Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:38:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google keyboard with bitcoin symbol and ethereum  (Read 601 times)
vanya.pronin.1983

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:02:57 PM

They are just trolling Buterin. But in any case it is a great sign that such a huge company as google is adding a crypto sign to their keyboards. I hope this is a small signal and maybe a small step towards the mass adoption.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:19:54 PM

I think this is a good sign for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency in general. And about the tweet, I think someone from the users decided to make a joke on Vitalik like this and created a fake screenshot
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 04:23:38 PM

Of course this is very good news and a sign that Crypto is developing in the future. Last year there was a problem about banning advertisements on Google and in my opinion it was a big loss, but now it's back to work together even though only the Cryptocurrency Icon looks small but it's a big pride.

hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 05:16:09 PM

I would not take this answer very negatively. Google simply says what it sees at the moment, when the issues with the regulation of cryptocurrencies are not yet resolved. But when this issues will be finally resolved, I am sure that symbol of the ethereum and other popular altcoins will also be added to the keyboard.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:37:09 PM

Of course this is very good news and a sign that Crypto is developing in the future. Last year there was a problem about banning advertisements on Google and in my opinion it was a big loss, but now it's back to work together even though only the Cryptocurrency Icon looks small but it's a big pride.
You got my favourite word there, "pride" for cryptocurrency. With this , cryptocurrency, most especially bitcoin, will gain more acceptance. I have come across some stores that are already accepting bitcoin.
This might also be among the reasons why bitcoin is gradually going uptrend in the market.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:41:09 PM

Google’s answer is epic. I guess if Google accept the request to add ETH, developers of other altcoins will start to bug google as well.

Anyway, I can’t find the symbol in my IOS device, do I need to install this?
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:42:40 PM

this was a funny find where Google twitter handle says they don't believe in legality or long term viability of the altcoins such as ETH

That's just a sign that cryptocurrency is being known and adapted around that globe which is an advantage for us users. It would be a big help in the economic growth and the development of cryptocurrency. It only reflects that bitcoin is reaching every corner of the world through its popularity.
belli4388

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:48:17 PM

in fact is a great contradiction on the one hand google is against the crypto currencies and on the other hand integrates in its virtual keyboards the symbol of bitcoin, to me it can only  good to know but google loses credibility

space available pm me if interested
kakawin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:53:26 PM

This indirectly suggests that Google supports cryptocurrency. It is interesting. I do not think that Google has done this for the sake of popularity among crypto enthusiasts.
moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:23:36 PM

This is rather amusing and perhaps google will come around in a few years time when cryptocurrency adoption has grown further and Ethereum has become a more widely recognized technology if nothing can actually manage to supersede it and add it's logo to the keyboard as well

shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:32:17 PM

I hope Vitalik can prove to Google that it was wrong. But I'm wondering what icon can be used in the keyboard to ETH ?

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:14:50 PM

this was a funny find where Google twitter handle says they don't believe in legality or long term viability of the altcoins such as ETH

Maybe they are thinking that coins other than bitcoin is not so much worth, I think the reason would be because the altcoins always entailing bitcoin.
The altcoins seems can't live without the existence of bitcoin, that is what i think about google's decission.
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:23:30 PM

When I saw this, I laughed real hard. vitalik wants Google to consider adding the ETH symbol to their keyboard and they bounced. Well, I believe with time they might give it a thought but the ETH stuff is actually long compared to the bitcoin symbol.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:33:48 PM

Don't think they should add anything else now either. Bitcoin is very popular - as a word, as a symbol. Other cryptocurrencies - are not. Maybe if ethereum popularity will rich such a state in future this subject will be discussible.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:59:04 PM

WOW, it is perfect news. I would appreciate to create ethereum symbol, because I rerely use bitcoin and always use ethereum in my transactions.
Hope one day this feature to be implemented

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:18:05 PM

Perhaps the operator of Google's Twitter account has lost money when investing in Bitcoin or ETH last year  Cheesy
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:25:30 PM

Google must have done their research thoroughly before adopting bitcoin symbol on their keyboard, its quite obvious that bitcoin popularity outweighs that of ethereum in many folds and for ETH to catch up their team need to work harder, google endorsing btc had really shown that btc has come to stay.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 274

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:28:35 PM

As far as I know there is no such kind of update in my device?

It is available in all the countires or in specific or even this news is legit?

I don't even know any third party apps giving that symbol in android and IOS but in future we will have this feature even in basic mobiles. Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 04:01:23 PM

The update will be gradually extend to other devices with time.
Very soon, we might see Microsoft coming to also announce that they have alsdo integrated it into their system.
Then gradually, government might also come to announce their readiness to approve cryptocurrency, particularly bitcoin.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 03:34:17 AM

And google says they only believe in bitcoin legality, but actually bitcoin is not legal yet in some countries.
ETH and bitcoin is the top cryptocurrency, i wonder why they don't believe ETH will be viable for long term.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: