Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think ICO is a good way to raise money?  (Read 4396 times)
Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:25:34 AM

I think ICO is still the best to raise money that you will use in building your project but building ICO this season its very hard  Wink
rickytakyan01

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:25:51 AM

Yes i guess Ico is a good way to raise money. If we have some experience and patience So through Ico we can earn more money in less time.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:27:50 AM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

For me, ICO is the fastest way for you to lose money. There are too many ICOs in this market and no ICO is really successful in 2017 and 2018. I never trust ICO to invest, care about altcoin top coinmarket. You will have a lot more secure options
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:28:03 AM

Although initial Coin offering isn't the only good way to raise money but that is one easy way for the upcoming projects. Project can have private funding from institutional investors or as well do self funding

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:29:55 AM

What is iso today? 1/10 projects that really work. All other projects do not make a profit, and even say more they steal our money.

binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:31:22 AM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

ICO is the field that focuses a lot of scammers. The Ingot coin mobilized over $ 44 million and they said they could not develop the project anymore and wanted to refund it to investors. then they left and there was no refund.
So before investing in ICO projects, we need to analyze carefully before engaging in it.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:43:06 AM

Surely ICO was a good way to raise money. but now a day, to raise much money it's so difficult. as we know the market condition still not stable, but I still have a faith, good and trusted company (it must have a best product too) will raised much money if doing an ICO.
in general now it is very difficult to believe in some kind of project. even very good ideas cannot find any money for the realization of their goals

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 11:48:07 AM

It is still a good way to attract investment, if the team consists of honest professionals who clearly understand the concept of their future product. The whole difficulty to bring it to the investors

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 12:48:12 PM

Honestly saying ICO was very good way to raised capital for a promising start up projects, But these status was only before when ICO's was not infested with greed and scam by selfish individuals , But these year  2019 i think its very rough for many ICO's now due to many factors that involve including scams and the ICO market situation.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:01:54 PM

it used to be back in 2017 that you only needed to have a website and nothing else to raise millions of dollars out of thin air because the market at that time was filled with a lot of foolish people.
but slowly they all went out or realized their foolishness. nowadays nobody trusts any ICO anymore.

The advertisement strategy is importat on raising fuds through ICO,

again it used to work like this, but people stopped falling for the scam so they can no longer succeed no matter how much they try.
Didn't talk about the scam projects,even the legit projects needs advertisements plans or they won't get enough recognization which will result in prject failure as well.
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:03:52 PM

Of course, if you don't invest in a scam project then you will definitely be profitable. Like ICO BTT if you are lucky and you can buy it, you now have 10 times the amount of money you invested, and many other good ICOs also give us a lot of profits.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
asbak66
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 01:21:23 PM

If you're investor and want to double your money, I don't think so.
ICO nowadays is not profitable again for me, cause usually when enter market, the price is automatically dump, I don't know why but usually many of them ended like that

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2019, 01:42:18 PM

Well, it is not the best way to raise money, there are many other better ways to get your project to be funded, but ICO is definitely the easiest one, and that is one of the reasons why many people using it as a scam method. And as for the Investor, ICO is also one of the easiest ways to make profit, you just need to buy the right ICO, and hold it and sell it on the right time. You, don't need to look at the chart everyday, or working on anything.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:46:10 PM

it used to be back in 2017 that you only needed to have a website and nothing else to raise millions of dollars out of thin air because the market at that time was filled with a lot of foolish people.
but slowly they all went out or realized their foolishness. nowadays nobody trusts any ICO anymore.

The advertisement strategy is importat on raising fuds through ICO,

again it used to work like this, but people stopped falling for the scam so they can no longer succeed no matter how much they try.
Didn't talk about the scam projects,even the legit projects needs advertisements plans or they won't get enough recognization which will result in prject failure as well.

Well whether it's scam or legitimate, the money coming in to icos considerably decreased over time mainly because of people being more doubtful and wary. I think you can still raise funds through icos but not close to how much you'll be able to raise 2 or 3 years back.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
blockchain2k

Activity: 420
Merit: 44

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:08:48 PM

ICO is one of the most effective ways of raising money for your project.

If you plan to run an ICO you will have to have a great project (needed, preferably untapped market) which can scale globally. The second part you will need is a great execution plan to achieve various of your goals. Thirdly, people will have to like and trust that you will develop it and are capable of doing so.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:18:07 PM

In the past, ico was the best way, but now it seems no longer. a lot of fraud in ico makes everyone start not believing in this method. As a result, many good projects failed to get development funds. but now there are changes because there is a new method, STO, overall STO is almost the same as ICO. the difference is that at STO there is a guarantee of the security of funds from the institution that oversees the new project. so the possibility of the project committing fraud is very small.

burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:18:17 PM

When i hear this three letter i would run away "ICO"! In last 3 years i left my office job and working in bounty campaigns at home. So far i could manage to make my living with bounty hunting and made some invest too. I did found project which about Food Ecosystem on Blockchain and i really liked the idea and trusted their team(!) and invested $3.000. The project sold around $5 million and after that they vanished in just 3 days! That was beginning of 2018 and i have lost my money, my hopes and my beliefs to ICO's and i would never ever invest to another. By the way the project name was "CIBUS"
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:23:06 PM

I believe its one of the best way to raise money from every investors around the world who wants to invest the only problem is whether this ICO owners are legit and comply with the regulations before starting to raise funds what is happening now is a big mistake letting many scammers to conduct an ICO with no authority and runaway the collected money its should be corrected and regulated ASAP very to stop fake ICOs. 

thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:28:26 PM

maybe, but now it's like no longer. many projects failed to raise funds from the ICO. the failure was caused by a decline in the level of investor confidence in the new project.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1305

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:29:59 PM

Perhaps a year ago it was a good option for many, but today it is a difficult path and it does not work for everyone. Although if the project is strong, even in a period of major crisis, hardcaps are collected, so for the strong there are no barriers. But I think that ico itself will change, because as it is, it works poorly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███