Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit is dead. Is there any better alternative?  (Read 1152 times)
Masyudhi

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:34:59 PM

I just found out the news about steemint is dead, but still calm there are still many alternative ways to publish articles , like wordpres, golos and blogsport , the three providers did not request payment at all

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 12:40:35 PM

I can't answer that question if steemit  is still functioning or if is dead because I can't even remember my log in information again but I think LinkedIn is better alternative.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 01:00:07 PM

I don't think they are dead, at least not yet. Yes, they are struggling because of this bearish market that has been happen for so long. And I think that is why they fired some of their employee, but I when they still have contributor and community that still write on their site, they are not dead yet. I can't find any alternatives for steemit until now, I think it's the only crypto sites that actually pay you for writing/contributing. (besides bitcointalk.org of course).

mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 01:11:43 PM

I looked on Google for results and most people think like you. If you are looking for alternative, do not know the projects that have the same system. But, if you want to ''write articles'', you can try the medium.
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:17:48 PM

Steemit is a blogging platform that i have been actively using for some time now and I can categorically say that it seems like some of the algorithms have been altered, newbies no longer get the same type of minnow support they used to and upvotes are having a lot lesser value than they used to.

I know the bear market has played a big role in this but decentralized projects that wants to disrupt a particular system shouldn't be threatened by negative bear markets.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:58:54 PM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?
Steemit is dying because of it’s platform design, it is one thing to build a blockchain and another to build a user friendly blockchain, this is why bitcoin adoption will never seize because of its simplicity.

We need to stop focusing on  just building a blockchain but building something that interacts very good with users.
You can get example from facebook and youtube, very easy to use, so why will anyone want to leave facebook to use steemit even am been paid ?
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:00:31 PM

I have no doubt about Steemit recovery. They have created something really big and all the troubles are caused by a bearish market. We need to wait for a little bit more time to see improvements and the market trend change.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 07:12:19 PM

Steemit died with the introduction of voting bots. It was against the whole idea of steemit. The basic idea was to reward the good posts but what happened with bots was that anyone with money can get upvotes and no1 was actually voting for good content anymore. Everyone wanted to get paid in return of an upvote.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:13:55 PM

I don't think Steemit will die, it's just that they have to change their payment structure by adjusting market conditions. But, if Steemit really dies then Mithril is one of the best alternatives today.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:30:28 PM

Steemit isn't dead, they are one out of the countless ICOs which have a real product. I think they are going through this phase as a result of the best run.
JCviggen

Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:42:12 PM

in such a market it is not clear which projects will be able to survive. even the largest projects such as NEM are going through very difficult times

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 07:50:34 PM

Have you tried yours.org yet? It's much cleaner than steemit with different options to earn. minds.com is another good option and it is a decentralized platform with opensource software. But I would prefer Reddit if I don't need to earn through blogging or posting anything like this.
baeva2

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:00:50 PM

Steemit is a unique website running on blockchain and cryptocurrency STEEM! He can't just die. The times of the bear market will end and Steemit will recover.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:04:45 PM

This looks more like fud to me
Nothing. Is wrong with steemit and I still make my blogs daily on the websites and I also earn too

What’s the dead situation ??
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:27:26 PM

Laying off % of employees does not mean that they are dead, they are struggling for sure in this market condition like all other Cryptocurrencies and projects built of Blockchain, it is totally normally especially when they are paying their employees with Fiat as someone mentioned. Also the decreasing in activities in their platform is perfectly normal and can be easily related to the market condition too.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:34:56 PM

Steemit has a working product and can only develop more, not less than has already been achieved.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 08:43:49 PM

Rather than Steemit itself, I think the problem is in decentralized platforms.
These platforms are seriously the wild, wild, WILD west.
Stuff like this has never been seriously done before.
There are so many unknowns that any decentralized platform or DAO will have major problems.

The very first most obvious one is that decentralized platforms are prey for scammers, spammers, and shit content.
Steemit has a large amount of these.
it's hard to navigate it all and after a certain point you just don't bother anymore.

and then, the bear market does not make steemit worth the time and investment for content creators.

all of this could potentially turn around if the market shifts and regulations are put into play.
However, there is also the chance that it won't last through this bearish period.

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:52:38 PM

Steemit is not dead, it is a blog website and they are very good at it. Actually, I think Steemit should stop rewarding writers forever like the Medium. People will use it for their own good from now. As the bearish market continues a long time, so Steemit is facing obstacles to pay a huge amount of money at this moment. But they will recover for sure. Steemit has a high trading volume with huge crypto supporters. And they can stop paying for a while or forever.

Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:54:01 PM

I can advise you on the CENT https://beta.cent.co/ platform. I don’t think it looks like Steemit, but maybe it will interest you. I sometimes use this platform.
fosco333

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:15:31 AM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?

Well, it is because the cryptocurrency market is still on the bottom now.
From my knowledge, steemit is the blogging platform that focusing to make articles and the users get paid with steem cryptocurrency.
If the cryptocurrency market goes bad, then the steem coins maybe get impacted by the market.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: