Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow address question  (Read 499 times)
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:16:43 PM

Alright, so I'm escrowing the IPO for Pawncoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508824.0) and I noticed something about the escrow address I'm using: 1P8hf47T1tDqVS8dx8y4G3nV7XLNHz6t1z

The problem is that the Total Received differs from the Final Balance. The reason for this is because I had released escrow in an unrelated escrow job and the release apparently pulled some coins from the Pawncoin escrow address. This doesn't affect the actual total coins that people have submitted for the Pawncoin IPO since I still have all of them, but it may be disconcerting to anybody monitoring the IPO address.

Is there any way to lock an address down so that sending coins from my wallet does not affect the balance of a single address?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:20:16 PM

It's possible in Armory and Electrum (Freeze Option).  Not sure about multibit.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

It's possible in Armory and Electrum (Freeze Option).  Not sure about multibit.

Thanks man. I'll check into those options.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:30:41 PM

Alright, so I'm escrowing the IPO for Pawncoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508824.0) and I noticed something about the escrow address I'm using: 1P8hf47T1tDqVS8dx8y4G3nV7XLNHz6t1z

The problem is that the Total Received differs from the Final Balance. The reason for this is because I had released escrow in an unrelated escrow job and the release apparently pulled some coins from the Pawncoin escrow address. This doesn't affect the actual total coins that people have submitted for the Pawncoin IPO since I still have all of them, but it may be disconcerting to anybody monitoring the IPO address.

Is there any way to lock an address down so that sending coins from my wallet does not affect the balance of a single address?

You really shouldn't be offering escrow if you don't know how to secure bitcoins.

Use paper wallets.
or Use coin control wallets
or Use a separate wallet for each escrow.

People are using escrow because they need someone they can trust to handle the transaction properly and secure the bitcoins.  Failing to do those things is failing to provide the service that your clients are requesting of you.
Tomatocage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

Of course, and that's why I asked. Looks like a coin control wallet is what I'll be using from this point forward.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: