Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:53:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the value of Aurora really plummet after airdrop? Or will it rise?  (Read 1204 times)
Coinsy (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

All I keep reading is that Aurora is currently overvalued because there is a 10.5m total coin supply and only so much of it is in circulation since it is a new currency. I get it. Since only so many coins are available for exchange, the coins that can be bought and sold are inflated in price. Basic supply and demand.

Well, my question is, firstly, and correct me if I'm wrong: after airdrop this raises the total coin supply to 21 million, correct? So Aur will have a total coin supply of 21 million with how much Aurora in circulation? We all know all of Iceland isn't getting their 31 Aur on March 25th. It will certainly be a gradual airdrop assuming it's executed as planned. Not every Icelander will be claiming its 31 Aur right away, if at all.

So assuming the actual exchangeable coin supply on March 24th isn't that much different from the exchangeable coin supply on March 25th, and the total coin supply on March 25th doubles from 10.5m to 21m, with the same supply and demand theory applied to the March 25th market capitalization, its price should increase. Since only so many coins are available for exchange, the coins that can be bought and sold are inflated in price. Basic supply and demand. Not to mention, the percentage of coins that can be exchanged after airdrop are a drastically smaller fraction than pre-airdrop.

A rough numbers look based on very rough estimates:

March 24th - 200,000 liquid coin supply/10,500,000 total coin supply  = 1.9% liquid Aurora that can be traded hands against the market cap

March 25th (Airdrop) - 300,000 liquid coin supply /21,000,000 total coin supply (let's say for whatever reason liquid coin supply increases by 100,000 over night)  =  1.4% liquid Aurora that can be traded hands against the market cap

TL;DR, shouldn't we be considering the price of Aur to spike after March 25th?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

Nice try but fail

The real question to be asked is why the devs refuse to take any measure to prevent that obvious that the air drop is nothing more than a way to launder the premine.

The only way to prevent this is for the devs to turn over the premine to a trusted third party and remove themselves entirely from the air drop.

Something they have made clear, they will not do.

Furthermore, the Icelandic Government has absolutely nothing to do with this and no one even knows if the devs are actually in Iceland as claimed.

Looking at the logistical impossibility of disbursing these coins, this is becoming a blatant in your face scam with each passing day.

~BCX~

Devs are pretty much guaranteed not to be in Iceland. Coin would be illegal to distribute in Iceland from everything I've read

Producer
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:43:37 PM

Whether or not I believe the devs legitimately plan this airdrop, when I think about how ludicrous the logistics are, I pretty much end up answering my own question.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

can't wait to see the airdrop (DUMP) ill be eating some popcorn Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Coinsy (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:14:47 PM

Nice try but fail
Oh, how did I fail?

The real question to be asked is why the devs refuse to take any measure to prevent that obvious that the air drop is nothing more than a way to launder the premine.

The only way to prevent this is for the devs to turn over the premine to a trusted third party and remove themselves entirely from the air drop.

Something they have made clear, they will not do.

Furthermore, the Icelandic Government has absolutely nothing to do with this and no one even knows if the devs are actually in Iceland as claimed.

Looking at the logistical impossibility of disbursing these coins, this is becoming a blatant in your face scam with each passing day.

~BCX~
That's great, but that's more on the conspiracy side of things. I'm looking more at the numbers and economics side of things.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:31:33 PM

Yes it will free fall. Er um, literally!  Wink
Coinsy (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:35:26 PM

Yes it will free fall. Er um, literally!  Wink
I understand that's the theory. Explain your reasoning, and why the decreased percentage of liquid coins post-Airdrop won't affect the price (pretending that the Airdrop will be effective).
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:42:44 PM

popquiz:

What does the average Joe do with money after he receives it ?

uhm, spend it maybe ?  Shocked

so what do you recon the average joe in iceland gonna do huh ? after he gets free money brainiac ?

and what does he have to do first when he wants to spend auroracoin ?  Smiley

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Coinsy (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:54:56 PM

popquiz:

so what do you recon the average joe in iceland gonna do huh ? after he gets free money brainiac ?

The average Joe won't be getting his 31 Aur on March 25th.
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:06:11 PM

popquiz:

aha ok, so it is going to be some special targeted airdrop that only drops the money on the safers and speculators in the icelandic economy in the beginning of the airdrop and not on the 80 % or so of the population that just spends all the money that comes in every month or what ?

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:10:48 PM

Not every Icelander will be claiming its 31 Aur right away, if at all.

And what will happen to all these "if collected at all" coins you mention ?
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:27:32 PM

popquiz:

don't you mean the average Sigurður don't be getting jack shit come march 25th?

Seems appropriate there isn't a single icelander in the development team for an 'icelandic' currency.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Coinsy (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:54:30 PM

popquiz:

aha ok, so it is going to be some special targeted airdrop that only drops the money on the safers and speculators in the icelandic economy in the beginning of the airdrop and not on the 80 % or so of the population that just spends all the money that comes in every month or what ?
I expect those who have heard of the crypto to come and attempt to claim their stake on day 1. I don't expect them to be allotted their stake on day one. I also do not expect much of Iceland to come claim their stake unless a larger media presence takes place on the focus of this coin. This results in a lot of unclaimed Aurora at the outset of the airdrop.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:56:16 PM

I think a larger media presence is almost guaranteed by the theme of this coin.
Coinsy (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:57:03 PM

I think a larger media presence is almost guaranteed by the theme of this coin.
Well, if the airdrop is effective, yes.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:05:31 AM

I think its likely whether the air drop is completed or not.
oneway

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:34:13 AM

We all know what happened to a premined coin after the pump stage: the dump; Try the next premined one...
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:37:13 AM

No, the price will not rise, or if it does it will be by sheer manipulation and pumping, in which case it will crash immediately after.

You see, Aurora is scam, not just an ordinary scam, but one predicated on a lie that will be exposed when the airdrop goes wrong.

Why people even believe what they are told about it is beyond me.

Someone was even going on about "feeding Iceland" ffs!

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: