Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit is dead. Is there any better alternative?  (Read 1159 times)
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 02:45:37 AM

I disagree that steemit is dead. It's being recommended by many projects and bounty hosts or organizers, and they still have alot of users who still use platform to publish article. They might not be in good condition because of the bear market . I can recommend Publish0x to you

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
merbabu

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:57:17 AM

sorry , if you make a statetement steemit is dead, you must a small riset, explain your opinion with your source. if you open the site, just see on trending post, many get with high reputation get about thousand dollars just a post the article. stemmit just a one choice beside medium, blogging etc to people for make a article and upvote for a reward for high quality content Cheesy
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 04:24:45 AM

I don't think it's dead there are still a lot of articles there and many active writers and if you check the various ICO bounty campaign it is still included in their campaign, it's still alive and kicking and if there is issue internally they can solve it, they have great team behind this project.

Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:34:35 AM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?
Seems, Dan said some time ago, that that something similar to steemit is developing for the EOS platform.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:50:10 AM

What do these problems of Steemit and the market as a whole have to do with its use? You used Steemit thinking about what then? The features remain the same as always, there is no reason for you to be worried. There are Golos and Alis, which are Russian and Japanese platforms respectively. If you are an investor, you should understand every current situation now if you are a sell-only speculator and look for other inputs.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:20:04 AM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?

I think Steemit laying 70% of its work force is trying to restructure for better services to its users, however if you are looking for alternative to Steemit you can try https://trybe.one a decentralized social network

HOMT

Powered by,
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 08:33:18 AM

All this blockchain social must earn money, but they don't do this. They must take money from users or put advertising for money or some other monetization schemes. Overwise they all die soon without money.

Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:45:07 AM

I think Steemit laying 70% of its work force is trying to restructure for better services to its users, however if you are looking for alternative to Steemit you can try https://trybe.one a decentralized social network

Ive checked trybe platform and they also have an amazing platform though users are still many on steemit but in due time people will look on new ones with improved and better working platform for their needs.
chaintee8989
Copper Member

Activity: 200
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:11:18 AM

It's true the Steemit is struggling to survive because they couldn't reach their annual financial goal. Golos.io and Medium.com could be a better replica for Steemit. Specially Medum.com has an easy user interface, and you can easily post your content.
atraay

Activity: 770
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:22:37 AM

It's true the Steemit is struggling to survive because they couldn't reach their annual financial goal. Golos.io and Medium.com could be a better replica for Steemit. Specially Medum.com has an easy user interface, and you can easily post your content.
I totally agree with the Medium.com. Suitable as a replacement and alternative. The network is used in many projects as a convenient platform for promotions and communications.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:04:33 PM

The problem with Steam is that they promised to create a centralized platform, but in fact it turned out to be a centralized platform with an embedded token. If you are looking for alternatives, you should take a closer look at the GOLOS project. I think this is the best alternative at the moment that really works.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:09:01 PM

I stopped using Steemit when they showed that the blog platform is not as decentralized as we thought, they started banning and censor some people.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:27:06 PM

Steem was dead the day they claimed to be creating a decentralized platform but they ended up creating a centralized one and then added their token on top of it then the final blow was when they started giving away a lot of money so that people could spam on their platform with low quality stuff.

there can not be an alternative to a broken design like this.

True i even noticed a guy that was posting like 10-20 copy/paste memes from internet and had like 10$ of steemit upvotes for each post in 2017-2018 . Currently each post is worth like few cents , but anyway not sure if steemit is dead , im still reading it day by day . Maybe there is not alot of activity like it was before because of the steemit price . If they will change payment structure or something then probably will get better .

i think you may be alone in this!
any information that i want i can find on the internet elsewhere, specially on reddit which is a lot better a more popular than steemit and if i want articles there is still medium that people trust more and has much better high quality stuff worth reading.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:43:34 PM

Steemit is struggling hard to survive in bear market in my view there is no alternative for steem it in crypto space only thing is we should continue do working
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:51:15 PM

I don't think steemit is already dead even they are having some trouble regarding their employees. The only one relative to steemit that I know is karma app . Karma tokens is under EOS platform and the app run like steemit it process a transaction whenever you make an activity. Almost same rewards structure to its users.  
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:29:39 PM

Steemit isn't quite dead (yet) but you are right, they are struggling. I think the last updates they made on the website further contributed to its predicament. You can try out other alternatives like;
golos.io (Russian steemit)
minds.com
coins.newbium.com
medium.com (not recommended. they tend to ban accounts a lot and for no reason too)

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:30:41 PM

Even if they had announced that they have some financial challenges, it is not enough to conclude that it is dead. I still use the platform and I have the coin, which I am holding. Try to make more findings to know if it affects your investments in steem. Had it been it is not yet listed, that would have been a different case, but this coin has been existing for quite some time now. We just need the team to bring up more developments.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:17:45 PM

I had used Steemit for a few months in the year 2017 and I did like it as it's platform gave opportunities to earn cryptocurrencies.
It was unique  in its own way. I don't know why Steemit couldn't make it through the bear market.
I think it should have altered the payroll structure and maintained a little in the payments.
It could have done better but it didn't and may be that's why it's going down.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:23:30 PM

Indeed steemit have potential issues on their rewarding system such as centralization of their token mechanism but steemit is still the leader & whenever we think about blockchain based social media platform then the first name which appear is the steemit. There are so many other alternative to steemit in the market with same or similar aim such as Qbao, akash, synereo, U network etc. Out of this U network looks very closer to steemit & you can know more about U network here https://u.network/

hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:35:10 PM

i don't think steemit is dead.  steemit came from the same developer that produced bitshares and eos.  i think the 3 sister blockchains are co-related to each other in some way and they will support each other.  for the past months, the price of steemit coins is at par with other altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: