Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [>100%] MAXKEISER.bitcoinfilm - Dividends where payed -> issue worthless"  (Read 10501 times)
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 09:52:44 PM

Ahh OK my bad Grin Yeah Mitchell Bourne has done an amazing job so he deserves our applause. *clap clap* He's been doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes trying to make it work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 10:09:08 PM

I'm sure most conferences that Max Keiser goes to will pay his air fares, but I understand why the Prague conference can't do so. And therefore I understand why Max's costs have gone up, now that he knows he has to pay for his and Stacey's flights. Fair enough.

I've made a donation, and I encourage others to. Max has a big following, and for him to make a 25-minute documentary would be fantastic for the growth of Bitcoin.
BitcoinMint.US

Activity: 284
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 02:47:19 AM

I was wondering what that ticker was about.
bitcoinspot.nl

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 09:02:20 AM

Well i'm really sorry, i (if i say myself) am pretty good with computers, but i cant figure out the glbse procedure to buy shares.
And the idea of giving somebody else bitcoins has proven to be a bad idea.

So: please give some instructions on the glbse thing.

I think that a lot of people share my view about not wanting to send bitcoins to a stranger.
Alse i find it difficult to do the glbse thing, and i predict that the majority of users will experience the same.

If you want more people to fund the project, please make it simple.
If you create some straightforward instructions, i will donate 5 bitcoins.

ok thanks.

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
avoid3d

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 09:15:48 AM

I will make a guide to the glbse today - awesome idea Smiley

however, be advised that buying shares is sending money to a random stranger, in this case the nice gentlemen trying to get funds together to promote bitcoin. your BTC go to him in this case (if I have read his comments right) Smiley

avoid3d - Pierre Hugo
1avoid9FDvP15aKNyPGgJPcxfzMFM4Af6
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 09:34:40 AM

So: please give some instructions on the glbse thing.

I totally see your point and I agree. So let me try to give the simplest possible instruction to buy shares:

1.) Sign Up and Create an Account

• open browser to https://glbse.com/client/glbse/index.html, enter a password to encrypt locally stored data, click "Go"
  • You should now be in "Account Managment", click "Register New Account"
  • You should now be in "Create New Account", click button "Generate new KeyPair" and enter an account name (any name will do) in "Enter a name for this account", click "Register"
  • You should be back in "Account Managment" and see the newly created account. Click the "Use" button next to the account name you entered before.

2.) Deposit funds

• On the "Account Page" (It says "Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange" as title and there's a menu on the left), you can see your bitcoin balance on the top left below the title. Lets deposit some bitcoins by choosing "Deposit Funds" from the menu.
  • You're now on sub-page "Deposit Funds", click button "Get Deposit Address". You will see a bitcoin address in the text field below the button you just clicked.
  • Send some bitcoins to that address and wait for (I think) 7 confirmations. Click the "refresh"-icon to the right of your balance to see if the funds have arrived. (I sometimes get an error "verification failed due to incorrect signature", also when using other menu items. Dont worry too early, it seems to reliably work on second try)
  • You should now see your funds in the balance (top left)

3.) Buy shares

• Choose "buy" from the menu.
  • Enter "MAXKEISER.bitcoinfilm" into field "Enter the asset id"
  • Enter "5" (for example) into field "Enter the quantity you want to buy"
  • Enter "1" into field "Enter the price you are willing to pay"
  • Click button "Buy"
  • To verify you have bought the shares, you can choose "Portfolio" from the menu. You should also see the transaction in "Bitcoin History" and "Assets History".
  • To see the status of the Asset, choose "Asset" from the menu, enter "MAXKEISER.bitcoinfilm" into field "Enter the Asset id" and click button "Get Details"

4.) Backup the keys

The keys for an account are stored as local data somehow in your browser. Maybe not a safe enough place... to make a backup, do the following:

• go back to the "Account Managment" page by clicking button "Accounts List"
  • click button "Export Accounts"
  • click mouse in the big text area that appears and hit Ctrl-A or otherwise select all the text
  • paste that text into a new text file and store safely somewhere

I hope this helps. Please point out any mistakes.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 09:39:21 AM

however, be advised that buying shares is sending money to a random stranger, in this case the nice gentlemen trying to get funds together to promote bitcoin. your BTC go to him in this case (if I have read his comments right) Smiley

This is true. However note that I gave my email address, bitcointalk and irc alias in the contract. Not much more I can do.

I'll even give people my real name and address via PM upon request.

At some point, you'll just have to just trust, I guess.

In the end, we additionally have to trust PirateMyFilm and Max Keiser, too, to actually produce the film (and do so in a way that sheds positive light on bitcoin).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:04:40 AM

Although the whole experience of handling GLBSE with all the different sites for charts, info, trading history etc etc is a little tedious, the security precautions are TOP of the line and an example of how it's to be done.
bitcoinspot.nl

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2011, 12:56:26 PM

OK, done

just bought 5 shares for 1 btc each

i would recommend that you spread the word around once more, with this little tutorial.
and maybe a little explanation on what this film is about etc etc.
If you want to make people do something, it has so be clear what they are buying and easy to do it.
Maybe a little poster as a teaser ?
Smiley

Ok sorry for my nagging, but i would think its great if this would succeed.

greetz from holland.

- bitcoinspot.nl - Alles over bitcoin! -
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 01:32:23 PM

OK, done

just bought 5 shares for 1 btc each

i would recommend that you spread the word around once more, with this little tutorial.
and maybe a little explanation on what this film is about etc etc.
If you want to make people do something, it has so be clear what they are buying and easy to do it.
Maybe a little poster as a teaser ?
Smiley

Ok sorry for my nagging, but i would think its great if this would succeed.

greetz from holland.

Dank for de nederländische support Wink

About spreading the word: one can only tell people so often before it's considered spam. I've put up this thread (obviously) and I try to keep it alive so people see it. From time to time I point people on #bitcoin irc channel to the thread, but as said, I don't want to appear spammy. I also try to spread word on twitter (don't have any considerable amount of followers, though).

There's a lot of other places where one could spread the word (other thread on bitcointalk, other forums, pool pages, bitcoin new sites, irc channels, etc pp), and I encourage everyone to do so. It's probably best to point people here, because this is where all the info is on how to contribute.

EDIT: another idea: maybe we could get this thread stickied? Anyone know a mod here that could do that? Would it help?
EDIT3: another idea: use your sig space (see my sig)

EDIT2: about getting info about what the film will be about: I've been trying to get some sort of a merketing punch-line from Max, but he didn't answer this specific question (I had other question/issues at the time). I don't want to bug him too hard, he's surely got a load of work these days. I'll drop a "project buzz" into PirateMyFilm site, maybe "rishey" can answer. It might be the case, though, that they are unclear themselves as to what exactly will be the content.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 06:37:52 PM

we're on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/m5yzi/help_funding_max_keisers_film_on_bitcoin

thanks to manfromnantucket1984 for posting Wink

avoid3d

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 07:37:24 PM

This is true. However note that I gave my email address, bitcointalk and irc alias in the contract. Not much more I can do.

I'll even give people my real name and address via PM upon request.

At some point, you'll just have to just trust, I guess.

In the end, we additionally have to trust PirateMyFilm and Max Keiser, too, to actually produce the film (and do so in a way that sheds positive light on bitcoin).

Unfortunately trust is a funny thing, in real life you can say: I will trust everyone until they give me a reason not to, but on the interwebs with bitcoin, you have to reconsider Smiley

I do thank you for doing a good thing for our community and I will buy some shares if the BTC climbs abit and I can liquidate with a green number on my screen Tongue

avoid3d - Pierre Hugo
1avoid9FDvP15aKNyPGgJPcxfzMFM4Af6
DiThi

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 1dithi

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 08:15:05 PM

Bought 2 shares. Good luck with the project.

1DiThiTXZpNmmoGF2dTfSku3EWGsWHCjwt
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2011, 09:36:27 AM

You may have noticed that glbse.com has troubles. Stuff doesn't load.

Quote from: #glbse
<boonies4u> hello
<boonies4u> i'm having problems connecting
<brendio> yep. me too. looks like bicoind is down again
<boonies4u> great :/
<brendio> CHM, can you restart it? nefario posted recently that he'll be out of action while travelling
<boonies4u> i already sent him a pm over IRC
<boonies4u> no response

So it's probably nothing serious.

I just hope nefario gets around to restarting bitcoind quickly.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 12:00:29 PM

Its back up. Just bought 13 more shares of this.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 01:19:15 PM

I updated OP. We cracked the 40%, yay!

Do you guys think I should sell some of the BTC at this point or hope the exchange rate will go up?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:35:53 PM

I updated OP. We cracked the 40%, yay!

Do you guys think I should sell some of the BTC at this point or hope the exchange rate will go up?

Maybe they will accept payment in Bitcoin?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 02:41:28 PM

Maybe sell the BTC when/if Max calls in the pledges.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:06:24 PM

Maybe sell the BTC when/if Max calls in the pledges.

Yeah, I think that's most appropriate because that way I can give everyone their bitcoin back in case it doesn't happen.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2011, 03:19:36 PM

Someone seems to want to "get out" and is selling 15 shares for 0.99 BTC.

This is perfectly legitimate.

We could play nice and just buy them back. It would set us back 14.85, of course. Considering that we probably have to sell most of the shares anyway, this wouldn't make a difference in the end, because new donators will buy the 0.99 BTC shares first anyway.

What should I do?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: