Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:33:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think ICO is a good way to raise money?  (Read 4396 times)
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 10:44:23 PM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

I fear to participate in ICO because of the large number of scammers among the new projects, and until the legislative regulation of this activity is introduced, I do not plan to participate in ICO again.
ije07

Activity: 1415
Merit: 250

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:04:47 PM

The purpose of ICO is to collect funds and the funds collected aim to become project capital and usually the minimum ICO target is called softcap so that when the ICO cannot reach the softcap it means that the project has not received sufficient funds, so the project will not be realized due to lack of capital and wrong one solution for all of that is to extend the duration of the ICO
and such problems were experienced by the ELEMENTH Project, even though they seemed to have received a lot of funds but actually they still could not get enough capital so they could not develop their projects

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:07:45 PM

It is the only way that these developers can fund their project, other than that they don't have any resources unless they got a back up from private company, but right now the project however good it may seem will not materialize if there are n funds for the project.
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:11:56 PM

I think yes, because usually when ICO the price is very cheap, besides that there is usually a program of discounts and certain bonuses.
maybe you are interested in the ETHA project, for more details about the ETHA project information, try check the links at signature that I use  Grin Grin

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 11:20:24 PM

It is the only way that these developers can fund their project, other than that they don't have any resources unless they got a back up from private company, but right now the project however good it may seem will not materialize if there are n funds for the project.
actually not really the only way since there are also crowdfunding, kickstart and many more.
ICO is one of most convenient way to raise money without any complication but the project will still need to comply with the regulation of each own government.

oktana

Activity: 1638
Merit: 288

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2019, 11:45:12 PM

It is very fortunate if the developer wants to refund the funds of those who have invested in the project, well even though the price drops but all are risks that we must accept as investors in the ICO, so we cannot call the ICO a scam because everything can happen to the project especially regulatory issues many projects are not eligible for this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 12:03:56 AM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

The ICO for now is almost scam it was a waste of time and money to invest if you want to have a high return of profit you must study how to trade because many exchange now is handling ICO, STO, IEO, ATO something like that many CEO wants the best for their project so if the project was legit then you will see many people invest on it, like binance many legit ICO was there and you can buy coins when you are approve in your kyc.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 12:38:17 AM

Of course the ICO is not the best way to get money, the ICO is for those who are big capital investors. I think the best way to get money from cryptocurrency is to trade. You can take a little profit every day from trading results.
Are you not reading the content and just replying? he is asking about ICO projects and not starting his own project to make money  Tongue.

I would like to see ICO if it is a legit project and with all the scams that took place in the market, majority will have a bad experience when it comes to ICO investment one way or the other and i think it is difficult to convince people other than it is a legit project with legit team.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 01:39:09 AM

I think ico is still better way to raise money to develop project.
for banning scammers , i think cryptoworld need some new rule to act about this.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 01:53:55 AM

Most people really think so. That a good and appropriate way is to invest in ICO. Maybe with that it can benefit easily. If the project is good, if you don't, you will certainly suffer losses. I will also do the same if I have money for investment.
briton

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 01:59:16 AM

It used to be said that ico is one of the best ways to raise money because there are still many good and potential ico, but now many ico fail and scam, so now people think about investing in ico or not because the conditions are not stable
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 02:57:06 AM

In the old day, it is a dependable way to raise some fund for a project, but today it getting harder to collect fund from doing an ICO, the reason would be many investors getting hesitated because there are so many scam ICO being created.
MrGGates

Activity: 169
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:02:06 AM

I think for now you better become a daily trader, because even for ico the guarantee of a successful project is very little so it's better to become a trader now than to become an ico investor
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:11:13 AM

I do only not think there is anything wrong in raising money through ICO, but the agenda or notion behind it is what makes it to be either good or bad.
It is quite unfortunate that some individuals these days have started makes ng wrongful use of that process and this has made some people to loose trust in most ICOs.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 03:14:40 AM

If it's being used as a scam, definitely not but a lot of people and projects are getting down because of the fraud that surrounds it. I have seen a recent project that has something to do with plagiarising content and editing photos of real people to scam people. That's just absurd and a lot of work to be done to scam. They all want is to have easy money, and that's not good in any country. You can never get rid of them. Just create projects that are legitimate and prove all of it is good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 03:24:41 AM

As long as the project is a high quality one, it would highly possible to collect fund from ICO, but at this moment it would be little harder with the market condition that keep on going up and down very often.
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 06:15:56 AM

in my opinion the best way is generated from Ico because we only work by promoting a project without capital and we are paid (if not a scam project). basically if we want a lot of profits, of course, we need capital money and capability in the world of cryptoqurency, both trade and investment.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 06:24:57 AM

This is one of the reasons why scammers are targetting those ICO investors because it is easy to raise money, you only need a good design, whitepaper, and people who will hype, your project and presto you have money easy money with much effort.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2019, 02:47:57 PM

ICO is a good way for what it is meant for, which is to raise funds for projects. However, I don't see it becoming any more sustainable or guaranteed given the many bad experience encountered by investors in the quest to invest in ICOs.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 02:53:52 PM

For a long time, participation in many ICO projects has really been a good way to collect money. However, the situation has gradually changed, and this is primarily due to the falling prices on the crypto market, as well as a large number of scammers. So now participation in ICO is like a lottery.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: