Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deposit and Withdrawal at the same time ??  (Read 155 times)
rispoli (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:45:47 PM

Hello guys

yesterday I went to the ATM to buy some BTC (0.110727 , around 434 USD). Suddenly, as soon as the funds were in the wallet, everything immediately went away at the very same time to this address: 1MaQgttXta9Nx7gRxAGaENKvibCsD83bXK .

So ... was I fooled by some scammer or ... ? I really don´t know what to do next. The ATM provider told me that everything is OK from their side.

Here you have the printscreen:

https://scontent.fprg2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52156575_2198019100527056_3104898520465801216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fprg2-1.fna&oh=cae4a789613124060e9d90f6a8556235&oe=5CF723CC

Thank you guys so very much for your feedback.

Cheers, Tom

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6989

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 06:58:23 PM

From where did you download Electrum?

Did you ever receive any popup message telling you to download an update from the wallet?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:02:07 PM

Everything seems to be fine from the side of the ATM operator since you received those coins. It looks like you used that wallet 3 years ago so I assume that you have generated it on your own. Was your PC powered on when you received this transaction? There was a bug which was fixed in Electrum 3.0.5 which allowed malicious websites to steal coins from passwordless wallets.
rispoli (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:11:54 PM

From where did you download Electrum?

Did you ever receive any popup message telling you to download an update from the wallet?

Everything seems to be fine from the side of the ATM operator since you received those coins. It looks like you used that wallet 3 years ago so I assume that you have generated it on your own. Was your PC powered on when you received this transaction? There was a bug which was fixed in Electrum 3.0.5 which allowed malicious websites to steal coins from passwordless wallets.

Well, no popup windows, nor any strange behaviour from my PC...

And of course, the downloaded wallet is from official Electrum.org.

I´m pretty sure that my Win7 Dell is very well protected... and it was powered on, I was controlling it remotely from my phone. Well, I assume that the most probable case is the bug-thing. Good to know...

Never ever gonna use Electrum anymore.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6989

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 07:13:46 PM

I´m pretty sure that my Win7 Dell is very well protected... and it was powered on, I was controlling it remotely from my phone. Well, I assume that the most probable case is the bug-thing. Good to know...

It's very unlikely that this is an issue with Electrum. But ok.

This is common behavior for users who downloaded an infected version of the wallet (receive coins and immediately have them sent to an unknown address - owned by the hacker), so you probably did something wrong somewhere.

There is also the fact that you were controlling it remotely. So, a lot of possibilities here.

My recommendation? Do a full reinstall of your OS and create a brand new wallet. Both are probably compromised.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:15:21 PM

It's not Electrum's fault that you haven't kept it up-to-date (now it notifies users about available updates). It looks like your computer has been infected with some kind of malware so I would recommend scanning it with Malwarebytes. Consider buying a hardware wallet. Even if your computer is compromised, your funds won't be spent without your knowledge (unless someone finds your seed or there is a bug which requires a physical access to the device).
rispoli (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 07:23:42 PM

It's very unlikely that this is an issue with Electrum. But ok.

This is common behavior for users who downloaded an infected version of the wallet (receive coins and immediately have them sent to an unknown address - owned by the hacker), so you probably did something wrong somewhere.

There is also the fact that you were controlling it remotely. So, a lot of possibilities here.

My recommendation? Do a full reinstall of your OS and create a brand new wallet. Both are probably compromised.

It's not Electrum's fault that you haven't kept it up-to-date (now it notifies users about available updates). It looks like your computer has been infected with some kind of malware so I would recommend scanning it with Malwarebytes. Consider buying a hardware wallet. Even if your computer is compromised, your funds won't be spent without your knowledge (unless someone finds your seed or there is a bug which requires a physical access to the device).

OK. Well thank you all guys for the tips and advices. Will do...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: