Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible that the new coin(PoW) just made to steal miners hashrate?  (Read 81 times)
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:09:49 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2019, 01:47:05 PM by socks435

I just recently realize that there are many fake coins created last year and this year.

What I think is if they can use or steal the hashrate from the coins they created and mine Major Coins or other coins instead?

Check this image below.

This is what I mean.

If they can steal the hashrate and they give the new coins as reward and then the hashrate that they steal they use it for mining other coins to make benefits?

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:45:37 PM

That would be ridiculous if possible. So technically, when you dig a coin with a monetary value, someone else gets that value. Is there really a project that can do this?
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:51:00 PM

That would be ridiculous if possible. So technically, when you dig a coin with a monetary value, someone else gets that value. Is there really a project that can do this?

Yeah that is why I was thinking that every new coins just created just to steal hashrate and use it to mine other coin and get rewarded with the new coins which is low value.
If this is possible they get benefits of getting free hashrate from miners while they distribute or give the reward of the specific coin that they mine.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

I just recently realize that there are many fake coins created last year and this year.

What I think is if they can use or steal the hashrate from the coins they created and mine Major Coins or other coins instead?

Check this image below.

This is what I mean.

If they can steal the hashrate and they give the new coins as reward and then the hashrate that they steal they use it for mining other coins to make benefits?
Have you calculated it with the operation cost? They can't do that. I think if that's impossible to happen dude. How they can steal the hashrate? I thought that when there will be a decrease on the hashrate mean less hashrate in the network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: