Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:20:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The mind of a HODLer  (Read 473 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 09:50:47 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2019, 03:00:09 PM by Jet Cash

I've stepped back to review my attitudes and abilities. I missed out on all the profits available in the recent price increases, and I doubt if I made more than £100 profits from my trading account. The HODL account still has not had any withdrawals, so that is reaping the benefits of course. I think my problem is that I tried to maximise my trading profits, and as a result I seem to have kept missing the chance to reap small profits. I seemed to keep misreading the market, and trying to buy too low, and sell too high.

It looks as if we will be starting a nice bull run this year, so I'm going to try a different approach. Instead of trying to predict the bottom in a correction, I'm going to say "this is a good time to buy", and then try to buy at the current level. I'll take a similar approach to selling. If it looks as if I have misread the market, and have made a short term loss, then I will just move the Bitcoin into my HODL account, and replenish the trading account with fiat. I've missed too many bull runs because I had an open order at too low a price. I've just cancelled a buy order at £3,200 because the current price is around £4,400. I don't use any gearing, so I don't have any prospects of losses. This assumes that the long term prospects for Bitcoin are bullish of course.

[Alternative coins]

I've also been looking at a few other coins for HODLing. There are three that I've been able to collect for no investment, and these are BAT ( Basic Attention Token ), Steem and Bit Blocks. BAT looks to be the best of these, and it is linked to the Brave Browser. If you are thinking of using the Brave browser, then click on the affiliate link for your favourite Bitcoin Talk member, and you will collect a few starter coins.

[My new buying position]

I think we may have a correction soon, so I've opened a buy position at £4,301. I suspect it will go lower than that in the short term, but I'm a bit fed up with missing out all the time, and I believe that we will have a strong bull run later this year, or even this month.
Another update - that buying order closed at about £2 above the low of the day. It will be interesting to see how the price moves now. I still think it could drop a bit more tomorrow or Monday, so maybe I should top up my account with a bit more fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Django05_

Activity: 403
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 02:27:13 PM

HODLers are real believers and understand technology better

Not entirely true that hodlers believe in technology behind every projects, it is that it might bring profits in the future that’s why hold it. Not every hodler is a believer.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:08:39 AM

Well here we are with yet another exchange hacking. This time it is $40million from Binance, and it is well worth reminding Crypto owners of the oft repeated statement -
If you don't own your private keys, then you don't own your coins

I've made a small profit on CoinBase, and I'm going to move the coins into my Core wallet. I'm comfortable with using CoinBase, but I still think it is better to control my own money. I ws going to take the profit, as I think Bitcoin is due to pull back a bit, but I missed the start of the drop. I'm moving the coins into savings, as I think Bitcoin has a strong future, and I'll top up my account with some fiat. That way I can take advantage of the next rise in the price.

I'm also going to start using Bitcoin to buy a few things online. If I'm sensible with my CoinBase wallet management, I will be able to get a bit of a price reduction if I'm careful with my coin purchases.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: