Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chainalysis Secures $30M: Despite Bitcoin Crash, Crypto Venture Money Still Flow  (Read 184 times)
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:21:24 AM
Merited by Jating (1)

Chainalysis Secures $30M: Despite Bitcoin Crash, Crypto Venture Money Still Flowing

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/02/16/chainalysis-secures-30m-bitcoin-crash-crypto-venture-money-flowing/

But interestingly, it seems that the crash in the Bitcoin price hasn’t deterred opportunities. Even in trying times, money from ambitious venture capitalists and visionaries alike have continued to rush into this space, no holds barred.

In fact, in a press release issued Tuesday, Chainalysis divulged that it had scored over $30 million in funding for its Series B round, led by Accel, a Palo Alto-based venture group that also has investments in Circle.

With this influx of funding, the analytics unit has decided to bolster its team. The company currently has 30 open roles, including stints ranging from the vice president of finance to the team lead for cybercrimes. Although the company has its primary offices in New York, many of the new positions are located in London and Copenhagen, the former of which is where Chainalysis is looking to double its headcount.

So it looks like another round of funds made it to Chainalysis. I'm sure that there's no effect in the price, but the impact will be huge behind the scene when exchanges or even private individual can use their services to help find and curb crypto related crimes.

Any thoughts about other net positive effects of Chainalysis having deep pockets now?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:01:40 AM
Merited by Jating (2)

So it looks like another round of funds made it to Chainalysis. I'm sure that there's no effect in the price, but the impact will be huge behind the scene when exchanges or even private individual can use their services to help find and curb crypto related crimes.

Any thoughts about other net positive effects of Chainalysis having deep pockets now?

net positive effects? it's hard to think of many. they're here to spy on the network, de-anonymize users and their transaction histories.

sure, they can help address crime---terrorist and money laundering activity etc. the more effectively exchanges and other custodial services can address criminal activity, the less likely they are to be targets of the DOJ and FBI. that's the only positive I can think of.

i prefer the old wild west days tbh.

Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:16:57 AM

I also don't see any positive effect except that they will be given more "blockchain intelligence power" to try and investigate issues like money laundering and the usual criminal acts, by partnering with exchanges. I'm not sure if they have partnered with top exchanges of today, but at one point, trading platform will need their help in the future in cases of hacks.

So I have mix emotions if they will be given so much power to track and de- anonymize users. And I totally agree with @figmentofmyass here, I prefer the old days.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: