Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Bitcointalk Sites Be Safe !!!  (Read 475 times)
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:22:37 AM

-snip-
I try to search with my own google and the result showing the right Bitcointalk site. the reason why OP got result went he search with Google because he already visits the phishing site after that his browser save the Cookies that's why the site keeps showing on the first place. Bookmarking always a good recommendation for an important link but sometimes the hacker can make hack the DNS and redirect us to the fake site ( This also happen on MEW ). I have some other method for making different between real Bitcointalk with fake Bitcointalk. My bitcointalk account always Login Forever went i visit bitcointalk and my account not on Login Phase thats mean i visiting the fake Bitcointalk, and make me checking first for the site before i login. these methods always help me.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 03:46:09 PM

Beware!!!!

It seems that the .to phishing version of Bitcointalk is back online today, after being down for a few months. That is likely one of the main sources for hacked accounts around here.
The crazy thing is that it now displays a gambling site popup screen, which is obviously not forum policy. Data is nearly up-to-date with forum, and is barely a day off.

I never ventured to try to log onto the .to site before, but for the sake of it, I tried now with fake data. What it does is capture your login/password, and then immediately redirect you to the proper .org version of the forum, where you are back to the login screen. The impression you get is that you are on the correct site, but suffered a connection glitch that made the site ask you for your credentials twice. The fuckers …
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:44:01 AM

Whoever created that ".to" looks like the hacker of most of those complains that their accounts were hacked.

That ".to" almost make me a victim, someone PMed me here and idk what's on me, I clicked that link and it direct me to log in details that me get suspicious since my account never got log out here. I checked that url bar and boom, I quickly deleted the message. Damn that person, he almost got me.

It's really important to double check the link especially it's from stranger.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 10:41:34 AM

The annoying thing is that I always get the .to clone website in the first page of Google search results.
Fortunately it is down. I would be one of their victims since I open many tabs for websites I get from Google search results without checking the URL.
Bookmarking and adding suspecious websites to a block list is a good practice.
I suggest you implement this changes to your host file as stated in the first reply which help block the site and cannot be access anymore by simply following the guide provided in this quote below.

See the following site for instructions on how to open your hosts file on Windows, Mac or Linux: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Add the following line to the bottom of your hosts file:
Code:
0.0.0.0 bitcointalk.to
emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:11:55 PM

Also hacker can use  Keylogger Trojan  which easily can log every key log that you pressed on keyboard. After collecting enough data there are various tools for getting required data included login,passwords,coin seed and more vulnerable personal information.
That would be dangerous to get your data. About keylogger trojan, is it some sort of like a keylogger app but as a virus that will send the data collected from your computer?.
I guess it can be a virus, because keylogger is a computer program that can record every stroke by the user of the computer and aside from that this app can access your password and other personal information.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: