Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon Grin Asic  (Read 464 times)
minefarmbuy (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 11:03:27 PM

Anyone got pricing from them yet? Will update when we do.

http://innosilicon.com/html/grin-miner/index.html

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:19:11 AM

Anyone got pricing from them yet? Will update when we do.

http://innosilicon.com/html/grin-miner/index.html

There is no hash rate announcement. So it is quite risky to pay deposit now.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 08:28:12 PM

Anyone get one of these beasts on a pre-order. Hard to tell ROI on 'vaporware' but I'm looking for giggles anyway.

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
minefarmbuy (OP)

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:43:49 PM

I believe first batch is Sept release. G32 asics are our second best selling series atm. Let's hope for less vapor, and more to liquid or solid release of these.

Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:27:42 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2019, 07:37:58 PM by Searing
Merited by dbshck (4), CjMapope (2)

I believe first batch is Sept release. G32 asics are our second best selling series atm. Let's hope for less vapor, and more to liquid or solid release of these.

Yeah, I just can't justify it at:

1-The tariff of 27.6% including import fees to the USA.

2-Shipping the beast to boot costs on top of that.

3-Innsilicon won't say how many are pre-ordered or we have a way to even guess.

4-The first batch of any new algorithm is always iffy! Obelisk Grin Units are no more for that reason.

5-The powers that be are completely freaked about Bitcoin, imagine if they get a grasp of GRIN and Mimblewimble!

6-And the price is way too high for a pre-order IMHO. Add the China Tariff on this and truly doomed!

7-Pre-Orders rarely arrive on time. In my experience, the average at best is around 2 months late by the time they hit your porch.

8-Seems in the USA the IRS is gonna send me a letter, so I may have other fun issues to play with

9-Lastly, not a slam, if I get stuff from you guys instead, a bit more, you have to make a profit. (Do you at least have a year warranty or something to justify going thru you?)

On the other hand, I'm kinda pissed off about all the crypto FUD by the current Trump Administration, the price is not where I want it to be and Facebook Libra fiasco, and

of course, when I'm at such points in time, a truly 'stupid/off the wall/senseless and truly futile gesture' being entirely inappropriate is how I usually roll.

Or as I like to say, 'stupid' newbie tricks that worked in the past.

Worked in 2013 for KNC Jupiter 550gh BTC miner.

Worked in 2014 for KNC Neptune switched to a KNC Titan for more Algos to play with.

Worked in 2016 on a risky no-return buy of KNC Liquidation Titans with no real warranty or even we would get KNC Titans.

Worked in 2017 getting Bitmain L3's from China (not available in USA site at that time) via www.eastshore.xyz

(Eastshore did have a year warranty by the by back then) April 1st ordered on a whim.

Bitmain L3+'s when available from USA site finally.

Again, did so on April Fool's day and got laughed on here saying before LTC $6 was the floor on price on L3 orders before. Smiley

DID NOT WORK IN 2018 for 8 Bitmain L3+'s, but one does not expect a 75% drop in BTC prices don't ya know. Got my ass handed to me!

2019 NO FRIGGING IDEA! ??

So yeah, something stupid is probably called for, I've not decided yet as I await my IRS letter of doom Sad

Probably flipping a coin on all above major decisions would be more likely to work out, I've gotten less brave the farther from Newbie status I get. Sad

Crypto: Always Drama!

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
babos8383

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 08:55:47 PM

miner for 11 thousand dollars is certainly too much. it is necessary to make more accessible devices. for such a cost is risky to take

▒██████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▐███████████████████████████▓▄
                         ▀▀███████▓▄
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▄   ██████▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░  ▄▄  █████▌
    ▐██████████████████████▄▀██▄ █████▌
    ▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐█████
                        █████▌▐█▌ ▒████
                       ▓█████ ▐▀  █████
    ▐███████████████████████▀▄▄▄ ▐█████
    ▐█████████████████████▀ ▓██ ▐█████▌
    ▄                   ▄▄▄    ▓█████░
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▀▀▀  ▄▄█████▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀
    ▐██████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRIFE

▄██████▄
             ▄██████████▄
             ████    ████
             ████▄▄▄▄████
              ██████████

▄   ▀██████▀
     ▄███▀       ▀██▀
    ▐████▄▄       ▐▌
      ▀█████████▄▄▄
         ▀████████████▄
           ██████████████
           ██████████████
         ▄██████████████
NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM
████  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  ████
       ▄█████▄▄
     █████▀█████
    ▐███▌   ▐███▌
    ▐████▄▄▄████▌
     ▀█████████▀
       ▀█████▀
         ███
       ▀███▄
                ▄█████
           ▄▄▄▄████████▀
      ▄▄████████████▀
     █████████████▌
    ▐█████████████▌
     ███████████████▄

▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
                 █████▀▀     ▀█████▄
                █████           █████
               █████             ████▌
        ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
      █████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
     █████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███████████▀▀  ▀▀▀█████████
      ██████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀███████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀██████
       ▀▀██▌  ▐█████   ███████  ▐█████   ███▀
               █████             █████
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 09:39:43 PM

miner for 11 thousand dollars is certainly too much. it is necessary to make more accessible devices. for such a cost is risky to take

Yep. Also in the USA add 26.7% import tax and of that, you have 25% tariff from China and it is really, really, not worth the risk.

The ONLY compensation is I could take 25% off my gross income from the IRS and taxes on what I'm mining for this year 2019.

In that I'm NOT mining anything, even that does not work to offset the above, that would have to be from mining gross income. Sad

Even the G32-500 they want $3500 bucks with PSU and this is less 25% tariff and shipping costs.

If you wanted to gamble in the USA you could 'bet' that tariffs would be OFF by the time the unit actually shipped

but you'd also have to bet that BTC and especially Alt Coins like GRIN Coin had also bounced back from these low prices on top of the 25% tariff going away.

Also, in my experience since 2013, (see the other post by me, above, for more) pre-orders in the past EVEN THE LEGIT ONES on average are 2 months late.

Indeed, it could be Jan of 2020 by the time this beastie ended up on your door, even without the 25% tariff to the USA.

Sheesh.

Brad

minefarmbuy (OP)

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 10:42:40 PM

I think each person has their own risk tolerance. My budget doesn't allow for the 1800 model either. The mini might be fun still but anything new is probably going to be over de minimis in the US.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: