Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:45:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit is dead. Is there any better alternative?  (Read 1157 times)
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 06:02:28 AM

As long as I know steemit pay their employees with fiat, means that in the bearish market steemit may struggle to pay their employees. I don't think steemit is dead yet, they can change their payment structure.

And about the alternative, im not really sure but Mithril is the closest one to steemit.

Will it be productive if they pay their employees with cryptocurrencies as well? Because by far as I know, employees on different platform chooses to have been paid through cryptos as they also know what is the benefits that they can get through investment and trading, as well as the potential of many coins in the market.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 09:15:31 AM

I also search for something similar to steemit, but i want to get paid on crypto. Steemit still pay? Anyone know some service like that who pay with crypto coins and try it?
ranamajid007
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 09:44:20 AM

I also search for something similar to steemit, but i want to get paid on crypto. Steemit still pay? Anyone know some service like that who pay with crypto coins and try it?

Yeah SNAC is already giving cryptos for various activities e.g LIKE, VOTE, BET, Refer etc. Best part is they give you 10 SNAC for just liking a post. And since 1 SNAC = almost 1 cent, that's really a cool thing.

You can find other ways to earn cryptos on SNAC here: https://medium.com/futurepia/snac-events-complete-guide-e9d06c29a05c

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 09:58:20 AM

Yeah SNAC is already giving cryptos for various activities e.g LIKE, VOTE, BET, Refer etc. Best part is they give you 10 SNAC for just liking a post. And since 1 SNAC = almost 1 cent, that's really a cool thing.

You can find other ways to earn cryptos on SNAC here: https://medium.com/futurepia/snac-events-complete-guide-e9d06c29a05c

Is this coin listed in exchange i was searching for better alternative for steemit eventually i found this thread . Publish)x coins also i dint find in coinmarketcap as well as in coingecko even SNAC also couldnt able to .If these coins are listed please let me know .
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 11:44:52 AM

Yes, Steemit Inc announced that 70% of their employees were laid-off due to the company restructuring. It is clear that there are major issues at the company. This mainly happened due to the entire cryptocurrency market downtrend. The price of STEEm has dropped more tha 90%, decereasing the overall market capitalization.
If the main moto is to write ust articles, I prefer Medium. This is one of the best platforms.ther options are Dtube, Sphere,futurepia, Sapien(I am using Sapien at the moment and the experience is really great), yours.org and so on.

Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:53:37 PM

I think steemit isn't dead. Steemit is still working just that its not functioning properly. Also, there are so many rubbish on steemit now which turns investors off.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
ranamajid007
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 01:47:59 AM

Is this coin listed in exchange i was searching for better alternative for steemit eventually i found this thread . Publish)x coins also i dint find in coinmarketcap as well as in coingecko even SNAC also couldnt able to .If these coins are listed please let me know .

SNAC is a stable coin which is worth 1 KRW. SNAC can be exchanged with PIA coins (the coin of Futurepia Blockchain where SNAC is deployed).

PIA has already successfully done the IEO on BW exchange and in next month will list there.

https://www.bw.com/ieoDetail?id=333350
ranamajid007
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 01:52:31 AM

I think steemit isn't dead. Steemit is still working just that its not functioning properly. Also, there are so many rubbish on steemit now which turns investors off.

Apart from just rubbish, don't you think its so difficult to use for a person who isn't familiar with blockchain and crypto currency? Serioulsy if being honest, Steemit isn't for general social media users. Also the content there is 80% of the time related to cryptocurrency making it platform for just crypto enthusiasts.

On the other hand, if you check SNAC, it allows you to create groups, form communities, get rewards for growing communities etc. There are even groups for travel, food, music, kpop, etc.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 01:57:45 AM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?

Steemit made itself too complex for regular users. It should have implemented a single coin throughout the platform rather than using multiple of coins and tokens. There are several ways to secure ones account then having several long passwords for every other task. Steemits model of taking fees with users for task was the largest blunder.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ranamajid007
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 02:20:03 AM

A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?

Steemit made itself too complex for regular users. It should have implemented a single coin throughout the platform rather than using multiple of coins and tokens. There are several ways to secure ones account then having several long passwords for every other task. Steemits model of taking fees with users for task was the largest blunder.

omg yeah finally someone said it. Totally agree with the complex coins & tokens system. Its one of the reasons that a normal social media user couldn't move to Steemit.
hohuan101

Activity: 340
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 02:46:44 AM

It is normal for the market to go down. They have to do it to balance their finances. Any project, any company must do so when it is difficult, not just Steemit. The market going up will make them come back stronger
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:49:12 AM

The bear market really affect alot of business which brought about many project not be able to survive or maintain the ride to this level .

The steemit I know is still the best regard to social media coin in crypto space so investing in the coin will still definitely boom in near future as the king itself also feel the heat, so laying off is just a way to reduce the lost and so they will recover .

ranamajid007
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 05:03:29 AM

The bear market really affect alot of business which brought about many project not be able to survive or maintain the ride to this level .

The steemit I know is still the best regard to social media coin in crypto space so investing in the coin will still definitely boom in near future as the king itself also feel the heat, so laying off is just a way to reduce the lost and so they will recover .

Have you tried any other alternative? Like Akasha or SNAC?
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2019, 07:17:10 AM

Steemit is still live but due to long bearish season of crypto market like all other top projects Steem and Seem dollar are also in bottom, But it will grow up as soon as market go in trending.

Tinno

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:35:59 AM

All the same, Steemit a good project. From staying there I still have good memories (now sometimes I go). I hope they will be fine and the project will be able to overcome the crisis.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:19:22 AM

I have seen a lot of projects that started the idea to launch or compete with Steemit but I am yet to see any of them emerge successful, it may take a long while because majority of them come during the bear market and might not have raised enough fund to kick of the complete social media part of the project, a good example is foresting, they have launched their pton token but the rest is yet to go into full blown action, so far I stick with Steemit, Reddit is another good one.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 11:55:46 AM

It is normal for the market to go down. They have to do it to balance their finances. Any project, any company must do so when it is difficult, not just Steemit. The market going up will make them come back stronger
I agree with you, the time they laid their staff of was when most projects were still having issues due to the bear market, and I am sure that things would have been picking up for them already. I still registered someone who was interested in earning some free coins on Steemit recently and their site is working perfectly and their response to enquiries still swift.

If they were dead, would they still be in operation? Steemit has never come out to declare they are liquidating and I wonder why someone will just wish something that is not happening for them. The fact they laid of staff could just be a way off cutting cost.

H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 01:37:29 PM

Medium and Steemit were the most used blogging platform in cryptocurrency.
But now, there are many restriction in Medium about crypto, and there is nothing new in steemit as well.
I read that publish0x is the new crypto related blogging platform, you can search it.

Utuhikan

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 01:46:58 PM

In my opinion, steemit indeed reduces its employees but steemit isn't dead yet. Steemit still exists and still provides space for anyone to express their ideas. If we want to get an alternative from steemit then we can use ong social or create a personal web hosting address. I think making a personal web address is a more trusted thing because it is proof of our responsibility for our writing and ideas contained in the blog.

▔▔▔▔▔
Kaniin

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 02:09:58 PM

Steemit is dead because Steemit devs never had an answer to fight bots and cheaters. If a solution is found to shut down bots and cheaters Steemit can be popular.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: