Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:44:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know a good crypto.  (Read 406 times)
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:04:03 AM

First thing to take note of is if the dev/team are active.

Next thing to observe is if the team are passionate about the project.

And finally the level of professionalism. i.e - do they have a quality website? Has everything they posted been thoroughly proof read? i.e no typos whatsoever?

Thats what i generally look out for - for starters.

If i spot a typo anywhere in their ANN or on their website then i know they can't be serious.
There are many good cryptos are available in the market, So we should know the promising cryptocurrency and desire crypto for our convenient platform. I always suggest to pick the huge marketcap coin and take risk at long term investment. If they want to start short term investment must gain some knowledge in small scale investment.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Albert Smith

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:49:23 PM

Personally i'd stay away from alts.  Look back over the years at coinmarketcap and you will see the top 10 ever changing.  Bitcoin doesn't need the same intensive management when making an investment.
emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:30:39 PM

I would like to know how too, but it is mostly depend on luck, I think I could find some promising ICO with amazing white paper, decent roadmap, powerful devs team, and superb tech, but that will account for sheer 5% of a successful ICO? And luck is very vague explanation, may be timing, the market condition and some unknown that play a major rate into a good ICO, I would say you trying to bet on one good ICO, good luck with that, you may get better luck by betting on 100-200 ICO.
Most of the ICO projects right now are affected by the current situation of the market and aside from that many investors are trying not to risk their money due to a high possibility that they will lose everything, that's why most projects even the good ones are being abandoned for now because no one would take that risk.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 09:41:05 PM

A "good crypto" is a coin that has many uses or at least a singular strong use case. The question you want to ask: Can it benefit new residents or new employee.

EndimyonsDream

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 11:38:58 PM

A "good crypto" is a coin that has many uses or at least a singular strong use case. The question you want to ask: Can it benefit new residents or new employee.

I would say that what you say is indeed a good coin, but that is not enough for something to be a "good crypto". "Good crypto" is much wider term and I think there are much more factors that make a "good crypto" besides just a strong use case.
Mashfiqun

Activity: 100
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 07:12:02 AM
Merited by Lucius (1)

Like you said, there are lots of scam ICOs and coins. Maybe because you don't need many things to get a coin up and running. One guy told me it took less than a dollar to create a contract address for a token.
And the problem is that most of the scam ICOs set up their website and informations really well to make it believable. Some of them get featured on big crypto blogs, but at the end of the day it turns out to be a scam.
So determining this is really hard than we think.
Sometimes I feel like nowadays investing in ICOs are like gambling.  Roll Eyes
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 08:13:12 AM

If the crypto isn't bitcoin then you're buying that coin at your own risk because apart from bitcoin every other crypto aren't worth been classified as good crypto. Most of them are bringing in nothing new and won't last upto 5years before they run out of business because business (making profit) was actually their motivation for token/coin creation.

Another hint, if you see a coin adding the name bitcoin to their project just forget about it and move on because it's a scam project just trying to benefits from the bitcoin hype and mislead newbie into thinking it's the main bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kkgfhj123

Activity: 56
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 08:49:40 AM

I would say the only solution is listen and read all but do not trust any. All fake info can be created. Do not trust any, be alert. Invest what you can afford losing.

These above lines are only for ICO, please do not misunderstand that I am addressing this generally.
akihikohideaki

Activity: 364

FABA

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 10:48:14 AM

Indeed, we need to be careful and further research to be able to identify cryptocurrecy projects that are feasible to invest.
Based on my observations, there are several important points that can also be taken into consideration and references before we choose.
1. We must understand and ensure that the Technical Information of the Product or Project they offer is truly relevant.
2. We must know whether the Product Innovation or Project produced truly represents the market needs so that it has a high selling power
3. We must know what and who are the targets of their products or projects
4. We must ensure that the project shows transparency in achieving transparent sales.

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
tspmhack1

Activity: 376

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:10:48 AM

If you want to know if it's good or not, base on the following:
1. See if the team is real or not?
2. See the development roadmap
3. Field of study and practical application potential
4. Partner and advisory team
5. The community is strong enough

Good luck! Wink
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2019, 05:55:41 AM

When it comes to the ICO, I would say that transparency is the biggest factor I would consider before making any investment decision in the same. If you know the people and their past record who are involved with the project then you have a better picture to analyse the possibilities of the future with that project. I am not saying that every project having good potential can give multi-bagger returns but it has the extra advantage over other non-transparent fancy projects in terms of sustainable growth in the future.
artdisrupt

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 08:13:24 PM

ICO are good platform for making huge profit.although there are scam in the crypto due to high surge of bitcoin hitting $20000.

To detect scam ico , you need to research on their partners and advisors  they claim on the whitepaper , verification of these is very paramount, and you need to check for technology they intended to use , although many have forge new partners and advisors with profile LinkedIn with unknown pictures of people that don't even exist which is difficult to detect.

But in my opinion I checked for licence documentation from a reputable government agency   with the project company name if they are genuine before I participate in such ico. I understand that is difficult for ico founders to penetrate into government agency database. This is what I used as a tool to differentiate scam ico and good ico.
mxdum

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:43:53 PM

It's a relatively simple flowchart:

Is Crypto BTC or ETH? --> Yes --> "Good Crypto"™
      |
      |
      v
     No
      |
      |
      v
  Shitcoin™

Tongue

that is opinion oriented mostly Smiley
i personally categorize ETH as a shitcoin because it is centralized, it had a premine and an ICO, it is not immutable, and it has lots of bugs and exploits.
and anything else that you categorize generally under "shitcoins" has good projects in it too. they are unpopular but they are a lot better than coins like ETH!

yes..! dear totally agree with you if ETH want to become a good coin then they need hard fork or move algo to POS and also fix some bugs like some locks coins etc
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 10:02:57 PM

Well I appreciate your time and effort but honestly this topic has been discussed severally on the forum
And the examples you gave are quite known already
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: