Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit. How to promote your account  (Read 211 times)
halpi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 10:28:29 PM

Hey everyone. We all know that most of bounty articles are written on that board. But bounty administrators don`t give many stakes to empty accounts.
Here a short guide on how to gain some audience.

1. Use hashtags, they are really important and they should be like followback, btc, bitcoin, crypto, ifb, like etc.
2. Don`t be ashamed to ask your friends for some upvotes and comments, for the first time this is very important.
3. Use https://steembottracker.com/ to promote your post. When your post has many upvotes or if it is upvoted by a whale (an account with huge vote power) your post is bumped and sometimes is shown in the main feed.
4. I have a topic where I help beginners with upvotes - you could apply there Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5038677.0  (I forgot about it, from now on I am going to follow it again)

Add your tricks to promote Steemit. thanks!

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 10:45:38 PM

I think making a high-quality post will give you more audience and make sure it's unique with SEO friendly content since all post is indexing on Google in a few hours or days you can gain more audiences by promoting your helpful and high-quality post through off-page SEO.

If you do off page SEO it can rank up your post in a google search engine and gain audiences from outside. Since you are gaining audiences I'm sure you will also get upvotes that will help the post to bump in steemit.
I tried this before wan I was doing off page SEO just to get a backlink from steemit. My purposes of making a post there is to have a link for SEO purposes but it gains upvotes from other members and newcomers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 12:41:14 AM

Steemit. How to promote your account

4. I have a topic where I help beginners with upvotes - you could apply there Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5038677.0  (I forgot about it, from now on I am going to follow it again)

Is it a subliminal message to promote your account?  Cheesy
I also think if better articles are written instead of dealing with this much, the better audience can gather. Also there will be a huge difference between the audience.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:22:59 AM

I think making a high-quality post will give you more audience and make sure it's unique with SEO friendly content since all post is indexing on Google in a few hours or days you can gain more audiences by promoting your helpful and high-quality post through off-page SEO.

I am sorry that your understanding on Steemit SEO is not correct. You need to read the below article to understand what I meant.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@achim03/how-to-use-steemit-to-make-your-website-more-visible-on-search-engines

If your post is not upvoted enough,then you are not going to seen by Google,no matter how good is your content.

@OP, I replied on your other topic.

I am alive
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 07:16:46 AM

When I first openened an account with Steemit, I created a clubroom for members to help each other with upranking, I called it Steem Rewards. I backed away from Steemit when I started to get request to pay $100+ amounts to promote my posts. I decided that it had the appearance of a ponzi as a result of this.That was a good few months ago, and maybe it has matured enough for me to revisit the project. It would be useful for me to find some more sites that reward content producers with crypto.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:16:28 AM

Steemit has an option to promote your articles and blogs, where you pay a fee and your content gets boosted. This is similar ti what we have on other social media platforms, like Facebook, twitter etc.
Organic growth is the best, having an audience and offering quality product. This would also give you better interactions.
Amd also it takes time.

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 09:23:29 AM

My concern with Steemit was that business about paying to promote posts, nd that seemed to be their only source of revenue. This is why I started to think it was a sophisticated ponzi. I'd love it if someone could explain why this is incorrect, as I need some more platforms that pay for content.

I've been experimenting with the Brave browser, and they have just introduced paid advertising, and the ability to share the revenue with their supporters. I can understand that business model.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
r1s2g3

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:38:41 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), DdmrDdmr (1)

My concern with Steemit was that business about paying to promote posts, nd that seemed to be their only source of revenue. This is why I started to think it was a sophisticated ponzi. I'd love it if someone could explain why this is incorrect, as I need some more platforms that pay for content.

I guess you and I joined steemit at same time and I guess you now abandoned your steemit account.

First I will explain shortcoming of steemit. (I guess you might be already aware of it.)
1. Most of the steem power is concentrated with bid bots/founder (upto 60 %) , so upvote by normal user is not worth at all.
2. Majority of user are promoting their subpar content by the use of bid bot and depending upon your luck, your $100 investment in that subpar content can fetch $90 to $110. (loss of $10 to profit of $10).  $10 for a subpar post is a great payment if you got lucky.
3. Steemit witness (or in other words miners) openly support the bid bot and this culture is to stay.
4. Steem is instamined and Ned Scott is running the platform by selling instamined steem. There is no revenue source generated for steemit.
5. Steemit discussion happens more on discord channels than steemit.
6. Steemit introduce new feature of "RC" that do not allow you to write more than 3 comments in a day if you have not invested in steem
   power. Invest in platform first to write in that platform is a serious limitation and keep away the good bloggers.

What is good about Steemit.
1. There are various project in sttemit like @curie which reward the good writers. If you are good writer then you will be helped.
2.Various blockchain games like steemmonster and drugwars are created on it and you can earn steem by playing the games
3. Concept like Steem-bounty help you to connect with your target audience effectively.
4.Promoting content in steemit is cheap (do not confuse it with bid bot). For a mere 33 cent , you can reach upto 1000 people, promoting your ideas/services and business.
5.Transactions are free.

Is it a sophisticated ponzi?
I will say no. I will say it is a good platform but poorly managed.

I am alive
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 05:54:44 PM

My account on Steemit is upr8 , and I've got a couple of hundred followers. Is it worth trying to revive it do you think?

Can I use the account to help you?

r1s2g3

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:42:22 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Is it worth trying to revive it do you think?

Your account SP is currently 5, I guess you will be able to do a maximum of 1 post in a day so you certainly need to put some steem in it before you use it.

Now there are 2 paths that you can take.

Path1.
Creating your own post.
If you want to create your own post and want to see some upvote/payment on it , then you have to be ready the bid bots  and to be open to contact people in discord to support you as writer.

Path2.
Comment/discuss on good content.
Finding a good content in steemit is difficult (Google do not provide SEO to all steemit post and reason you will find in this Steemit post
But if you like to go in this path then I will pm you the details and idea on how to find the good/interesting content without wasting time.

Currently , I am using Steemit to play steemmonster game and posting my daily rewards reports. I am not much involved in posting.

I am alive
Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 08:41:26 AM

Thanks for the offer. Maybe I should make a few more social posts, they seem to be best for me. It's a bit misty at the moment, but if it brightens up, I'll see if i can take some pics of my friends one-eyed dog, and post a bit about the story behind the accident. They seem to like that sort of thing there. It may be worth reviving the Steem rewards site as well. a few links are always useful.

I could even post some cooking tips. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: