Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Coinbase Partner Google In The Future?  (Read 207 times)
skazzio (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 10:28:18 AM

Article copied and pasted from https://dailyiconews.com/2019/02/19/will-coinbase-partner-google-in-the-future/

Coinbase has been in the crypto business almost from the start. The firm has made a name for itself in the crypto arena providing a safe and regulated space for facilitation of crypto storage and transfers. Coinbase has had quite a share of flaws but this has happened to almost everyone in the upper crypto food chain.

Its services though have not downgraded. On the contrary, they are often second to none. Its exchange platform for example, recently upgraded and is now able to list quite a huge number of altcoins.

But that wasn’t the case before. Up to 2018, Coinbase was limited to only listing major cryptos like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum Classic and Litecoin. Their own framework provided for that they would only list cryptos that met certain criteria. And this sidelined their expansion and accommodation of other altcoins.

The Need To Expand
As the industry grew, the benefits of expansion overwhelmed the firm and the team saw a dire need for expansion. But for this to happen, there was a need for a thorough review of existing policies to accommodate the expansion.

Coinbase credits its success to an innovation-focused team that has played a huge part in its continuing success. Combine that with an easy to use interface and you have yourself the perfect product driving forward the adoption of cryptocurrency.

The Next Step
It has been speculated that Coinbase is looking forward to partner with a giant company like Google to attract mainstream audiences. Experts have predicted that a partnership like this would boost Coinbase’ trust and legitimacy. It would also market Coinbase as a safe and secure site.

Such a partnership would benefit Coinbase more than it does for Google. Therefore, it would be hard seeing its actualization, unless Coinbase offers Google a really good reason for the partnership. But then again, everyone has a price.

But these are just speculations. There are no signs whatsoever of an impending Coinbase partnership with any major tech firm. But then again, Coinbase’ integration of services that giant companies like Apple and Google provide does raise some eyebrows.

Private Keys Storage
The recent issue with private keys has generated some mixed reactions among experts and crypto enthusiasts in the industry. Coinbase announced that users can now back up their private keys on iCloud and Google Drive. The idea received mixed reactions with some users remaining skeptical and others embracing its encryption feature.

You see, private keys are very complex passcodes and it’s hard to remember, generally speaking. So, the idea of backing up the keys on services like Google Drive is exciting. Users must, however, apply security features like the 2-factor authentication secure passwords. In addition, regular online safety precautions are also highly recommended.

Coinbase has provided the justification of private key loss as the reason for the new venture into Coinbase Drive and Apple iCloud. And that’s a good reason, but some crypto enthusiasts will hear none of it.

Taylor Monahan, CEO MyCrypto says that regardless of encryption strength, it’s the weak links like weak passwords that compromise account security. Monahan condemns Coinbase of encouraging a behavior of generating weak passwords. The desire to provide better services shouldn’t jeopardize crypto asset security.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 10:36:26 AM

I am very skeptical of partnership between google and coinbase because big companies like google/facebook like  to buy the companies instead of doing JV's with them. Alternatively Google might come up with their own services as they have massive user base and technical expertise.

I am alive
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 10:47:38 AM

Google won't buy coinbase, I think. They will re-innovate Google Wallet which will give them more cost saving and control.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3950

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 11:54:56 AM

I am very skeptical of partnership between google and coinbase because big companies like google/facebook like  to buy the companies instead of doing JV's with them. Alternatively Google might come up with their own services as they have massive user base and technical expertise.
I am on the same page too. Everything will be depending on Google's decision. I do not have the data however I don't think coinbase is that much big to get the attention of Google. Google can create their own service instead of buying them.  

Recently earn.com sold them to coinbase and remember still there are people who do not have any idea about earn.com. They are/were a very small company.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 11:57:43 AM

There were rumors Facebook showing interest to buy coinbase in the near future we may expect facebook may come forward to buy coinbase rather than google investing in blockchain space no clear certainty as of now
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:12:18 PM

Big corporates tend to buy other corporate firms only when they find it'll get good revenue for them. Already lots and lots of small scale corporate firms were acquired by them in the past. Coinbase being one of the largest in the cryptocurrency network hasn't gotten big when compared with the Google, Facebook or Amazon.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:17:47 PM

There were rumors Facebook showing interest to buy coinbase in the near future we may expect facebook may come forward to buy coinbase rather than google investing in blockchain space no clear certainty as of now

that was cool but i thougt facebook was verry alergic to cryptos ? they even restrict ban some crypto ads and contents on thier platform and now they are going to buy coinbase which is a crypto wallet ? hmmm thats bizzare  .

id rather believe on google because google is verry open to any popular business .  theres a higher chance that coinbase and google will have a partenrship in the upcoming years .
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:18:07 PM

It's boils down as to what benefits each other can get. I mean business is business, it doesn't matter if they're competitor or not, if both of them can make money by joining, then I wouldn't be surprise though. And as long as crypto verse will benefit as well, why not?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:23:35 PM

Won't be happening IMO as Google would surely just create their own service if they so do wish. However in the mean time I don't see Google taking the time and interest in creating their own cryptocurrency-centered service yet, so this partnership is close to impossible right now. Perhaps other services might take interest on Coinbase, but I don't see Google doing that as they are focused more on improving their AIs. We don't need huge companies taking over crypto services; we need more crypto services start on their own and bring something new to the table.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:25:07 PM

I am very skeptical of partnership between google and coinbase because big companies like google/facebook like  to buy the companies instead of doing JV's with them. Alternatively Google might come up with their own services as they have massive user base and technical expertise.

Google won't buy coinbase, I think. They will re-innovate Google Wallet which will give them more cost saving and control.

Actually this isn't far to happen, we all heard this news and we never know they're already working on their coin will just roll out one day. They see the potential of having their own blockchain to solve some issues and of course will bring them more profit.

Why buy coinbase if google can have its own? They already have the brand so why deal with this. I won't be surprise if one day all apps have their own. ;b

Happy Coding Life Smiley
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 04:36:12 PM

IMO Google will not take such such decision for buying crypto service for a obvious reasons stated by forum members. Maybe they can create their own service for mentioned purposes but buying coinbase shouldn't be a priority for a big it company.  It will not happen without any help of states and this is not problem between companies.
niceboy999
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 04:45:20 PM

i guess Google will not any partnership do until proper regulations comes in Crypto.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:06:21 PM

Actually this isn't far to happen, we all heard this news and we never know they're already working on their coin will just roll out one day. They see the potential of having their own blockchain to solve some issues and of course will bring them more profit.

Why buy coinbase if google can have its own? They already have the brand so why deal with this. I won't be surprise if one day all apps have their own. ;b

Google is now a corporation that can stand on its own that is why my opinion is the same if Google would want to enter the cryptocurrency field he would not buy another trading platform or keep a partnership with it, But instead, he can always tend to make his own trading and wallet site they can always try what Facebook had done in terms of transaction via Cryptocurrency or bitcoin alone, Which in my opinion they can truly do with the resources they have at their disposal no wonder Google is in the peak of success.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 05:23:52 PM

i guess Google will not any partnership do until proper regulations comes in Crypto.

Totally agreed because Google as a big company with more users which wouldn't give a dam to buy or partner with any exchange as long as there are no regulations in the crypto-community. After the said regulations Google will then fantune ways whereby they could create their own coin. Google has all it takes to make a good coin that will boost the cryptocurrency market per time.

Coinbase can only partner with google for KYC data storage on google drive as i presume.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 09:42:16 AM

snip-
Coinbase can only partner with google for KYC data storage on google drive as i presume.
Google is actually developing cloud based storage and I coinbase will be a good partnership for them as well. Google could also buy coinbase as easy as one sign. If coinbase can actually become a global great startup and Google Inc. will not hesitate to try to buy it from the current owners of the company. But Google Wallet is better than coinbase for almost 10 times and that would be the hinder for Google not to buy coinbase.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
████████▄████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:06:51 PM

Google can offer their base services to anything that's crypto related as long as their terms don't get violated, and when it comes to Coinbase as most regulated exchange, there is nothing stopping Google from partnering with them.

I have always believed that Google or any other large tech corporation will at some point dominate utility platforms such as Ethereum and EOS and offer a service that's 1000x better and cheaper.

Binance is already in the process of attracting projects to launch on their platform, and it only makes sense that we see Google at some point follow with how much money there is to be made, especially during the next boom.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:13:44 PM

Youtube was a company started by another and acquired by them. Google Earth is the same. No doubt quite a few others are too.

Why would you bother spending more starting the same service from scratch?

That said I don't think this is a hugely likely pairing. People expect anything Google to just work. If it was a full google service then banking problems and forks going off all over the place isn't a good look. If I were Google I'd leave Coinbase to it.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:41:29 PM

Google could also buy coinbase as easy as one sign.

Google technically and financially could, but I'm not sure if that's actually a good deal at all. Coinbase has an insane valuation to it that they can't seem to justify with the volumes they generate. On top of that, the services similar to Coinbase are catching up rapidly, so it would make way more sense to buy one of these than Coinbase itself.

It's way more likely that Coinbase is going for an IPO, and I have been thinking they would for over a year now, because it really seems to be one of their main roadmap achievements.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:03:22 PM

Such a long text and so little information. What would be the meaning of a partnership between the two companies? A business partnership? A marketing partnership? Would Google use the services of coinbase?

One of the big markets that currently exists is offering Clounds related services. Amazon dominates. Everyone else is running after it. So if Google were to enter this market, I do not believe it would be through an exchange. I imagine much more that would be offering some kind of data hosting service using some kind of blockchain. Or a Wallet service that offers mobile solutions.

Coinbase is great for facilitating the integration between banks and cryptos for the common American user. I think that's too little to interest Google, whether it's a partnership or an acquisition.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:39:43 AM

Coinbase is great for facilitating the integration between banks and cryptos for the common American user. I think that's too little to interest Google, whether it's a partnership or an acquisition.
Good point which we can really say that Coinbase is just little for it to be considered for Google to make partnership with it.Lets say Coinbase is making some buzz now but its only good for a particular field.
Who knows if they would see something interesting with them but for now it isnt just still possible.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: