Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:53:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't they legalize mushrooms next?  (Read 2784 times)
Mobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

ummmm, they kill people Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:13:49 PM

ummmm, they kill people Undecided

The thread isn't about deadly poison musgrooms.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:32:17 PM

The truth as to why mushrooms and LSD are illegal is not because they are harmful.  Nor is it because people take them and jump out of windows or run across highways.  No.  The reason they are illegal is very simple.  They connect you to a universal consciousness, they connect you to others.  They allow you to see life from a new perspective rather than the one the government has indoctrinated into society for your whole life.

LSD is less toxic than vitamin c.  More people die from aspirin than all illegal drugs combined.  They are not illegal for your health, if you did not know this before, it becomes blatantly obvious when cannabis is illegal and has killed zero people throughout thousands of years of use while at the same time treats and cures dozens of diseases.

The answer is very simple.  Psychedelics threaten our greed based society.  They threaten corrupt power structures and war.

The government would prefer to feed you cigarettes and alcohol, the former being laced with toxic chemicals and causing 500,000 deaths per year, the later numbing the mind's ability to critically think whilst causing 150,000 deaths per year.

They'd prefer to synthesize their own versions of medicines that only attempt to mimic the perfected plants found in nature.

They'd prefer to feed you radiation that kills more people than it heals in sight of a tumor.

Why?

This answer is also very simple.  Money and power.  There is no money to be made relative to the trillion dollar pharmaceutical industry if people were growing their own medicine.  There is no trillion dollar oil industry if people could grow biofuel with hemp.  There is no government to control if people could freely explore their minds and form a more advanced society that operated off love rather than fear and greed.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
backtrackit

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:05:50 PM

This answer is also very simple.  Money and power.  There is no money to be made relative to the trillion dollar pharmaceutical industry if people were growing their own medicine.  There is no trillion dollar oil industry if people could grow biofuel with hemp.  There is no government to control if people could freely explore their minds and form a more advanced society that operated off love rather than fear and greed.

Aint that the truth +1

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:59:26 PM

Mushrooms are legal. You can even buy them at Walmart.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

Never done muchrooms but some day I'd like to give them a try.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:05:49 PM

(Trying to break the chain quote)
@backtrackit: Any specific examples of such drugs?

Nicotine highly addictive and is usually inhaled by smoking tobacco. Think we all know that it slowly kills you

Synthetic Marijuana legal in most parts of the world - kills people and is stupidly addictive

Salvia divinorum - more intense than mushrooms but the effects don't last as long

Datura - easy to OD and dangerous to use without a sitter

Hope that's enough Smiley...I know nicotine won't cause immediate harm to the user or anyone else but worth mentioning since it does kill a lot of people.

Nicotine does change behavior. Synthetic cannabis are illegal in many big countries or are in a so called legal grey area. Same for Salvia divinorum: some states in the US passed lawas against it, some haven't mostly due to the fact it isn't widely used unlike shrooms. Datura is a herb growing naturally without interaction of people and due to it's mass toxicity again isn't widely used.

So if it's not widely used it's ok then lol. Jesus the ignorance must be bliss...do you think magic mushrooms don't exist in a natural habitat? Do you also think they would be widely used ? They grow all over the world you know  Roll Eyes
Legalization or prohibition of drugs are only possible if the majority agrees. Since the majority doesn't use such drug nor they heard of it, they don't give a crap. If a couple of idiots OD nobody in the government cares, but if those idiots are only a few overdoses out of hundreds than the government gets pressure to ban it. We're not talking about if drugs are bad or good, we're talking why aren't they being legalized by the government and sorry to break it to you, but that how current governments work.

Regarding mushrooms, the Datura (unlike mushrooms which grow only in certain areas) grows like a parasite both in woodland and urban areas: it's everywhere, doesn't require human interaction to spread and can even grow in garbage dumps thus banning would be like banning trees. The other factor is that there is an extremely high OD rate with the Datura that usually outweighs the psychological effects.

"unlike mushrooms which grow only in certain areas" you mean like fields and woodlands ya know like datura and btw mushrooms don't need human interaction to spread, the wind does a pretty good job of that them spores travel miles on the smallest of winds animals help too.

Your just ignorant to the facts and now your argument is "Legalization or prohibition of drugs are only possible if the majority agrees" That is true but only because of ignorant people like who clearly never tried them and spout shit about it killing you.
I'm not spouting shit, I'm expressing my opinion unlike you who has to angrily comment on every post of mine to make an argument. The thing is, that the majority of people don't live in fields and woodland areas, they live in cities, urban areas and daturas grow there as well.

Regarding the legalization, I have my own opinion and many people do have the same one. And if the majority doesn't want  to see people tripping balls everywhere they go, deal with it. And if you can't live without such substances, move somewhere you do. I think the main reason people don't want to legalize it is the fact of the trip. Any drugs causing hallucinations (good or bad), that is altering how one sees reality, aren't taken upon lightly since any drug altering behavior causes psychological addictions. Another thing might be pushing the boundaries: allow weed, they demand shrooms; allow shrooms, they demand LSD and so on.

OMG when shrooms was legal where I am not once did I see anyone tripping balls everywhere they go  Roll Eyes. Some of the propaganda stuff you come out is laughable. psychological addictions don't happen with shrooms it's not possible to get addicted to them. You may have your opinion but it's not based on facts just fantasy propaganda...I don't take them anymore so don't need to move anywhere that and if I wanted too I could just grow them  Roll Eyes
Any substance which brings pleasure or enhances/modifies/stimulates the brain or the nervous system to the person using it will develop a psychological addiction (even with no physical addction possible). That includes a lot of stuff: sugar, coffee, drugs, especially psychedelics since they stimulate the brain the most thus yielding such effects. In summary, your body might not demand it, but your mind will. As I read up, the most common form of addiction is complete tolerance:
Complete tolerance (where no amount of psilocybin can produce the desired effects) can develop within several days of continued use.

Such could lead to consumption of bigger amounts of the drug to reach the desired effects. Which, well... will make you broke unless you grow big farms of them. Aside from that, due to the fact they weren't properly researched, any negative, long lasting effects aren't known. However:

Although the effects associated with the long-term use of psilocybin have not been studied, the use of psilocybin has been associated with:

Psychosis. Some people have developed prolonged psychosis resembling paranoid schizophrenia. Psychosis is a mental disorder that affects the personality and is characterized by a loss of touch with reality.

Heroin also used to be legal and used in medicine for migraine. However when people researched it they banned it. The governments now don't want to make the same mistake and wait until multiple creditable studies show that there are no long lasting harmful effects.

Quotes from: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-sante/addiction/mushrooms-champignons-eng.php

P.S. Your angry ramble really makes you sound childish. Cheesy Try to talk in a neutral mood even when your countering my "propaganda stuff" Smiley

backtrackit

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:18:11 PM

"Any substance which brings pleasure or enhances/modifies/stimulates the brain or the nervous system to the person using it will develop a psychological addiction (even with no physical addction possible). That includes a lot of stuff: sugar, coffee, drugs, especially psychedelics since they stimulate the brain the most thus yielding such effects. In summary, your body might not demand it, but your mind will. As I read up, the most common form of addiction is complete tolerance"

You cannot get addicted to mushrooms not even psychologically. You have no idea on the effects but yet choose to spread your propaganda.

Please do us all a favor and try them just once...

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

The truth as to why mushrooms and LSD are illegal is not because they are harmful.  Nor is it because people take them and jump out of windows or run across highways.  No.  The reason they are illegal is very simple.  They connect you to a universal consciousness, they connect you to others.  They allow you to see life from a new perspective rather than the one the government has indoctrinated into society for your whole life.
LSD is less toxic than vitamin c.  More people die from aspirin than all illegal drugs combined.  They are not illegal for your health, if you did not know this before, it becomes blatantly obvious when cannabis is illegal and has killed zero people throughout thousands of years of use while at the same time treats and cures dozens of diseases.
The answer is very simple.  Psychedelics threaten our greed based society.  They threaten corrupt power structures and war.
The government would prefer to feed you cigarettes and alcohol, the former being laced with toxic chemicals and causing 500,000 deaths per year, the later numbing the mind's ability to critically think whilst causing 150,000 deaths per year.
They'd prefer to synthesize their own versions of medicines that only attempt to mimic the perfected plants found in nature.
They'd prefer to feed you radiation that kills more people than it heals in sight of a tumor.
Why?

Absolutely.
+1
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:44:22 PM

Why?

Absolutely.
+1

There is nothing wrong with "greed"; The problem is mixing greed with central Gov power.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:27:41 PM

(Trying to break the chain quote)
@backtrackit: Any specific examples of such drugs?

Nicotine highly addictive and is usually inhaled by smoking tobacco. Think we all know that it slowly kills you

Synthetic Marijuana legal in most parts of the world - kills people and is stupidly addictive

Salvia divinorum - more intense than mushrooms but the effects don't last as long

Datura - easy to OD and dangerous to use without a sitter

Hope that's enough Smiley...I know nicotine won't cause immediate harm to the user or anyone else but worth mentioning since it does kill a lot of people.

Nicotine does change behavior. Synthetic cannabis are illegal in many big countries or are in a so called legal grey area. Same for Salvia divinorum: some states in the US passed lawas against it, some haven't mostly due to the fact it isn't widely used unlike shrooms. Datura is a herb growing naturally without interaction of people and due to it's mass toxicity again isn't widely used.

So if it's not widely used it's ok then lol. Jesus the ignorance must be bliss...do you think magic mushrooms don't exist in a natural habitat? Do you also think they would be widely used ? They grow all over the world you know  Roll Eyes
Legalization or prohibition of drugs are only possible if the majority agrees. Since the majority doesn't use such drug nor they heard of it, they don't give a crap. If a couple of idiots OD nobody in the government cares, but if those idiots are only a few overdoses out of hundreds than the government gets pressure to ban it. We're not talking about if drugs are bad or good, we're talking why aren't they being legalized by the government and sorry to break it to you, but that how current governments work.

Regarding mushrooms, the Datura (unlike mushrooms which grow only in certain areas) grows like a parasite both in woodland and urban areas: it's everywhere, doesn't require human interaction to spread and can even grow in garbage dumps thus banning would be like banning trees. The other factor is that there is an extremely high OD rate with the Datura that usually outweighs the psychological effects.

"unlike mushrooms which grow only in certain areas" you mean like fields and woodlands ya know like datura and btw mushrooms don't need human interaction to spread, the wind does a pretty good job of that them spores travel miles on the smallest of winds animals help too.

Your just ignorant to the facts and now your argument is "Legalization or prohibition of drugs are only possible if the majority agrees" That is true but only because of ignorant people like who clearly never tried them and spout shit about it killing you.
I'm not spouting shit, I'm expressing my opinion unlike you who has to angrily comment on every post of mine to make an argument. The thing is, that the majority of people don't live in fields and woodland areas, they live in cities, urban areas and daturas grow there as well.

Regarding the legalization, I have my own opinion and many people do have the same one. And if the majority doesn't want  to see people tripping balls everywhere they go, deal with it. And if you can't live without such substances, move somewhere you do. I think the main reason people don't want to legalize it is the fact of the trip. Any drugs causing hallucinations (good or bad), that is altering how one sees reality, aren't taken upon lightly since any drug altering behavior causes psychological addictions. Another thing might be pushing the boundaries: allow weed, they demand shrooms; allow shrooms, they demand LSD and so on.

OMG when shrooms was legal where I am not once did I see anyone tripping balls everywhere they go  Roll Eyes. Some of the propaganda stuff you come out is laughable. psychological addictions don't happen with shrooms it's not possible to get addicted to them. You may have your opinion but it's not based on facts just fantasy propaganda...I don't take them anymore so don't need to move anywhere that and if I wanted too I could just grow them  Roll Eyes
Any substance which brings pleasure or enhances/modifies/stimulates the brain or the nervous system to the person using it will develop a psychological addiction (even with no physical addction possible). That includes a lot of stuff: sugar, coffee, drugs, especially psychedelics since they stimulate the brain the most thus yielding such effects. In summary, your body might not demand it, but your mind will. As I read up, the most common form of addiction is complete tolerance:
Complete tolerance (where no amount of psilocybin can produce the desired effects) can develop within several days of continued use.

Such could lead to consumption of bigger amounts of the drug to reach the desired effects. Which, well... will make you broke unless you grow big farms of them. Aside from that, due to the fact they weren't properly researched, any negative, long lasting effects aren't known. However:

Although the effects associated with the long-term use of psilocybin have not been studied, the use of psilocybin has been associated with:

Psychosis. Some people have developed prolonged psychosis resembling paranoid schizophrenia. Psychosis is a mental disorder that affects the personality and is characterized by a loss of touch with reality.

Heroin also used to be legal and used in medicine for migraine. However when people researched it they banned it. The governments now don't want to make the same mistake and wait until multiple creditable studies show that there are no long lasting harmful effects.

Quotes from: http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-sante/addiction/mushrooms-champignons-eng.php

P.S. Your angry ramble really makes you sound childish. Cheesy Try to talk in a neutral mood even when your countering my "propaganda stuff" Smiley

Sorry but that's just not how psychedelics work.  The day after you trip you think, well I'm not doing that again for a while.  Because the experience increases your sensory input so extensively and is not desirable to repeat constantly.

Very few people can use them daily and if they are using it daily it's not because they are addicted or seeking a high, it's because they are seeking self evolvement.  I'm sure Jimi Hendrix pulled this off.  I've gone for over three weeks within one month once, but I can tell you that there was no chemical dependency drawing me towards it, I was simply seeking to evolve myself into my best shape spiritual/physical/musical being.  Which it helped significantly with.  Again, very few people can do this or even want to.  In general, psychedelics are such an experience that people don't want to try them again for a while.

Sugar and caffeine are far more addictive than psychedelics.  Psychedelics truly have negative addiction properties though some are experienced enough to repeat as they have already found the answers and have grown to handle the increased sensory input you incur.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Carl Quesadilla

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:35:00 PM

shh!!! don't tell people the secret or they were understand WITHOUT mushrooms??   Shocked
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 07:38:53 PM

(Breaking the annoying chain quote)
@Dank: For you, there may not be any addictions, but some guy might be taking shrooms day in, day out. It really differs on an individual level. Some with a stronger willpower can resist even physical addictions and some go nuts after tasting a teaspoon of sugar. Such differences in effects are the main scare for governments to take any action in legalizing psychedelic mushrooms.

backtrackit

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:42:16 PM

@Dank: For you, there may not be any addictions, but some guy might be taking shrooms day in, day out. It really differs on an individual level. Some with a stronger willpower can resist even physical addictions and some go nuts after tasting a teaspoon of sugar. Such differences in effects are the main scare for governments to take any action in legalizing psychedelic mushrooms.

No it's not just him NOBODY gets addicted to mushrooms.

And also you are more likely to get addicted to Alcohol...addiction has nothing to do with mushrooms been illegal.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:03:50 PM

That really doesn't happen.  You have to really push yourself to trip everyday, the chemical does not push you.

mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:05:54 PM

That really doesn't happen.  You have to really push yourself to trip everyday, the chemical does not push you.

Yeah, although sometimes it can be pleasurable that's not really the point of it. It's not like doing blow or something you do to make yourself feel good. It's more like a mental exploration and sometimes that can take a lot out of a person.

You wouldn't want to do it all of the time, in other words.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:42:25 AM

No one would like to trip everyday. It would be fucked up. You don't know how exhausting it is mentally and physically.
The more you trip, the more exhausted you are and the more likely you will experience a bad trip which is similar to experience torture.
You have to be a mental-masochist to use psychedelic often.

It is not addictive.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:20:23 PM

And also you are more likely to get addicted to Alcohol...addiction has nothing to do with mushrooms been illegal.
Then in your opinion, what would be th reasons it's illegal? And I mean real reasons, not conspiracy theories that governments don't want us to understand blah blah blah...

backtrackit

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:29:07 PM

Then in your opinion, what would be th reasons it's illegal? And I mean real reasons, not conspiracy theories that governments don't want us to understand blah blah blah...

Honestly I don't know the true reasons but suspect it's to try and gain votes from the unwise or as some sort of political aspect. You have to admit it makes the politicians look good when they say this is bad for you, make up several reasons why it is bad (even when evidence supports otherwise) and then make it illegal saying its for your own safety and continue to spread propaganda about said drug making out they have our best intentions at heart.

When all that they really want is your vote and to stay in power.

DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:37:14 PM

Mushrooms and weed are natural products.
Making them illegal is like saying god made a mistake.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: