Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:14:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't they legalize mushrooms next?  (Read 2788 times)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:07:02 PM

Mushrooms give a lot of trouble.

Weed is legal here and mushrooms were, but too many students and tourists used them without proper knowledge and after eating them, many jumped out of a window because they felt they should..

i listened to alt-rock on them.  I don't see what the problem is   Shocked
The problem is that some people react to them differently and usually lethally. 

that's ridiculous
Such an elaborate argument. Wow... Anyways, psychoactive drugs can often cause psychosis leading to inadequate actions, sometimes lethal. Overdose is also a possibility.

backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:25:10 PM

Weed is legal here and mushrooms were, but too many students and tourists used them without proper knowledge and after eating them, many jumped out of a window because they felt they should..

that's ridiculous
Such an elaborate argument. Wow... Anyways, psychoactive drugs can often cause psychosis leading to inadequate actions, sometimes lethal. Overdose is also a possibility.

Got more chance of dieing reading this post than you have with magic mushrooms  Roll Eyes

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:33:30 PM

Got more chance of dieing reading this post than you have with magic mushrooms  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:33:54 PM

that's ridiculous

You said said using it was usually lethal which is clearly nonsense. Also "overdose" is not a possibility. The substance isn't poisonous even if ingested in very large amounts.

You simply do not know what you are talking about. How about showing us some studies that show the lethality of psychedelic mushrooms? Not one credible study will back your claims up.

backtrackit

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:39:22 PM

Explain how then? You guys make me laugh bet ya never even tried them.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:47:41 PM

Why you miserable clowns don't do a minimum of research before talking ?

How dare you talk about things you don't know ?

Do you even Google ?

E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

they are not going to and will never legalize mushrooms, marijuana is legal in some places though and its totally legal everywhere with a medical prescription i guess cuz its prescribed for those who suffers from too much stress and for those who suffers from sleep disorders !!! Smiley
ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:14:31 PM

How dare you talk about things you don't know ?
Wow, just wow. Assuming problems in one country are a reflection for other countries. What is your point exactly?
Should we in your opinion just ignore the fact that people get bad trips and kill themselves because there are other drugs causing problems as well? How small minded Wink

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

It is bad. It should stay illegal.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coinpharmer

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:43:02 PM

mushrooms are legal enough, sure you cant buy any kind you want in stores, but you can buy many online that are legal and psycoactive online.

and they are very easy to grow, and very fun at that! I learned a ton about the world around me growing mushrooms, and gained a respect for nature I did not have before. mushrooms also taught me to NOT grow them, and I respect the fact they are illegal. I think anyone who wants them is best off growing them for themselves and learning what they have to teach. besides, after you grow them you will find many more who are willing to talk about growing them and you will no longer have to try as hard to find them, if you dont learn how to find them in nature.
coinpharmer

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:49:21 PM

Explain how then? You guys make me laugh bet ya never even tried them.

I dont know about how easy it is to die from mushrooms, but I know Ive never woken up (thankful I DID wake up..) shaking/rocking back and forth with a mouth full of fluid and curled into a ball reading a forum post.  that day is pretty scairy in hindsight but was a wicked cool trip at the time.. was in a totally differant world something like the room xavior built in the x-men movie
ledmaniak

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

@HorseCoin

Like with all of these things: depends on your country.

For some reason, only africans consume quat in many countries. Not sure why.. Thought is was part of their history.

HorseCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:53:19 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 12:57:39 PM by HorseCoin

@HorseCoin

Like with all of these things: depends on your country.

For some reason, only africans consume quat in many countries. Not sure why.. Thought is was part of their history.

yeah i read how people in 2 states (Alaska and Missouri) were charged with distributing it.  nothing on possession or usage though!!
ledmaniak

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:04:43 PM

Bath salts seem to work pretty good as well Cheesy

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

Wow, just wow. Assuming problems in one country are a reflection for other countries. What is your point exactly?
Should we in your opinion just ignore the fact that people get bad trips and kill themselves because there are other drugs causing problems as well? How small minded Wink

No, you should stop ignoring the fact that making a substance illegal doesn't stop people from using said substance; otherwise, every single drug on that list which is illegal should have no data available, assuming laws were effective in stopping people from taking drugs.

Which it isn't.  All it does is make it very dangerous for people trying to self-medicate prior trauma and makes further victims out of victims.  Instead of prosecuting these people, why don't you offer to help them?  Why do you advocate the use of violence against them?  How does putting a person in jail or handing them a hefty fine somehow, in your mind, equate to help?  If they suicide any other way, do you feel good knowing they, at least, did not die because of overdose?  Does the threat of any of this mean the individual will somehow get the help needed?  Because the evidence says otherwise.

Feel free to stop feigning empathy for overdose victims.

coinpharmer

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

No, you should stop ignoring the fact that making a substance illegal doesn't stop people from using said substance; otherwise, every single drug on that list which is illegal should have no data available, assuming laws were effective in stopping people from taking drugs.

Which it isn't.  All it does is make it very dangerous for people trying to self-medicate prior trauma and makes further victims out of victims.  Instead of prosecuting these people, why don't you offer to help them?  Why do you advocate the use of violence against them?  How does putting a person in jail or handing them a hefty fine somehow, in your mind, equate to help?  If they suicide any other way, do you feel good knowing they, at least, did not die because of overdose?  Does the threat of any of this mean the individual will somehow get the help needed?  Because the evidence says otherwise.

Feel free to stop feigning empathy for overdose victims.

I know that every place is differant, but around these parts, the only way for law enforcement to mess with you over mushies is if youve got large amounts and are clearly distributing them. its fine for them to stay classified as they are, since spores are legal, and whoever needs them for self medicating should just grow their own. the growing process is more rewarding than casually walking into a store and buying some mushies to trip on, ahem, medicate with.

I think the system in place (for mushies atleast) is fine.

If were talking about all drugs in general, Id have to agree with you. nothing stops people from getting what they want (think heroin) and nothing will stop them from getting a (unpure) product. in the case of chemical drugs Id advocate large state ran labs. This would save 1000's of lives per year, and stop untold amounts of damage to the environment caused by inproper disposal of reagents and irresponsible sourcing of regents.
It would also remove the fear of getting help to end peoples addiction because they are scaired of incriminating themselves as drug users.

I guess Id amend my position of saying mushies should be kept illegal , and say it should be completely decriminalized, not sold in stores, and only put people in jail for distribution.
only sell chemical drugs in stores (with taxation) and put all buyers on lists keeping track in a database the purchasing amounts and regular talks with a counselor for people who use more than X% above average, and other checks for high freqency buyers to ensure they are not distributing to others including minors.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:42:54 AM

IMO whatever people do with their lives is their choice. Who wants a man with a badge to tell him what's good for him, what he should eat, drink, smoke or inhale? Only a mindless sheep, and that's what I see when someone shouts "make it illegal".

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:44:27 AM

People aren't gonna sell their bodies for them, like they do with crack.  cause they are MIND-EXPANDING  Grin

Sorry, Charlie!

People want what they want and will do whatever it takes to get it.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:07:02 AM

People aren't gonna sell their bodies for them, like they do with crack.  cause they are MIND-EXPANDING  Grin

Peaceful happy people who question the need for War are a threat to the system.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:31:25 PM

that's ridiculous

You said said using it was usually lethal which is clearly nonsense. Also "overdose" is not a possibility. The substance isn't poisonous even if ingested in very large amounts.

You simply do not know what you are talking about. How about showing us some studies that show the lethality of psychedelic mushrooms? Not one credible study will back your claims up.

I mentioned the lethality of actions during the intoxication, during a trip, especially during a bad one. Also did I say I meant a lethal overdose? A non lethal overdose is possible causing negative effects for multiple hours both for you and anyone surounding you. Google and you'll see articles regarding this.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: