Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your general sentiment on soft-caps for ICO's?  (Read 782 times)
givary

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:28:07 PM

Personally, if I am looking for a project, of course, there are Soft Cap sellers. Each of their projects will be tested for initial fundraising. And if they are able to achieve Soft Cap sales, of course, they are indeed a good project. And after the Soft Cap is reached, they will raise more funds to reach Hard cap.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:34:09 PM

I think it is necessary to have a SOFT CAP especially in the past 12 months when the Bear market has been simply brutal to 99% of the ICO's that launched. Many that had planned projects through 2017 would have expected to hit far higher targets, so having an MVP equivalent for cash raise makes good business sense.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:44:08 PM

Softcap is very important for ICO. ICO developers need funds for the initial steps of project development. At least, they need funds for advisors, exchanger listings, and looking for partners in the future. In conclusion, softcap is the minimum target of each ICO for the course of the project.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:44:24 PM

Weakness and missing confidence? I think you missed that quite a bit. Companies are not made out of air and I doubt that high-sklilled people involved in this industry would work full-time for free. People would like to trade their purchased tokens on noble exchanges as well: can you imagine how much does it cost? They have to make some reserves as they will not be in a profit for a particular period of time (even months or years!), and therefore, they have to consider this factor. Emerging markets are risky. But those who are willing to take the risk and will be successful on the long term have a great shot of being one of the leaders in a new technological era Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:56:50 PM

I think that $1 million will be enough for any project for a great start and launch of the project. I am sincerely surprised at the amount of money that projects was collected on ICO in 2017.
Yes, I think so! But they need 10-15 million USD to start their project but what happens after the sale? Most of the ICO project lists their token on some exchanges and they make an announcement every week with almost the same words or they go to some events and that's it. How many products you have seen after the sale? Very rare but still they need 10-15 million USD as a soft cap! I really don't like this.

Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:31:29 PM

A situation in which doing the soft cap and hard cap I don't like because I don't see the point in raising funds any more than necessary. I think that when project reach the soft cap it will be able to develop productively.
today there are very few projectors that reach the soft cap and therefore do not have a good chance of development. Nevertheless, I think that if projects are really interesting, they should look for opportunities for their development. When they show real results, investors will pay attention to this.
Unfortunately, in some projects there are no people who could reasonably and rationally manage the expenditure of the collected funds. Over the past month I have read about several projects that have squandered all the money due to unqualified management.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 05:37:08 AM

Softcap is the most important thing for investors to reach it after investing it in different ico to make sure that the project have the minimum money to use for it.
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:15:06 AM

In my opinion, Soft Cap is very important because it shows that this project is indeed real. Developers certainly try to raise funds and if they are able to achieve this, of course, this project can succeed. But you also have to check coin sales through wallet transactions.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:25:22 AM

I think the success of an ico project does lie on its soft cap. Target soft cap shows that the project has the good outcome to be succeasful. It is the factor that the target budget allocation are reached, so in that case if an ico doesn't reached its soft cap then surely unsuccessful project.
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 07:32:54 AM

Is definitely a confidence thing since basically it determines whether the project goes on if they reach softcap or get cut down if they dont reach their target That means without that target within their range they wont continue the project and you get your money back Is a good way to show honesty, confidence and integrity

frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:34:32 AM

These soft caps are way too high. Most can be done for around half a million dollars. It is just greed that requires them to request millions in unnecessary funding most of which won't go anywhere near it

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
clonely

Activity: 490

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:41:23 AM

Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?

It is difficult to make a clear assessment as this is entirely dependent on the scope of the project and the market situation. For example, in today's conditions, many ICOs that make softcap would hardcap easily in a good season.

marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:51:03 AM

I think having a target soft cap is really much needed for an ICO to determined the future performance of the project which is their base line. Like if the soft cap will be easily be meet then probably their projects are feasible the masses in which it attract more people to invest then if the result is the opposite then probably they should stop and create a new plan for improvement.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:37:10 AM

Softcap is part of a marketing strategy to strengthen investor confidence in the project.
this is needed so that more investors are interested in investing. and ensure that the project runs well.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 08:48:06 AM

Is it necessary for an ICO to have soft-cap or does it show a sign of weakness and missing confidence?
Softcap actually is really important for developer itself. Because they must already plan their project for worst condition. I mean with softcap, it must include money that they will use for anything that not expected before. So they not face any serious problem when develop their project.

guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:51:49 AM

Today many bounty hunters are looking for projects whose sales have reached Soft Cap. Developers must work hard to be able to do fundraising. And to attract investors, this is certainly not easy. And if you can get a project where sales have reached Soft Cap, it is certainly very feasible to follow.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:30:34 AM

These soft caps are way too high. Most can be done for around half a million dollars. It is just greed that requires them to request millions in unnecessary funding most of which won't go anywhere near it
When the project has large discrepancies in the amounts between Soft and Hard, this makes me very suspicious.  Recently saw the project Soft 1m $, Hard 45m.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:36:18 AM

When the project has large discrepancies in the amounts between Soft and Hard, this makes me very suspicious.  Recently saw the project Soft 1m $, Hard 45m.
Yes, I agree that there should not be much difference between Soft and Hard. I believe that the existence of Soft is possible, but this is a kind of reinsurance of the creators of the project.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 09:44:38 AM

To achieve some of the objectives of the project need a minimum amount of money that set the developers. This amount is called soft cap. If this amount is not reached, the project can be considered as failed and unsuccessful.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:47:52 AM

Achievement of soft cap guarantees further development of the project. As you know, many projects have only an idea and for its implementation they need funds and the future will depend on the achievement of softcap or hardcap. Nevertheless, it is not a guarantee that the project will be able to implement its plans.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: