Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ A Complete Guideline to use forum search button properly ★  (Read 751 times)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 08:00:58 PM

Just a quick thing to bear in mind: we often perform a Google search when searching for forum related information
Agree, forum search is very low quality as all forum searches on entire WWW. Google solves that allowing searching almost any website through it.
This is best tip how to use forum search in reality but tx for guide.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 08:53:04 PM

Agree, forum search is very low quality as all forum searches on entire WWW. Google solves that allowing searching almost any website through it.
This is best tip how to use forum search in reality but tx for guide.
Basically if anyone use the forum search option properly then in my opinion its obviously going to be helpful for him/her. Its quite easy to find the exact things by following proper guideline where many of us don't know about its exact use.

I tried to explain the whole guideline for our Community  user to make the best use of search option. Maybe they will be pretty much familiar with this very soon.    

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:50:51 AM

If using Google Search, searchers should include the keyword 'bitcointalk.org' to avoid phishing sites, such as this one below
It is terrible if you find something seems to be interesting one scam/ phishing sites
If you add the ".to" site to your hosts file, your browser will flat out refuse to open it. You can completely eliminate the risk of being phished by this site in <30 seconds. I'll quote myself below from the last time this was discussed with instruction on how to do so. Alternatively, if you are using Windows, your hosts file can be found in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\".

See the following site for instructions on how to open your hosts file on Windows, Mac or Linux: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

Add the following line to the bottom of your hosts file:
Code:
0.0.0.0 bitcointalk.to
TalkStar (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 02:58:48 AM

Bumping this topic for forum newbies.

▄██████████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2020, 08:25:55 AM

Normally, the Advanced Search feature is going to result much more efficient than the default search, although you have to play around with the parameters a bit. For example, since @piggy’s bot stopped working (I know that there are other available alternatives), this is how I use the Search function to locate references to me:

That delimits the scope of the searches to the last five days, sorting by the most recent entry.

A few things to consider:
-   Very recent references take a while to be indexed and displayed when using the search function. This means that the most recent references will need a few minutes (or longer) to display in the search results.

-   If you seek terms that are rather popular (i.e. scam), and leave the default 0..9999 day interval, the results displayed will be oldish. This happens when there are many results, and it is best to either refine the search further, or delimit the date range to say the last 300 days.

-   Delimiting the boards can also be pretty handy.

-   When I can’t find a specific post of mine (or someone else’s), delimiting "by user" tends to do the trick.

-   I tend to leave a search tab open for days. Sometimes it loses it’s search context when refreshing the result screen, and displays something totally unrelated. If this happens, go back to the Advanced Search parameter screen, change something, and search again (bear in mind that the default Search Order may be reset back "Most relevant topic first", which I normally change back to "Most recent topic first").
BTC_Mouse

Activity: 123
Merit: 49

Sig/Bounty Campaign Manager 4 hire AskGamblers COO

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 02:50:23 AM

All Bangladeshi Local User see This post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631891.msg55429775#msg55429775
I translated this post

affiliate@askgamblers.com

COO of askgamblers.com
JohnGaller

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2021, 06:49:56 PM

I agree that the search button is not a very good tool. I think that you should look at the desired topic in the old branches and create a new one. The world does not stand still and everything can change. Although often good answers are just in the old branches, so the question is very controversial. I remember at the university our washing machine also often broke down. There was not enough time for washing and even more for repairs. By the way, when there was a need, I turned to the guys from this site https://www.customessaymeister.com/blog/tips-on-how-to-write-a-classification-essay for help. They wrote a great essay and did everything quickly, inexpensively and efficiently!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: