Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Tips] Three indicators help to find out potential scam PoS/ Masternode projects  (Read 170 times)
lobcmt2 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:13:57 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2019, 12:11:41 PM by lobcmt2

You can agree or disagree with my tips.
You can use my tips or not, it totally depends on your stance, and your decision.

For me, I think that one of the quickest and easiest way to investigate potential scam projects, especially the hybrid Masternodes/ Proof-of-stake ones, is looking at the OP profile.
On OP's profile pages, what do we should pay attention on?

Three things:
First, total postcount or activity count.
If weeks, or months later the publishing days of OPs, postcount or activity count is too low, or terribly only 1.
It's the best signal to conclude that they are probably scam projects.

Second, last active day of OPs.
If weeks, or months later the publishing days of OPs, they turn into inactive for too long period, weeks, or months of continous inactive.
It is one more indicator of scam projects.

Three, volume.
They often have extremely high volume as well as price during early days after listed on exchanges, then dropped considerably within next days or weeks .

Together, these three indicators: postcount/ activity count; last active day; and terrible fastly falls of volume and price help us to easily identify scam projects.

I known that there are obviously other ways to find out, but if only three indicators are enough to identify scam PoS/ MN projects, I don't see reasons to dig deeper with other indicators. We should not make it too complicated and waste our time.

I give you a list of examples for you:
1) Masternode Browsing coin
2) X-Nella
3) Crypto Rescue coin
4) MN tracker
5) Food Chain

I don't judge those 5 above are scam projects, it is your own judgement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:27:30 AM

This three indicators you mentioned are not new to us really,scammers have used them in the past and even at this point they are getting more sophisticated than all this.
There are many indicators that flag off a scam attempt,this are just the basic ones that everyone should already be conversant with
lobcmt2 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 08:30:12 AM

This three indicators you mentioned are not new to us really,scammers have used them in the past and even at this point they are getting more sophisticated than all this.
There are many indicators that flag off a scam attempt,this are just the basic ones that everyone should already be conversant with
It is why I said these three indicators help us quickly and easily finding scam PoS/ MN projects.
Please remember, they are helpful for PoS/ MN projects, that are abundantly launched, nearly every day.

I don't mention about ICOs, and there are so many helpful topics on scam ICOs investigations. You should find them by your interest.
greenlanternlight01
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:44:17 PM

For a kinda decent scammer the posts counter and last post can be easily get into optimal engagement from the OP. It's not really that hard to keep posting if you want someone to fall for your scam and get his money  Grin Grin I'm not saying that's the right thing to do but it certainly can be done and make you think there is a big hype on that project.

NOT a masternode/PoS related but here is an example of a lazy scammer to make a good health laugh
https://cointelegraph.com/news/fake-website-mimicking-bakkt-platform-fails-to-scam-crypto-community

The new scam has evidently failed, with the Bitcoin address querying for investments accounting for zero transactions as of press time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: