Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think ICO is a good way to raise money?  (Read 4397 times)
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:40:22 PM

The good times for icos are over, but it is still possible to raise money. I think only very large and already known projects can still collect money with icos, but for small projects it is very difficult to finance with it.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:43:47 PM

that's right, ICO is the best and fast way to raise funds, already many companies have successfully made money from ICO although many also fail and scam.

and the problem is the government still thinks that ICO is an illegal method and has a high potential for fraud.

gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2019, 11:47:02 PM

ICO is the best way for crypto project developers who want to raise funds with global investment. To support the ICO it should be accompanied by a search for partners who are capable and in accordance with the project you are going to run. And of course if someone wants to run an ICO, they need a big responsibility because they hold investment money.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:02:32 PM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).
ICOs are good way to raise money but you just need to know what anything with an advantage can also have a disadvantage. ICOs have seen a huge growth recently and were able to surpass $550 million in funding. They are a way for a rapid funding and fewer regulations .

It is not like the traditional model that you will have to go through long process.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:12:15 PM

Yes, I am sure that ICO processes now still have serious opportunities for fundraising and the implementation of the project itself. I think that people continue and further people continue to raise funds and solve large problems.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:20:49 PM

Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

I think ICO as a way to raise money in the coming year is a good way to make a profit from it. But, not all ICO projects will give you big profits, so you need your own observations and analysis of some ICO projects that you think have great potential to be able to provide you with benefits if you feel hesitant to invest in ICO you can buy top 50 coins.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 06:16:36 PM

This is a good method, provided that you do not make a mistake in choosing a project, and the project itself will be successful, and not unprofitable. A lot of factors affect the potential profit.
cyramji (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 6

Cryptoji.net | Translation services

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 06:42:19 PM

2017 is a really good year to raise a lot of money from ico but now it's no longer because now there are so many projects scam or die after doing ico but have very low value when the list on market

I think that we had an ICO bubble , then everything went down so only High quality project are able ro resist

Cryptoji.net  #1 Crypto Translation Services focused on Blockchain technology field
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 06:53:29 PM

ICO remains a platform for scammers. 45% of business running ICOs are scammers. the best option these days is an IEO. join an exchange and launch your fund there. when your fund  is totally colected, you can come back for trading. it very simple. we have lots of exchanges these days and IEO is take over the ICO model.
Moore234
Copper Member

Activity: 547
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 06:57:09 PM

Right now, IEO is the best way to raise money for a project. A lot of potentials project are doing it. Recently today binance launchpad was sold out, and also in Probit Exchange. IEO is the best option right now for a project to raise money.
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:11:46 PM

ICOs were only beneficial way back 2017 but not this time. Now projects are failing because it is difficult to achieve softcap. I think there should be other means of raising funds to support a project.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 07:21:38 PM

Yes I do, but ICO is just alternative way to gain some profit, I prefer do trading because it's more profitable in my opinion. Lately ICO is on it's hype, what just I mean is the Binance Launchpad, as you know BitTorent and FET are multiple times it's ICO price.

The above ICOs are rather an exception to the rules given the negative trend that has been going on since the beginning of 2018. And given the agiotage that is accompanied by every ICO on the binance, there are chances that we are waiting for the revival of the former popularity of this type of fundraising.

cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 07:34:45 PM

It WAS a good way in raising money for a project and I agree if we will go back to 2017 but have you seen an ICO that last for 10-22secs? Yes! There is! Fetch.ai, it was unfortunate that I tried to participate and I even leave for work today but they are fast enough. I hope it will be listed right away so I could grab some.

Binance had a lot to do with this , all ICO projects launched on there got quick coins sale

Cryptoji.net  #1 Crypto Translation Services focused on Blockchain technology field
cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 08:08:52 PM

It always depends on the ICO project that you want to invest mate. If you're preferred to invest in any finished projects then its a good idea to put money and for sure you will become profitable with it.. Rather than investing on some fresh ICO projects which is even though it's very promising it still not safe because mostly nowadays are infested by some scam project and the worse thing on it is .. It's to hard to determine what the real intentions because of copy pasting strategy nowadays of some ico project.
When you see bear market like this one , even Bitcoin is struggling to gain value, dont expect from an ICO project based on some utility tokens to resist or even get 10 percent from ICO price

cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 08:11:25 PM

Yes and no, when there were a lot of good ico, there were many investors involved and ico was running smoothly, but now the condition of ico is not as good as it used to be and many people are rethinking investment in ico, I hope that in the future ico will be able to develop as well before there will be a lot of people investing in ico
I think even nowadays there are good ICOs that i bet if the started in 2017 they can reach soft cap in few days , But now they cant even complete Pre-sale. So it is not about ICO quality , It is about the process itself as a way to rais funds

cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 08:13:32 PM

Ico is indeed one of the good ways to get profits, especially in 2017. But in the following year, a lot of fraud occurred, many ico failed, scam, making the popularity of ico declined and investor confidence faded, moreover the market situation deteriorated. Getting profits from Ico is quite difficult because you have to do an in-depth analysis of the project so you don't get caught up in fraud. This requires experience.
Good point man , thank you for your opinion

MrGGates

Activity: 169
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:15:20 PM

be more careful in the future and I think ico will still be many and many also ico projects that really are serious about making projects because only a few projects are scam, you need to be careful
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:40:24 PM

ICO is the worst thing that ever happened in the crypto community. It is what has caused the burden of trust on cryptocurrency today. I wish it was never discovered as a means of raising funds for projects.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 10:54:45 PM

When ICO introduced that time its good for ICO to raise fund Many project raised much money like Bancor Protocol,ETH and more now many people used this format loot lot of people money I won't think now its good.
Thank you , It is still good , But It needs some regulations.

cyramji (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 11:03:03 PM

In the beginning yes, but for now I think its not, to much high risk, because to much scammers or manipulators join ICO. Maybe you can do trading for gain some profit. CMIIW

But even now there are some good projects that need funding methods , and ICO can help , But we need to do some regulations , some funds always go to the right place

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: