Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 12:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO VS STO  (Read 367 times)
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:35:25 PM

I think the debate should be more of like what is the future of tokens, utility or security tokens? So i think the title of the thread needs a little editting, my personal answer is that security tokens have a bright future just like shares are considered a solid investment in a traditional stock market while utility tokens are loosing the steam because they do not represent anything they are more like just the honorary or goodwill gesture and do not grant the most important part ownership or profit share in the company or the project.

kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:39:15 PM

The decentralized one is far better.  I think this experiment will most likely fail. It not compatible with blockchain/cryptocurrency.

Yes, The decentralization is the nature of crypto which we like most.  But why you invest in ICOs? when they are not useful and why i am just losing my money by investing in those ICOs?

MONEY ISN'T THE REASON WE ARE HERE. So don't get distracted, OK?

Money is not the only reason, but it is one of the reasons that's why we are here! No one likes to lose their money continuously. I am not a fan guy of STO, but STO is profitable now, and they are also in crypto! At least their coin will not be volatile and they won't scam us, right?!

suzanne5223

Activity: 2674
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 09:36:19 PM

STO is the best option if we need to move on with the secured option. However if you see in large numbers you can find the ICO projects in the marketplace. They looks to earn money but no one here to give security for your investment.
I suggest you to be careful on any type of investment.
STOs might seems to be the best option but that doesn't make it a secured option and if you seek every investment adviser opinion about STOs they end their statement that STOs security is still not guarantee because there are some attribute in crypto currency investment which can not be excluded.

miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:44:04 PM

I think that the ICO sphere is beginning to become obsolete. Fraudulent projects have done their job and now there is a very small percentage of investors who continue to invest in ICO. There was a problem and STO provided a way to solve it. Therefore, I believe that STO is a new direction that will gain popularity.

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:44:57 PM

Peoplle choice now is the STO because we think it is better version of ICO and it more secure compared to ICO. But it doesn't mean that the All STO is secured but most of them I think are become successful. They are tired to invest to ICO scam so they will stop investing on it and they looking for the project in STO.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:50:30 PM

Though in STO, people have a good chance to make the profit, but I will go for ICOs. Because crypto is a decentralized market and ICO follows the decentralization nature! I know that last year many ICO projects scammed people and many of them are dead. But still, there have some good ICO, I will only support good ICOs! People should research more before investing in ICOs, if the market turns good again then ICO market will steal the show again!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
qtronix

Activity: 596
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:02:17 PM

ICO still more usual to me. I think that STO will gain popularity now, but it is very difficult to surpass such a popular direction. Still, I think that after the return of the market, the situation with the ICO will also become much better.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 10:22:53 PM

The STO is the upper model of the ICO. As far as I know, STO has been accepted by the SEC and devs can not start selling without their permission. So accordingly it looks more secure.
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:55:46 PM

I do not think that today there is a huge difference that could really make the projects in STO begin to have fewer scammers. This is not true. In general, nothing has changed for developers. Therefore, I do not see the point, only HYIP.
sell my ac_________nt

Merit: 108

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:03:18 PM

I think ICOs time has passed since 99% of them are scammers. STOs is much safer for the investor as they are regulated by laws.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 04:05:17 PM

If Project makes profit and tokens are security (sto) you will get part of the profit.

On the other hand if Project makes profit but tokens are utility (ico) maybe token value rise but not for sure.

So i would prefer sto!

s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:21:15 PM

which one is more interesting and more desirable?

obviously STO is more interesting and desirable. It  means Security token offering so much likely that your investment on that token is safe and secure.
on the other hands lots of altcoins offer ICO and it is more accessible.

playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:38:43 PM

I think STO is more useful investment in today situation more than investing and ICO because when you had lots of scam project in ICO then how we can invest and test that so probably is STO best for me

Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 05:14:35 PM

No special difference. One is just a continuation of the other. Take it from me, all those currently shifting their investment to STO projects will still start the same complaints currently experienced with ICOs. People are still going to abuse the STOs as they have done to the ICOs.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Freny250
Copper Member

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:51:14 PM

Ico are intial coin offering and Sto are security token offering. From.the ban of ico and its restriction in some countries it seems that STO are in vogue now. STO tokens also perform well on exchange than most of its  ICO counterparts

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:08:56 PM

Initial coin offering versus security coin offering.
Well we have see much of the former than the latter.
Back in 2017 initial coin offering where the real deal and really impacted positively into the cryptocurrency space but since then it's been bad. May be is time for a change to security token offering
betty11
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:17:40 PM

STO is more trusted than ICO. And I will prefer STO, ICO have shown me too many red eyes. But STO needs full regulatory compliance. I just hope STO don't turn to shit after much trust might have been built. In all, market will still determine the value of any project.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:13:45 PM

STO it is a company with available assets and it opens the IPO. but 100 projects are probably a project with money available. ICO compared to STO is stuck with a pile of legal frameworks so it is not as robust as ICO
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:17:14 PM

STO will take over ICO in near future..
And I think it is better. STO will give some kind of security to investors, while ICO is like russian roulette - lucky game. Every 6 project scam  Roll Eyes

I think IEO ( Initial Exchange Offering ) like Bittorrent did on binance exchange will take over . Kinda easy for project to list your tokens for sale on exchange and you don't even need to worry about KYC , cus exchange will sort it out for you . The problem with Security tokens in USA is that you need to wait 6 months -1 year to list on exchanges per SEC Rules .
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:20:52 PM

For me, the only difference is that STO is more controllable and regulated, and it is possible that there will be fewer scammers in it than in ICO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: