Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:36:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Fees: $300k is Charged for Sending $14 ETH  (Read 159 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:48:51 PM

Ethereum (ETH), the second bull cryptocurrency after Bitcoin, has a massive number of users but one of them is drawing out another mortgage following a charge of more than 2100 ETH in an attempt to send someone $14 worth of ETH. This fee is abnormal and appears as if it was a mistake, but the customer’s account is still active meaning that the possibilities of making such kind of a mistake is high.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/ethereum-fees-charged/

muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:52:56 PM

Ethereum (ETH), the second bull cryptocurrency after Bitcoin, has a massive number of users but one of them is drawing out another mortgage following a charge of more than 2100 ETH in an attempt to send someone $14 worth of ETH. This fee is abnormal and appears as if it was a mistake, but the customer’s account is still active meaning that the possibilities of making such kind of a mistake is high.

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/ethereum-fees-charged/

I think there is a mistake here. It is not possible to happened. I am not sure you can or cannot if you even want to pay it. And it is not normal. I can't even imagine if I live that experience.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:07:18 PM

I heard about this case two days ago. I still do not understand how this could happen, such a mistake could be made only by a drunk person or who is in a bad state of health.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 09:49:33 PM

Lol, I have a correction
The money was not charged by etherum because even the fastest gas fee cost less than 1$

It was done probably inconsensually by the owner of the wallet
Maybe due to an overexcited state
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 09:52:18 PM

Yeah, I have seen it in many places yesterday. It is interesting how this kind of mistake was made. Maybe someone just wanted to try it. lol.
In any case, in this business some miners made great profit.
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:00:44 PM

He must be an idiot, it's almost impossible to do it and when he has so much funds of ETH on his wallet he should know how to send it. It could also be a typing error but a very expensive one having lost his complete ETH balance.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:20:36 PM

There is more to this than calling it a mistake,  if you have such large amount of Eth, it would have been wise to divide the holding, and use the wallet with small Eth to make transactions. Exposing a wallet with such large amount of Eth is not wisdom.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:28:06 PM

Lol, I have a correction
The money was not charged by etherum because even the fastest gas fee cost less than 1$

I guess if that was the human error, this has happened in the past when the block of ethereum gets overloaded. Someone was putting the wrong amount of fees and he was paying more than 10k for less than 0.1 eth transaction. This needs more investigation
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:30:52 PM

I believe the code is law, so there is no such way to happen accident like this. If there were, devs would have found the lack already. There must be some mistake like Gas price. Anyways we learn from mistakes if the owner made it, never use wallets in hurry. Cheesy
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:38:50 PM

This is really a huge mistake. But someone review its history just a day before this he also made a mistake the address sent 0.170000000000000002 ETH or roughly $24, for a total of 3990.00000000000004 ETH in fees. Anyways there is a similar thread ahead of this in previous days, Its better to lock it mate. It has been tackled here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5111978.0
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:59:30 PM

Certainly, this has got to be a huge mistake of the millennium. Am surprised to see such and I think this has to be the first time I will be seeing this. The unfortunate part about this is that, there is no hope of a reversal, meaning the funds are lost forever. One has to be very careful when carrying out this transactions and must double check or triple check to ensure everything is in order before pushing the send button.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:05:25 PM

This is trending now because other people did not believe because they are set fees who are given by the wallet and other people believe on this. In my personal opinion it is real because it depends to the wallet of the op possible they use maybe they can set for the 300k dollars to the wallet they send not from the fees but it switch it is the biggest mistake I see in my entire life here in cryptocurrency and I think that people are very depressed right now. K
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:10:35 PM

I have read someone said that it can be a money laundering. I'm still not very familiar on how the network of ethereum works and can't deeply understand mining with it and on how this was able to happen.

I think there is a mistake here. It is not possible to happened.
There can be a mistake but this didn't happened for once with ethereum. There are other incident that happened with bitcoin from the past and sadly, this can happen again. The miners who mined the block by that time surely got a decent reward.
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:14:48 PM

This situation looks very strange. This is not a hike for a mistake. I wonder why someone made this mistake and why the pools did not pay the reward to the miners who mined these blocks.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:29:03 PM

Lol, I have a correction

I guess if that was the human error, this has happened in the past when the block of ethereum gets overloaded. Someone was putting the wrong amount of fees and he was paying more than 10k for less than 0.1 eth transaction. This needs more investigation
IMHO something is not right on article. Similar cases happened in the past and i remember one of them about Japanese trader who sent 300mln$ instead of 30mln$. Later bank representative decided to freeze all outgoing transactions from that bank account and Japanese trader is fired for the same exact reason you mentioned here.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:59:08 PM

Even those savvy programmers are just people and mistakes in the world of blockchain are unforgivable by the system. And this message is not going to attract new potential users. A single mistake that can ruin your life? Fear is a great manipulator and no one will ever admit that it was a single transaction among MILLIONS of others that have been filled correctly. Media will love this message- but the outcome will be just negative for us  Sad.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: