Bitcolumnist - Distraction-Free Crypto News Aggregator (Available for Android)

<< < (2/2)

hugeblack:
The risk of downloading a program from an unknown developer, without any evaluations, and closed source with the benefits obtained through it makes it difficult to download your application.
Make your application open source or re-designed to be a site.
Also, an environment free of distraction is a concern about how you manage profits.

Theb:
What hugeblack said is right, Google doesn't have any kind of screening for apps being uploaded by people in the Playstore so there is literally no assurance for us that the app is clean or not. However I played it safe and downloaded your app from one of my factory resetted phones and all I can say is your app is nothing special, just by clicking one of your news links we are just redirected to the mobile version of the news article so I can call you app not useful as it just acts out as a browser for your website. If I am a reader of your website I would just be going to the mobile version of your website and not download your app.

GreywaterLabs:
Wow you guys are brutal haha.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback. If you don't see our app as anything special that's fine. We recognize that not everyone consumes news in the same way and we hope others will find value in what we're offering. We are not looking to reinvent the wheel, just make getting the top crypto news on your phone super simple.

Keep it coming.

eternalgloom:
My comment is about the website, since I don't feel comfortable downloaded just any app onto my phone.

It has way too few features for me to be using it regularly.

- There doesn't seem to be any way to filter news articles on specific keywords.
- While I appreciate a minimalist design, I feel that this is just a tad too minimal.
- Articles are displayed in one continuous list, no way to only see articles from other days.
- You can't add or remove source websites.

The news aggregator that I currently use is Faws.com, which has all the features that I mentioned above.
That's a pretty good starting point, if you want to create your own news aggregator service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page