Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can an exchange that requires KYC call itself as DEX?  (Read 518 times)
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:55:33 PM

if the exchange has KYC, of course it is not dex.
it is definitely a centralized exchange because only a centralized exchange has your private key and requires the KYC to trade it.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:57:41 PM

Of course a DEX cannot demand KYC. This is bs... We need DEXes without KYC.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:59:46 PM

As everyone is saying obviously its not a DEX, that exchange is a clown. Everything that requires kyc is not a dex I made a glimpse on the exchange site they have really done it saying Decentralized P2P Exchange.
I have seen this on their privacy policy.

"Personal information collected in the process of using the membership-based services shall be processed for the following purposes: confirming identity, confirming User age, identifying individuals, preventing/identifying illegal use, preventing unauthorized access, confirming membership intention, membership restrictions, confirming identify of legal representative, preserving records for dispute settlements, processing complaints, and delivering announcements. "
raditerko

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:09:18 AM

lol, sure no. if DEX asks a documents, from that moment it becomes CEX Grin
literaly, how can they check your documents without centralizing?
for me it is even strange when exhcanges ask KYC for small amounts or cryprto-crypto trading.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
--------  Whitepaper (https://www.empirehotels.io/docs/en/whitepaper-en.pdf) ?  Twitter (https://twitter.com/empirehotelsapp) ?   Telegram (https://t.me/shtbounty) ?   Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/empirehotelsapp) ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019  (https://www.empirehotels.io/)
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:18:08 AM

if the exchange has KYC, of course it is not dex.
it is definitely a centralized exchange because only a centralized exchange has your private key and requires the KYC to trade it.

Centralized exchanger must be need KYC to comply with government regulation to avoid from money laundering. If that Korean Exchanger, perhaps government require KYC from every member and i think its fine, but basicly DEX should be not requiring KYC
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 01:27:01 PM

Recently, I've encountered a Korean exchange that requires KYC before you can start trading. Their website says its a DEX.

I got used to the idea that decentralized exchanges like Etherdelta, Forkdelta, DDEX should not require any personal information from traders. Just connect the wallet and that it.

EDIT: For those who are asking for the exchange name, it is Allbit. Based on the replies, it seems that this case is only in S. Korea. Let's hope this does not spread.

In my own opinion, I am not really brainy when it comes to dex or anything but I believe that kyc is one of the important factor in any or all the exchanges, we knew already how important it is as a user and it serves as an security factor.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:27:46 PM

Trading floors from Korea force users to KYC before starting trade. I heard that because their country taxed traders
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:43:52 PM

Thank you for mentioning the name. I will ask the Allbit team, this is not a good manner! And, I would suggest traders avoid these shady exchanges. I don't know why they are asking the user's real identity when the crypto market's nature is decentralized and anonymous! They excuse, KYC is important to prevent scammer and to detect real users only, but what is happening every year? Billions of crypto asset hacked last year from the exchanges! KYC just a formula for them to prove they are a good exchange, but they are wrong here! and KYC verification in a decentralized exchange? Just Ridiculous!

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:49:22 PM

lol, sure no. if DEX asks a documents, from that moment it becomes CEX Grin
literaly, how can they check your documents without centralizing?
for me it is even strange when exhcanges ask KYC for small amounts or cryprto-crypto trading.
The data must be stored somewhere else in the cloud, that itself obviously cancels out the very purpose of being a dex which purpose is to make sure that there is no one storing the client data.
Maybe the government law forces them to do so but nonetheless might aswell off being a centralized exchange instead.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 04:19:52 PM

I guess it can just for the technical reasons and the way transactions are executed. But not for ideological reasons. It really doesn't make sense for such a DEX to exist.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:29:32 PM

It is not possible for a fully decentralized exchange to conduct KYC and still call itself a dex, the reason why it's called a decentralized exchange is because it has no central database or central wallet where the user's activities are being stored. So i will say that any exchange collecting KYC and still referring itself as a DEX is a joke because they are still centralized.
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:00:32 AM

Even if they are a good exchange I will not even try to trade here because I'm having a had time to understand their interface, but I'm surprise that they have good traffic if they only cater for Korean traders, this must be a good exchange for Koreans.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:23:00 AM

> Snip <

im a regular user of decentralized exchanges and im not only trading on one platform but almost all dex exchange ive done testing them out and i dont see any kyc on their sites . what you are saying is true  , only centralized exchange have a kyc but they are not necesary requiring it before you can start using their platform  .  kyc only meant if you want to increase your trading limits  .
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: