Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Locked out of HitBTC  (Read 199 times)
Zigoman (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:59:11 PM

It seems I have been locked out of my account over a month now by HitBTC since I deposited some thousands of LIFE coin in their wallet.
I enter my correct email and password which takes me to authentication but 2FA always says "incorrect or expired code". I have sent hundreds
of tickets to their support team but not even a single reply.
Any advice on what to do to recover my funds?
Your advice would be highly appreciated
Thanks
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:02:18 PM

Unfortunately, the hitbtc support team is very weak, I hope you make progress
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:02:45 PM

Their customer service is very poor. They will replay in few days’ time. For me it looks like you have to setup the 2fa again. Do you have the 2fa backup code?      

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
jamirrah

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:05:51 PM

Their customer service is very poor. They will replay in few days’ time. For me it looks like you have to setup the 2fa again. Do you have the 2fa backup code?      
It would be good if OP has the 2fa back up code so he can set it up again and all back to normal but if not then have no choice but to wait for their response. In my case it took them 2weeks to fix my issue before.

joann15

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that. Always follow up your concern to them until they notice it because that's your money what we are talking about they've should take care of your funds. Well bittrex has also worst support too. I hope that they will fix your account as soon as possible.

Ghalamen

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:12:28 PM

so ppooorr hitbtc wtf you are locked tout from when?
Zigoman (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:14:00 PM

Hi Rejosh,
Thank you very much for your positive answer as this have given me some hope that my funds are still intact
I have added the backup for 2FA instead of the code but it still cannot allow me.
How do I reinstal 2FA?
Rkay786

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:29:51 AM

very bad support services i'm facing same issue
VisualizeByte09F9

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:25:18 AM

KYC Locked account?

If you can login and trade

your account can be cashed (btc) out.

Method takes about 50% 0.1BTC minimum account size.

escrow available.

contact me for details https://keybase.io/victorbytes09f9
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 04:17:50 AM

Many say that there is a hitbtc issue and many scam it so that ieo projects do not want to list it there because it can be dead project or become a scam even more so other projects to list of ieo to small exchangers.
Erickan

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 04:29:33 AM

That is why you have to choose a good exchange, dedicated customer support. I don't use HitBTC, but in this case the only thing you can do is wait until you get feedback from their team. You can contact them through many ways: Telegram, facebook, twitter .. To speed up the process, but not sure it will work. Hope you will soon log in to your account and get your money back.
Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 05:11:14 AM

It seems I have been locked out of my account over a month now by HitBTC since I deposited some thousands of LIFE coin in their wallet.
I enter my correct email and password which takes me to authentication but 2FA always says "incorrect or expired code". I have sent hundreds
Thanks
I don't know if you have been able to get your problem sorted out. But as you may know, Hitbtc is not good with support team. But if you are locked out, you will not be able to login again so I believe this is a 2fa issue.
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 05:12:30 AM

Dont trust Hitbtc their exchange is really not that good when you compared it to bigger exchange. Fees sometime is unrralisitcally high which traders will really complain with. Not good one for simple person who loves trading altcoins.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 05:50:38 AM

You have done a good way by sending a complaint to the support team, that means you are right. My advice is to continue doing it, so there is an answer. I also started to get bored with HitBTC, finally I left HitBTC 2 months ago, when I considered the withdrawal fees to be very expensive. Does not make sense.
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 06:43:18 AM

It means you have lost your 2FA key, and I think there is no other way to recover your funds other than requesting the HitBTC support system to disable your 2FA. For it, I think the HitBTC support system requires you to provide your ID card details. Only then you can again submit your KYC information and then you can get back your tokens.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 07:01:33 AM

It means you have lost your 2FA key, and I think there is no other way to recover your funds other than requesting the HitBTC support system to disable your 2FA. For it, I think the HitBTC support system requires you to provide your ID card details. Only then you can again submit your KYC information and then you can get back your tokens.

Guy already sent hundreds of tickets and there were a lot of bad reports about HITBTC, it used to be a good exchange but now they are starting to scam their users and the bad reports are mounting, I think it's time to create a report about your experience on the scam section if you still haven't created one.

Samboo

Activity: 434

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 07:25:12 AM

Guy already sent hundreds of tickets and there were a lot of bad reports about HITBTC, it used to be a good exchange but now they are starting to scam their users and the bad reports are mounting, I think it's time to create a report about your experience on the scam section if you still haven't created one.

I have also heard previously bad about HitBTC. A section of the people have been claiming that BitBTC is scamming them under various pretexts. But I did not believe? as how could I as HitBTC was doing well and catering to a mass of traders. But I cannot believe even now. But the news has made people think twice before working with the exchange.

kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 08:11:23 AM

Have you tried to contact with the HITBTC support further? Their support is too slow. There's nothing you can do much.
On a side note, HITBTC has hundreds of complaints and you must have do research before deposit.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 08:15:51 AM

Thanks

I'm sorry about your situation. I had a problem with a small investment. And I opened three records on this. It's been two years. Still there is no answer. I hope you can get yours.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 09:28:46 AM

The fact that you've mentioned that you've already sent hundreds of ticket to support makes it more complicated as they have to deal with those tickets redundantly and could be very time consuming. I guess maybe you try to contact them through other channels of communications to speed up the resolution of your issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: