:12 PM

The emergence of STO may not totally eradicate ICO because not everyone is interested in STO as a result of the strict regulations which some don't find interesting.
And if ICO is launched at the top exchanges, I think it will be much easier to succeed than STO. STO is currently facing many difficulties to implement so we need to wait a long time to be able to see STO projects successfully.

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:18:23 PM

I understand you described the living projects that are already present in the cryptocurrency market today? In which you can invest? What is the price?
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:19:44 PM

the ICO are unfortunately much too unregulated and therefore scammers are often the door
and gate open. STO and IEO are also ridden but what the future will bring will be exciting to see.
Scam is indeed the main content that will affect various subsequent projects. for me STO will be very interesting, investors and users of digital currencies, such as already starting to leave the ICO. they start looking for projects that are indeed far safer and have a far more realistic target.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:19:05 PM

I think people's attitude has changed especially towards ICO and STO regarding their attitude towards risk. Many of us actually thought ICO were gold mine at one point but we have so many people who got burned. The SEC and many governments want to create a safer and a new stable ground for new investors in cryptocurrency and replacing ICO with STO is surely on their long list of the certain things that may adjust the market. ICOs are getting pretty bad coverage whereas STO media coverage is getting higher day by day. Time will say whether this Security offering will benefit investors given the volatile market condition of cryptocurrency and how quickly a project can get abandoned with people losing their money, hope and everything.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: