Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:56:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL HODL portfolio  (Read 2814 times)
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:32:34 AM

What about major crypto currencies like ETH and BTC? As we all have learned, when BTCs dominance is above 60 percent, the only coin that is raising is Bitcoin and altcoins are struggling to add even a small percentage to their price range.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:45:52 PM

For me, the most valuable cryptocurrency to hold is Bitcoin, and then there are only a few altcoins that deserve a long term holding, like Ethereum, BNB, and LTC. I am not holding so many tokens actually, because the market is red and it is better to sell tokens whenever the price reach a good level.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 09:03:17 AM

lets post current portfolio, reason, update when it happens and future plans.

my current portfolio:
40% ONT
60% BTMX

reason for ONT:
ROI if ONG keeps this level: 20% in a year

reason for BTMX
ROI right now is 62% per year for locked coins in mining.

future plans:
1/4 BTMX, 1/4 NEO, 1/4 ONT, and the rest spread in 10 other coins?

This post is a great example of how things can go sour if we invest poorly.

Unfortunately for the topic starter, both the coins mentioned have already tanked and have very little value left, if ever still listed on exchanges. This is why it is of my opinion that bitcoin is now the only worthwhile investment. You simply buy and hold bitcoin because of it's dominance and perceived value on the masses.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
mercedes321 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:06:14 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2019, 12:00:58 AM by mercedes321

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTMXUSD/VHDeHuAX-BTMX-can-do-x4/

BTMX can repeat the story, this time just x4? curently invested in ZEC, neo, ONT, BTMX,  BTC
mercedes321 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 03:59:05 PM

almost all in BTMX, margin and non margin->stacking

https://www.tradingview.com/x/S7mdvhwp/
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 04:29:49 AM

I think it is very ineffective to hold tokens for a long time, especially tokens that are unclear or do not have a clear roadmap, we know 90% of them are junk so if you want to start holding something start with bitcoin, then do research on altcoin.
I see that the average of all tokens has lost more than 80% in a short time.
It is very easy to imagine that if a coin went up in value extremely fast then another coin could do the same and people want to hold their coins in the case that happens, in a sense they are not really treating their tokens as investments they are treating them as lottery tickets.

And they are expecting that they have chosen the right coin but we know that the only coin that is worth to hold for the long term is bitcoin and no other coin, if you invested in an altcoin you should always be ready to get rid of it or you could face losses as big as 90%.
cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 07:04:07 AM

The portfolio I created is very simple to hold several altcoin ETH, LTC, BNB and Credits. The reason is that I didn't really take part in other altcoin projects that were better and I often used the project so I looked for something that was quite safe.
BartS

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 04:18:06 AM

The portfolio I created is very simple to hold several altcoin ETH, LTC, BNB and Credits. The reason is that I didn't really take part in other altcoin projects that were better and I often used the project so I looked for something that was quite safe.
Not a bad strategy, most of the newbies I have talked about this topic seem to have the idea that you need a complex strategy and a need to hold many different coins to profit from this market, they seem to think that a complex strategy is somehow better than a simple one.

And the opposite is the truth, the more coins that you have the more time you will need to dedicate to manage your portfolio, time that could be better used for something more productive, while a simple portfolio will allow you to manage it in minutes even when the market conditions are chaotic.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 01:32:18 AM

For me, the most valuable cryptocurrency to hold is Bitcoin, and then there are only a few altcoins that deserve a long term holding, like Ethereum, BNB, and LTC. I am not holding so many tokens actually, because the market is red and it is better to sell tokens whenever the price reach a good level.
Red market always makes investors psychic panic and if they do not have enough confidence when trading, it is best to sit still because this market is very volatile. I think only holding the top 10 coins available in this market and carefully considering before making decisions because each decision will directly affect your wallet in this market.

Also, you should join some IEO projects to make a profit as this is also the fastest way to make money but the risk may be higher than holding some good coins.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
mercedes321 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 02:48:11 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2020, 03:16:57 PM by mercedes321

added to Btmx, evrything beting on thi sone, very good ROI for stacking aprox 41% in Tether per year...

i cant help my selve to not go full in coin that produce direct cash, simply irresistable.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/JZoXDPTy

mercedes321 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 12:07:58 PM

made an FA analise of BTC for year 2020, find me better!

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/g1Twhjno-FA-BTC-2020/
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 12:36:15 PM

Even i know that it is risky to hold an exchange coin like bnb, i believe that bnb is still the one that to be hold. because binance platform managed to stay popular during that long bear time period. And also managed to keep strength of bnb all the time.

turn the page
BartS

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 02:41:59 AM

Also, you should join some IEO projects to make a profit as this is also the fastest way to make money but the risk may be higher than holding some good coins.
No, ieos, icos or whatever they call themselves in the future are the fastest ways to lose your money, I know that if you are lucky you are going to make a lot of money, but what are the chances you are going to be one of those that get profits?

And those chances are very low, just look at the market and see how most of the coins are scams and how only 5% of the traders get any profits, so do not invest in those coins and only invest in bitcoin and maybe in ethereum as well.
junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 04:00:39 AM

No, ieos, icos or whatever they call themselves in the future are the fastest ways to lose your money, I know that if you are lucky you are going to make a lot of money, but what are the chances you are going to be one of those that get profits?

And those chances are very low, just look at the market and see how most of the coins are scams and how only 5% of the traders get any profits, so do not invest in those coins and only invest in bitcoin and maybe in ethereum as well.
You are too hypocritical to say that ICO and IEO are bad and lead to fraud and loss. those who do ICO or IEO are new projects. need time to develop and compete in the market. there is nothing wrong if a new project has difficulty in overcoming the market because their community is not yet very strong. don't compare with bitcoin and ethereum. even bitcoin and ethereum have also experienced difficult times like most of the new coins that are present in the market. they are not necessarily present in a big situation.

adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 03:53:50 AM

You are too hypocritical to say that ICO and IEO are bad and lead to fraud and loss. those who do ICO or IEO are new projects. need time to develop and compete in the market. there is nothing wrong if a new project has difficulty in overcoming the market because their community is not yet very strong. don't compare with bitcoin and ethereum. even bitcoin and ethereum have also experienced difficult times like most of the new coins that are present in the market. they are not necessarily present in a big situation.

The majority of the ICO's and IEO's are scams or pump and dump schemes. I've never really seen the appeal of them to be honest. Usually all I ever see from them is coin will release, hit the market, then the price will tank almost immediately and it never be worth anything. They're just too risky of an investment for me, but if they work for you, then stick with whatever works I suppose. However, I would recommend new people stay away from ICO's and IEO's
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 02:54:11 PM

added to Btmx, evrything beting on thi sone, very good ROI for stacking aprox 41% in Tether per year...

i cant help my selve to not go full in coin that produce direct cash, simply irresistable.

Not a good idea my friend,,, trust me. I have done all kinds of interest bearing coins including Proof of stake. Even if you get all those percentages, the value in US dollar will drop, so you will end up with a lot more coins, but same US dollar value. And then good luck finding people willing to buy your amount of coins in the bulk volume you have.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mercedes321 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 01:17:37 PM

nah, i will invest so much i will trigger bull run and coin will do x3, x4 plus i will earn from stacking aprox 20% per year, bcs stacking revenue goes down if coin moves up,..

just watch

btmx was top 10 coin performer in 2019, i expect to be top 10 in year 2020 as well, bcs they offer margin on native token, and if bulls do what i do, it will fly once again, just not x15 like last year, probably just x4 and stabilize x2-x3 till the end of year
BartS

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 03:44:38 AM

You are right I should not compare bitcoin to those awful coins that try to convince people that they need tens of millions of dollars just to develop a buggy wallet that will not work most of the time and their coin is nothing more but a copy of another failed project.

Bitcoin never went through an ico and it has been the best investment option in the world since it was created, icos and ieos are terrible investments and for 95% of investors they are going to lead to huge losses.
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:54:19 AM

my current portfolio:
40% ONT
60% BTMX

reason for ONT:

reason for BTMX

future plans:

well, I'd hope that you sold your BTMX and ONT in April last year. bcz in that time, those coin were in high price
if you hold until now, maybe youll lose chance to sell in high price

I think, Bitcoin is one and only one the best coin to be your HODL portofolio
especailly when you decide to HODL for long time. it is suitable for your investment plan.
mercedes321 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 05:27:36 PM

my current portfolio:
40% ONT
60% BTMX

reason for ONT:

reason for BTMX

future plans:

well, I'd hope that you sold your BTMX and ONT in April last year. bcz in that time, those coin were in high price
if you hold until now, maybe youll lose chance to sell in high price

I think, Bitcoin is one and only one the best coin to be your HODL portofolio
especailly when you decide to HODL for long time. it is suitable for your investment plan.
what i did is irelevant, did catch BTMX, lost on ont stacking, and zec mining, and futures at binance,...now im fully loaded on btmx again (small on neo, eth, xtz, dash) (staying away from high leveraged brokers like bitmex and binance etc...), waiting that bull run in crypto patiently ...anyway i agree on btc, still think it will be alts first then btc like in 2019 Smiley https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ZqOvnprz-9666-first-then-dip-then-12-6k/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: