Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Duration will replace btc/gold and scummy fiat  (Read 299 times)
TimeBits (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:45:30 PM

I rather work for a equally distributed currency that everyone can adopt without having any starting funds and have a equal chance to enterprise rather than work for another mans money supply.

Even in the communist states, things are not equally distributed  Grin. The world is specifically based on capitalism one way or the other, whether it is specified or not, that is how survival is based. The aliens might not have bordered but even in animal kingdom, some animals say they are greater than others.  Roll Eyes

What stops capitalism in a time based currency?  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtPVgblzWY seems she evolved past ego alpha age.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 03:05:23 PM

A man once said "advance kasi ako mag isip" (I am thinking in advance) was high in marijuana and talking about things what marijuana could do to the human body. This is the same to the OP's case. He was so advance and thinking about it that he knows surely it will going to happen.

My Bad fiat is not a scam medium of exchange. It was the best method that has ever done to make the transaction smoothly done.
TimeBits (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:52:43 PM

A man once said "advance kasi ako mag isip" (I am thinking in advance) was high in marijuana and talking about things what marijuana could do to the human body. This is the same to the OP's case. He was so advance and thinking about it that he knows surely it will going to happen.

My Bad fiat is not a scam medium of exchange. It was the best method that has ever done to make the transaction smoothly done.

I have a lot of respect for fiat up until april 1933 in Canada and 1971 in America

The Canadian Dollar, among a long list of other currencies around the world, is no longer backed by gold. No gold, silver–nada is backing the value of the Canadian Dollar. The Gold Standard for the Canadian Dollar was officially abandoned on April 10th, 1933.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock
The Nixon shock was a series of economic measures undertaken by United States President Richard Nixon in 1971, in response to increasing inflation, the most significant of which were wage and price freezes, surcharges on imports, and the unilateral cancellation of the direct international convertibility of the United States dollar to gold.

who came after JFK the guy they killed, Nixon I wonder why Huh

Fiat money first began to be used in China in the 11th century. Since then, it has been used by various countries, usually concurrently with commodity currencies. Fiat money started to dominate in the 20th century. Since the decoupling of the US dollar from gold by Richard Nixon in 1971, a system of national fiat currencies has been used globally.

THIS IS WHEN IT BECAME A SCAM AND SCUMMY BANKERS COULD EXPLOIT THE PEOPLE

You have Limited time, You have Limited goods, they have Unlimited fiat. stop getting scammed you`re trading something for nothing.
TimeBits (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:59:14 PM

Now, What makes Time an Unlimited but Limited resource?

We all create duration at the same rate, 1 second a second, and when you die you do not create anymore.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:08:46 PM

Are you a flat-earther, OP?

TimeBits (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 04:27:00 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 04:50:57 PM by TimeBits

Are you a flat-earther, OP?

lol did the JFK comment get you? no, not a flat earther

just a free man, looking at your post you only care about the price about btc, are you a fiat slave?
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 05:59:10 PM

The OP watches too many hollywood sci fi movies. We can't get paid in time because it cannot be given by anyone. You can get time in a mining machine as payment or time spent staking
TimeBits (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 06:19:46 PM

The OP watches too many hollywood sci fi movies. We can't get paid in time because it cannot be given by anyone. You can get time in a mining machine as payment or time spent staking

I am sorry but your wrong, I am earning 2 types of cash and 3 types of crypto via duration as you read this. Yes there is systems that can dispense duration or time to addresses.
how do most faucets work?  it takes time to collect them, now if the faucet is dispensing a coin or token which represents time/duration it is creating, you now have a system in which can give tokens/coins which represent duration/time accumulated to anyone.

total recall is the best movie  Cheesy
CoinCrops

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 04:59:52 AM

Hey OP this is very interesting idea Shocked Timed mining is the answer or equal hashing power to a coin with no limit will solve poverty in the near future.

I for one can actually see how this could work and why it really is the only option in the future that I have been presented with that may work. I see what you mean by in the game how a limited supply only leads to death for all in the end. I played hunter-coin as well and in the start I was collecting coins by mining from the middle and bringing them back to base but it became to hard because someone coded a bunch of AI to instant kill you or other players when you tried to collect the resource, just like how machines and cooperation's are taking all the jobs today yes it is a dark future. I hope there is more minds like you in the world or we are doomed as a species. It is sad most only care about blockchain and bitcoin to turn it into more fiat I never made a account here because all of the post I see is some guy asking when the next pump is or speculating on price but you have inspired me.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 08:33:02 AM

I would just say that impossibility can not be made possible. The scene you are trying to come up with is like back in the era of trade by barter. That time is gone, gone for good and will never come back.

There will always be a means of exchange that is generally accepted by the people because of the complexity of want and desire. Duration will face the challenges faced by trade by barter. Which is basically, want and desire.
That is very correct the time the poster is trying to put up is an old era method were time is judge as an equal commodity to all, but the real calculator and determinant of time is it value. It true that we all have 24 hours a day but the value of each person time differs and so is the result of each person time.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 06:30:42 AM

I would just say that impossibility can not be made possible. The scene you are trying to come up with is like back in the era of trade by barter. That time is gone, gone for good and will never come back.

There will always be a means of exchange that is generally accepted by the people because of the complexity of want and desire. Duration will face the challenges faced by trade by barter. Which is basically, want and desire.
That is very correct the time the poster is trying to put up is an old era method were time is judge as an equal commodity to all, but the real calculator and determinant of time is it value. It true that we all have 24 hours a day but the value of each person time differs and so is the result of each person time

Unlike movies, you can't give somebody your time

Well, in fact you can (like in conversations or whatever), but there's no guarantee that anyone will be interested in your precious time at all (and it is more like spending time, not earning it). In this manner, there cannot be what we could loosely call a universal time or duration exchange. In other words, duration is not fungible, i.e. any unit or part of duration is different from another unit, and therefore it cannot be used as money

See, one bitcoin is still the same bitcoin no matter what wallet it came from. Technically, it is not quite so due to tainted coins (wallets) but it is still a safe assumption overall (and you can always use mixers if something). To sum it up, the whole idea seems to be stillborn as it has severe issues with fungibility, which makes duration not suitable to be used as money, end of story 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: